test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fangs on my human character

evilfish82evilfish82 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I've been advised to post here about the fact that my human fighter now has a set of fangs plastered over his face. This occured after changing his appearance. Also I've been told by people who tried to inspect my character that his chest is transparent on their screens.

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I saw a girl last week who had an invisible torso when she took off her top, she said she had changed her appearance and her body had disappeared afterwards. She was asking in PE zone chat if anyone could have a look at her, so a couple of us met her in an instance together and sure enough, when she took off her top piece, instead of skin and a bra, she had no torso and I think from memory no arms either. Just a floating head lol.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,132 Arc User
    Fangs? Too much time in Barovia and you were turned.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • evilfish82evilfish82 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Yes. Fangs.
    Ugh not sure how to post picture. Here's the link.
    https://ibb.co/ZJqG327
    Yep. You were turned. Into a vampire or some kind of demon or devil :D
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    ewww that's scary AF. (You post a pic by clicking that icon with the mountain inside the square on the top bar, a drop-down will appear and you paste in your direct link, then hit enter. You can click preview to make sure it's appearing right if u want to check before posting.)
    But I tried to use your link above to put it in the thread for you, but it won't work (link works when you click it though to view it), I think it's that site isn't supported or it doesn't like the link format because I use Postimage (https://postimages.org/) and that works fine. Dunno.
    Here I made a copy and uploaded it to mine so it's in the thread.

Thanks.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The invisible torso sounds like it could be related to using an appearance change on an old premod4 character. The fangs are just bizarre though. How old is your character?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I think I made it shortly after the game came out, that's probably it. Any fix for that?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The usual glitch is a brown shirt appearing instead if the default underwear top on female characters. It happens when you do a change appearance using the old model and modifying from there. To avoid the bug or fix it, you need to apply a preset look, the left tab with preset characters. Once you click one of those, you can then safetly make changes to the options in the right tab. Apparently, clicking the preset updates your character to the models used in mod 4 and after.

If you try this, I recommend screenshotting the individual tabs with sliders and such so you can recreate your old look as much as possible, should you want to that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Honestly I don't care much about the looks the character already looks kind of dumb, but the teeth just kill me. Been looking for a helmet I like but nothing so far. I'll try this however. Hope it does not cost me a token but hell, might as well since there's no reply from the devs.
    Yup that did it. Fangs are gone. Thanks a lot.
    You can get appearance change tokens from Ch3 of The Cloaked Ascendancy.
    pitshade said:

The invisible torso sounds like it could be related to using an appearance change on an old premod4 character. The fangs are just bizarre though. How old is your character?

That's what the girl I mentioned above said, she said it was an old character too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    That is absolutely terrifying and I've escalated the issue. It likely is due to an older model.