test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tunnel Vision animation is buggy on Wizards

agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
edited April 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Right after using Tunnel Vision combat powe, toon is unable to use any power for like 2 seconds, significantly affecting your rotation.

This seems to affect Wizards only; other classes doesn’t seem to have this wonky behaviour, and can effectively trigger Tunnel Vision followed by any attack without any delay whatsoever, even skipping animation.

https://ibb.co/gPRPSqC

Comments

• Options
    catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Most classes from what i seen can animation cancel tunnel vision. thats what i do on cleric.

I just use it quick between encounters, if wait too long before using another skill it will complete its whole cast.

Some people preffer to use legendary toad because it has always instant cast, and its hit is delayed, may work better for some arti bursts.
  • Options
    > @catson#7772 said:
    > Most classes from what i seen can animation cancel tunnel vision. thats what i do on cleric.
    >
    > I just use it quick between encounters, if wait too long before using another skill it will complete its whole cast.
    >
    > Some people preffer to use legendary toad because it has always instant cast, and its hit is delayed, may work better for some arti bursts.

I understand it can be animation-cancelled, but it is not this what In referring to.

In any other class I tested this, I can use an encounter right after triggering Tunnel Vision without any issue. However, on a Wizard, when you use Tunnel Vision, your toon is kind of stuck for a 1 second after the animation, ignoring any action.

I hope anyone can give it a go and test. I will try to upload a clear clip of this.

Thank you for replying.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Here a short clip, taken from OfficialThought YT video

https://streamable.com/cmutsy

Here you can see what I mean, after Tunnel Vision animation, toon is stuck for a while before triggering next attack. This only happens on Wizard class
    Post edited by agoraotro#4630 on
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Divine Intervention(Celestial Wings) animation is bugged too.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    Any chance this could be looked into? @nitocris83

Tunnel Vision animation blocks toon’s actions, only Wizard class.

Clip here: https://streamable.com/cmutsy
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    The number of bugs for wizard powers is ridiculous @nitocris83. Could we get a reply to these posts so we know it's being worked on at least. At this point I would be fine if you just redid the class from the ground up. Storm Pillar, Smolder/Rimefire, cooldowns and tunnel vision are just a few of the posts I've seen in the past few weeks. Wizards are broken.
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

> @catson#7772 said:
    > Most classes from what i seen can animation cancel tunnel vision. thats what i do on cleric.
    >
    > I just use it quick between encounters, if wait too long before using another skill it will complete its whole cast.
    >
    > Some people preffer to use legendary toad because it has always instant cast, and its hit is delayed, may work better for some arti bursts.

I understand it can be animation-cancelled, but it is not this what In referring to.

In any other class I tested this, I can use an encounter right after triggering Tunnel Vision without any issue. However, on a Wizard, when you use Tunnel Vision, your toon is kind of stuck for a 1 second after the animation, ignoring any action.

I hope anyone can give it a go and test. I will try to upload a clear clip of this.

Thank you for replying.

That is because those other classes' encounter powers can be used to animation cancel, while for Wizards only daily powers can animation cancel. In order to make Tunnel Vision go faster, activate Arcane Empowerment immediately after using it. Of course, that power has its own long animation.

The number of bugs for wizard powers is ridiculous @nitocris83. Could we get a reply to these posts so we know it's being worked on at least. At this point I would be fine if you just redid the class from the ground up. Storm Pillar, Smolder/Rimefire, cooldowns and tunnel vision are just a few of the posts I've seen in the past few weeks. Wizards are broken.

Don't worry, the most you will get after years of whining about the bugs is the most bugged power being replaced. Don't assume they will fix it. It is a lot of work and dedication from their side, I think they would have to re-write most of the wizard class and powers code. It is probably a big mess, causing all these odd bugs. They would rather use that time to write the Bard class instead, which is understandable.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Can we have an update on this since this is an issue that affects the Wizards and only the Wizards? It's quite unfair to give attention to something else when you have all of these existing issues plaguing a class...