test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Golden Companion Bundle Sale Issue Resolved

13»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

i don't think anyone has to refine much in the way of ad. not for a very long time. it would solve a lot of problems in this game if no one were. this game has wayyyy too much ad. no one has to pay the bills as it were. if you're actually playing the game you are refining ad by existing to some degree. and by just playing the game and selling your drops of various thing and not selling the things that are worth nothing at all right now but stashing them on an alt you will eventually have ad coming out your ears. when I was playing I was regularly getting 500k to 1mil drops. and they were nothing special. people DO regularly get good drops. may not be the golden ticket drops but bread and butter drops. flip on ah. maybe buy something undervalued and flip that. or trade up for those that like to trade. learn the market a little as to what is hot and what is not. eventually nearly all those 2k valued drops will sell for a million or more.

as far as giving cryptic money. if people stop they have to stop and realize that they're doing something very wrong and do some revisions. whiteside was very very very bad for this game and imo they should stop and look around and realize that he made it worse instead of fixing it and then do some back stepping to get players back in the fold. as far as I am concerned if they stopped making this game i would just be like, whatever... as it stands. they won't though.

There is enough AD in the market: Yes. Is that relevant to new and/or individual players? No. There is no mutual pocket. I saw many prices dropping in AD value. But that are signs of deflationary AD accumulations of individuals. That are signs that less value is refined than in fewer times. Else we would see AD inflation. That is a symptom of declining overall playtime.

Rich AD individuals versus Poor AD individuals. Only because some players have >100 millions of AD does not mean they will spend it.
    there is plenty of ad in the world and it is fairly easy to make ad flipping things. you do need to learn what has worth and what doesn't but anyone can make ad much more than 100k a day if they set their mind to it.
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2021

imo they also needed to rebuild the packs from old lockboxes to reflect the changes so those things don't drop anymore. and the packs have something else in them to compensate.

Good idea. I like it.

there is plenty of ad in the world and it is fairly easy to make ad flipping things. you do need to learn what has worth and what doesn't but anyone can make ad much more than 100k a day if they set their mind to it.

There is no free lunch. Individuals can make AD fairly easy. The profit you have is the loss of someone else. In the end of the day someones income is refined AD without any accession of a mutual big AD pocket.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Making profit isn't someone else's loss. They bought something they thought worth the value that they needed/wanted.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

There is no free lunch. Individuals can make AD fairly easy. The profit you have is the loss of someone else. In the end of the day someones income is refined AD without any accession of a mutual big AD pocket.
    it's not at anyone's loss. it's a free market. people sell for what they want to sell it for. and people buy at what the market can bear. if someone massively undercuts or doesn't price right that's on them. and it's still likely they made a profit. and you can do it quite well without ever engaging another player. like I said, just playing the game I was averaging at least a few high value drops a week if not more. and the low value drops get saved for the day when they are a high value drop (it always comes around. especially with companions and mounts. ) even artifacts.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I think NW is not as "grindy" as people complain about, and wasn't back then either. Other games are way more grindy, or rely on some RNG as well, but the problem is that they are usually enjoyable in their complexity OR in their group content OR in various market-niches where people can find their spot. In Mod 14, even those that did NOT participate in huntgate farmed and farmed. Everybody was busy. In my alli nobody was sitting around complaining in PE, they were playing the game.
    A game has to actually make you feel good for playing it, and then you do not mind farming currency too much imo. For me, this starting dropping fast after M14 and I should have seen it earlier.

The issue with AD farming is imo: there are some ways, but they do not encourage everybody equally. Say, a MMO has updated crafting OR crafting that is actually really valuable for every player at the same time (for example, you do not make endgame weapons, but incredients. We discussed that for long, I know, not my point) and has similar other progression systems (hideouts/rooms/houses to upgrade for perks/showoff/feelgood aspect; updated and continued SH environment, has a different hunt system (hunts for achievements, if achievements actually do something or you actually HAVE the opportunity to reach 100% in NW, if it only werent for all the content taken out of the game or achievements broken) OR specific contests in those various progression systems or or or or or. Then people would actually FARM. And play.
    There was the 20k/toon RAD refinement restriction before 100k/acc, as most ppl remember. It was not uncommon that people had 40+ toons for refinement, and they actually maxed that on good days. Do the math. And that was just RAD, no drops.

And now it feels hella restricted to before, but AH semi-adjusted to new values, right. There are still whales, but to be honest: so many whales stopped playing that its not even that bad anymore.
    The game just lacks some sort of motivation/drive. Sure, I will let myself be kicked around for a few min for 10 wards, but what do I do then?
    If you really WANT to farm big AD, there are options. Its entirely possible. If they are all real fun or you feel rewarded for them is another matter completely.
    - bye bye -
    greywynd said:

Making profit isn't someone else's loss. They bought something they thought worth the value that they needed/wanted.

That is only true for items that you can sell in future - unbound items.
    Items you buy that are bound keep only the value they would have in future. And that is often zero after several months. That is no investment. That is consume.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    What’s great is you took the sale, well the whole bundle away before payday.
    *shrugs*
    This Thursday deadline.
    Can you move them to Saturday after folks get paid.
    Just a thought.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i wouldn't worry too much about that, there'll probably be another companion bundle in the ZEN shop either during the Protector's Jubilee or at least before the next new lockbox comes out with legendary/mythic account-wide companion packs in it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    regenerde said:

Well, i wouldn't worry too much about that, there'll probably be another companion bundle in the ZEN shop either during the Protector's Jubilee or at least before the next new lockbox comes out with legendary/mythic account-wide companion packs in it.

Yes, there will be always something that is a "better" deal later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2021
    Well, one thing is for sure, i'll be banking a lot of coupons from the next Protector's Jubilee on several characters...
    B)
    Want to know why?
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I'm sure the devs will something to avoid this type of situation in the future. Probably something like putting an expiration on 100% off coupons.

That is only true for items that you can sell in future - unbound items.
    Items you buy that are bound keep only the value they would have in future. And that is often zero after several months. That is no investment. That is consume.

Most sane people only look to what they need/can use. Not looking to the future hoping that some doodad they have may increase in value. After all, it is only a game and we own nothing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

What’s great is you took the sale, well the whole bundle away before payday.
    *shrugs*
    This Thursday deadline.
    Can you move them to Saturday after folks get paid.
    Just a thought.

Events run Thursday after maintenance until Thursday start of maintenance. Not counting weekend flash sales.

I'm sure the devs will something to avoid this type of situation in the future. Probably something like putting an expiration on 100% off coupons.

If they do, they admit it was a fault. But today they avoid to make this statement.
    If they do, they are changing something. Nothing more. Try reading the ToS sometime. They can change whatever they want whenever they want with no reason given.
    edited June 2021

Well, that could be a solution for this issue, but they'll just remove these "bad" coupons instead:

Events
    Events up to July 8th have been scheduled on the calendar.
    Protector’s Jubilee
    Coupons are no longer dropped or granted as part of the event rewards.

link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489283
    Want to know why?
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Yep , no coupon for you !!! Wonderful :(
  • poliel#3832 poliel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, one thing is for sure, i'll be banking a lot of coupons from the next Protector's Jubilee on several characters...
    B)

or so you thought

regenerde said:

B)

or so you thought
    some beancounter at Cryptic/PWE:"Players are now going to spend more real money on our game!"
    or so they thought. =)
    Want to know why?