Options

rank 7 demotions

2»

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    greywynd said:

To me, the position of leader is akin to the position of King or Queen and there is traditionally only one of those at any given time. To me having more than one person as leader goes against the vibe of where we are supposed to be existing in Neverwinter which is in extremely olden days with lords, kings, slaves/minions, hierarchy, not a recent democratic 21st century world. I think the guild rank system was probably designed with this ethos in mind and if people try to make it do other things it will cause issues at rank 7. But that's just my view.

My issue is if a decision to be made and all the r7's have to vote on it, what comes first? Them logging in to vote or their demotion?
    Well, the person flagged for demotion obviously shouldn't get a vote, but the way I could see it working would be:
    • A rank 7 flags another for demotion - the 'flagger' gets an auto Yes vote
    • The flagged person is immediately placed in the 'suspension' mode that currently exists
    • All other rank 7's get a pop-up message as soon as they log in notifying them of the vote
    • The vote has a timer (whatever would be considered reasonable - 7 days?) If it times out, it fails.
    • If the vote goes through (majority vote yes) - it takes effect immediately
    For leaders that have been absent for a very long time, perhaps an 'auto-yes' could be considered on their behalf..? I mean like 3 months+ as they are most likely no longer playing the game and it's possible to have an original 3 leader situation where 2 no longer play but the remaining leader cannot remove them due to not having a majority.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I got lucky. Both the other founders of my guild quit before the system was in place. Then one of them complained that I renamed the guild.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

greywynd said:

To me, the position of leader is akin to the position of King or Queen and there is traditionally only one of those at any given time. To me having more than one person as leader goes against the vibe of where we are supposed to be existing in Neverwinter which is in extremely olden days with lords, kings, slaves/minions, hierarchy, not a recent democratic 21st century world. I think the guild rank system was probably designed with this ethos in mind and if people try to make it do other things it will cause issues at rank 7. But that's just my view.

My issue is if a decision to be made and all the r7's have to vote on it, what comes first? Them logging in to vote or their demotion?
    Well, the person flagged for demotion obviously shouldn't get a vote, but the way I could see it working would be:
    • The flagged person is immediately placed in the 'suspension' mode that currently exists
    • All other rank 7's get a pop-up message as soon as they log in notifying them of the vote
    • The vote has a timer (whatever would be considered reasonable - 7 days?) If it times out, it fails.
    For leaders that have been absent for a very long time, perhaps an 'auto-yes' could be considered on their behalf..? I mean like 3 months+ as they are most likely no longer playing the game and it's possible to have an original 3 leader situation where 2 no longer play but the remaining leader cannot remove them due to not having a majority.
    THANK YOU for answering the question. Greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2021

armadeonx said:

greywynd said:

THANK YOU for answering the question. Greatly appreciated.
    My post was a suggestion for how it could work if they chose to update it with a voting system, this is not currently how it works.

The current system will put a leader on a 2 week period of notice before they are actually demoted. During that time it can be cancelled by any other rank 7 but not the one being demoted.

During this time their rank 7 privileges are partially suspended, including the ability to kick people from the guild. I'm unsure if it blocks their ability to destroy structures but these are also on a timer - so keep an eye on them unless someone can confirm this is also suspended.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox