test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M20 to M21 Transition Inconsistencies

2»

Comments

• sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    On preview, Zariel's Challenge Master Trial deathless reward Blessed Cape apperance has changed for male characters. It still remains the same on female characters. Is this a bug, or intended change? If it is, why is it different based on genders. I hope its just a bug because old version looked much better and unique in my opinion, new version looks very basic.

This is how it looked like originally:

And this is how it looks on preview on male characters:

Character name: Juggernaut@sekosek#5740
    Post edited by sekosek#5740 on
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    As posted above, I too am having problems with the elemental evil campaign. I reported this (along with another) here. Now that I can finally copy to preview I also notice that Well of Dragons has a problem.

For my character Halcyon compare EE on live vs preview. Also WoD on preview only has 75% complete, but 100 on live.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2021
    Awesome, thanks for all these posts. QA is currently looking into each of them. Finding all these niche transition issues is great.

Can I ask anyone that is posting about these to include their character name. This will speed up the process for QA while we are trying to confirm them.

Thanks again, these are great bugs
    - SKing
    Post edited by skingdev#1102 on
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Since the last patch, the quest "A Mage Summons" is popping up for characters that have previously done it, even following the path line allows for no interaction. I believe it was the initial quest into New Sharandar.

Selenathar@ukspawn
  • dandroids#8072 dandroids Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Ran Undermountain on my bard today, couldn't see attack animations when in disguise and wasn't able to go into perform mode. Nothing happens when using thief skill on backpack nodes, nothing added to inventory and no notification, they just disappear.

Alchemy MW vi recipes are showing now but nothing else, and I can upgrade my workshop and artisan recruitment packs work again so thank you for that :)

Awesome, thanks for all these posts. QA is currently looking into each other them. Finding all these niche transition issues is great.

Can I ask anyone that is posting about these to include their character name. This will speed up the process for QA while we are trying to confirm them.

Thanks again, these are great bugs
    - SKing

About the Elemental Evil campaign completion issue:

Lazy_Fighter@royinever character had no problem but Lazy_Ranger@royinever character had its campaign progress reset.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Loss in Campaign/adventure progress. Questline progress broken in whispering caverns.
    The quest "Into the unknown" is impossible to complete because the target NPC is not avaible in the map. The second issue related to this quest is that, "Into the unknown" quest is completed on live but, when I copy the character on preview, the game marks it as not completed yet. This is the only quest bugged and, because of that, I can't get the rewards of the whispering cavers
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261508/whispering-caverns-questline-impossible-to-finish-bugged-quest
    quest-tracker-bugged

For completeness, have just run all the quests that were outstanding on my level 80 character. The npc is by entrance to the final lair in the area.
    Actually, the NPC needed for the last quest in the zone is in a subzone of Whispering Caverns, the Upper Vault. Since it is not in the main zone, then there is no fairy dust to show you where to go, as there is no place to go in the main areas of Whispering Caverns. Once you get to the Upper Vault, you get your fairy dust trail. The problem is, there is no indicator on the map where the portal to the Upper Vault is located. I found it with a bit of difficulty.

• caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    One issue I've noticed are the removal of old campaign stores which would be bad for those players who have a ton of campaign currencies they have yet to spend. For example: the Acquisitions Incorporated store and any chance to get the campaign's artifact gear is gone. (Speaking of which, has the Heart of Fire r14 enchantment been permanently removed from the game?)

Would you consider repurposing a vendor in the Protectors' Enclave to universally sell old campaign items and old restoration ingredients - acting as a "last chance vendor?"

I literally have 100+ Dark Fey keys from the old Sharandar mod just sitting in my inventory as well. It would be nice to trade them in.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    @skingdev#1102

@aesculaepius, @viraaal a fix actually just went in for the copying to Preview issue. Can you try to copy over your characters again for me on this mornings build?

Let me know if you are still running into issues with importing characters from Dragon to Mimic

- SKing

Works great, at last. It would be great if we could get access to a stronghold to test that - but nobody is going to build one up to a high level on Preview. I have a ton of quests with Masterworks that I can't check on because I don't have access to a stronghold. But, at least I can see the characters, so thanks!
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Since the last preview patch all my campaigns are gone from the UI window (Palacetamol 52@hastati96).

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    I just went back to preview after a while and it seems like all maze engine currency just vanished from my character. It doesn't show up in the inventory at all and there is no exchange for the currency at the antiquities vendor.

I also have some adventurer's xp booster that I got as a drop from the jubilee event that I can't trade in at the exchange vendor (10,000 xp bonus)

There is also no listing for the demonic tome of experience from the maze engine task at the exchange vendor.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Existing toons unable to progress past the "Ready your companion" step in the Quest "Five Keys for success" if they have upgraded versions of the starter companions. Deleting upgraded version of companion fixes the issue, but deleting mythic companions for quest progression can be considered expensive for some players.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Hello i just noticed that it's impossibile, even if I complete Zariel Master on first day, to queue for it on preview server. I also bought the Bane of the hells from Baazar but nothing change

and I dont have nothin on the overflow bag

Any idea of what happened? @skingdev#1102

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    There is a problem with the quest where you get your first companion. Because you have to redo it even when you already are at level 80 on live and have a ton of companions you still have to bind the companion from the quest. If you choose a companion where you already have one of the same type you would have to delete that companion to summon it. If you only have a white rarity companion it's not a big deal but if your companions are a higher rarity than white you have to delete a higher rarity companion only to be able to bind the white rarity companion.
    edited July 2021
    Bug :

When retraining from Vanguard to Dreadnaught Fighter, im not able to slot the class feature Enduring Vengeance that used to unlock at level 65.

@skingdev#1102
    Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited July 2021
    Bug :

Transfering a toon that has the Whispering Caverns questline partially complete shows no map marker to get to the location needed to complete questline.

@skingdev#1102
    Elite Whaleboy
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the extra love on this thread. I have testers looking into these. We will try and get a patch out to Preview with fixes to the ones we nail down.

Thanks again
    - SKing
    @skingdev#1102 in case QA missed it, Guild Food is currently scaled to lvl 20 (in a 1-80 system) making it look like it got severely nerfed.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • sidhemagesidhemage Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Since the last preview patch all my campaigns are gone from the UI window (Palacetamol 52@hastati96).

I am seeing this problem too.
    So my friend who had problems with his Elemental Evil campaign still has some. His progression on some of the chars got fixed, but still not fixed on these chars: Lazy_Paladin@royinever, Lazy_Warlock@royinever, Lazy_Ranger@royinever

Also Well of Dragons campaign seems bugged too. Basically if you are half way in the campaign, it will not finish the first task(Reach the Well of Dragons task) on the new version of the campaign, but it can finish the other tasks.

An example of the situation:

Live:

Preview: