test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.125.20210524a.14

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11491523

Comments

• malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Patch Notes: Version: NW.125.20210524a.16
    By Julia (nitocris83) | Fri 16 Jul 2021 05:41:05 PM PDT

Release Notes

Combat and Powers

Item Powers

Ring of Air and Ring of Darkness should no longer deal much more damage than intended.

Dev Note: The damage from these rings was meant to do magnitude damage, which means it takes weapon damage and adds a multiplier to that value to get the final damage. What was instead happening with these rings is they were grabbing the damage of the attack that triggered it and multiplying off of that which is a significantly greater value in the end. They have been fixed to look at weapon damage with this patch.

This is great and all, but can you fix smolder to work the way it was intended? The only people affected by this nerf hammer are the 1%ers that have it. It could have easily been backburned and ya'll actually fix some of the stuff that is affecting a larger majority of players. Since ya'll actually have the brainpower to push out a quick nerf hammer, I can only assume that you can also fix a LOT of other powers that have magnitude damage issues. Like for example.... EVERY companion equip power that states it does a certain magnitude, doesn't actually put out that amount of damage. Aranea... Con artist... Remorhaz... to name a few.

If you think about it... those procs should be in line with the Lostmauth set, right?
  • madziggy1madziggy1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    I think you fixed the air ring too much. I keep getting 0 dmg procks.