test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need/Greed/Pass for Trophies is BOGUS!

Ok, I just had to find out from a third party dungeon player that if you NEED and someone else NEEDS and you both roll for the trophy in VOS (i heard IC did the same) and the other player wins and it doesn’t drop in your items than that counts for your ONLY chance to obtain the trophy for that week!
Is this right!?!

What the heck is that all about? That is so, Very Wrong, if true. What is the point to use this perk, if it screws you in the long run. I did not know about it for two weeks in a row (actually years) and used it (pressed Need) the first week for the Ashen Star Dust and didn’t receive drop (wrote a ticket because I didn’t understand and no answer) and then this second week it happened with the Golden Apple! (Still no reply from ticket).

It may always have been this way, but it’s WRONG! It costs a lot of buffs and scrolls (hundreds) to help people succeed it with their toons and to find a great group to win the dungeon. This penalization process to pass out trophies is wrong. Especially, since you don’t post anything about it. This has taught me to NEVER use your idiotic tool to receive drops. And yes, it is moronic! You take four hours to beat a dungeon for the first time and everyone hits NEED and four out of the five players can’t obtain the rights to pick up the future trophies in that likeness for the week because they wanted an opportunity to roll and get the trophy? Dumb! This seriously needs to be looked at and changed!

And I’m really shocked that if this is the way it is, than why have players just taken it. Its a completely “janky=f’d up” feature. Thank you, and please get back to me about fix in my ticket. I’d love to find out the truth on the matter. Besides a few hiccups like this, i love the game! Even though, it is becoming more of a cash grab game. Thanks for your time!
-Erebus

Comments

• drinky85drinky85 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The third party is 100% incorrect. If you need on the item and do not win the roll it does not stop you from rolling on a drop from the same boss in another run.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I cannot say if the 3rd party is correct. I will say on my first run I got Ashen whatever from the first boss. On the second run, same week - day or two later, items dropped from the first boss and I was not able to roll on ANY of them. The screen never even popped up for me. It was an alliance run (different players from first run) and we were in party together, so I know others got to roll. I have a suspicion something is amiss with these drops.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    > @froger#9967 said:
    > I cannot say if the 3rd party is correct. I will say on my first run I got Ashen whatever from the first boss. On the second run, same week - day or two later, items dropped from the first boss and I was not able to roll on ANY of them. The screen never even popped up for me. It was an alliance run (different players from first run) and we were in party together, so I know others got to roll. I have a suspicion something is amiss with these drops.

Thats by design, its the same as IC, you can only obtain one drop per boss per week. If you already received a drop you cannot roll again on another run.
    edited April 2021
    drinky85 said:

> @froger#9967 said:

> I cannot say if the 3rd party is correct. I will say on my first run I got Ashen whatever from the first boss. On the second run, same week - day or two later, items dropped from the first boss and I was not able to roll on ANY of them. The screen never even popped up for me. It was an alliance run (different players from first run) and we were in party together, so I know others got to roll. I have a suspicion something is amiss with these drops.

Thats by design, its the same as IC, you can only obtain one drop per boss per week. If you already received a drop you cannot roll again on another run.

Are you sure it's one drop, as in one total item regardless of the number of different items that can drop? Or one of each item from each boss, up to the total number of different items that can drop? IIRC the tip in IC says one of each item. Also in VOS, I didn't even get that message saying I could not obtain it.

> @froger#9967 said:
    > Are you sure it's one drop, as in one total item regardless of the number of different items that can drop? Or one of each item from each boss, up to the total number of different items that can drop? IIRC the tip in IC says one of each item. Also in VOS, I didn't even get that message saying I could not obtain it.

One item per boss per week. The same as in IC, you can't loot one of each item on those bosses either
  • handsomerhysb3#9565 handsomerhysb3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well. I’m glad this got some clarity from players. Thanks. What about cryptic’s opinion? lol
    @nitocris83 Is there any chance we can get a definitive answer on how these drops work?

Since I had a chance to run again I grabbed some screenshots. The message is "you may only obtain one item of this type per week from this source." I suppose the question is what does "this type" mean? Does it mean one drop or one drop of a specific item? My interpretation is one of a specific item.

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    All I know is on my first run, I got the bottle lookin thing, and then I couldn't get the dash of hope. I wouldn't consider those the same type, but apparently they are...
    It says you can only get one of this type per week. If you interpret the type as being the currency used to buy the gear it is 100% accurate.

This isn't new, it's literally the same rules as IC.
    I swear in IC I could get multiple drops from the same boss in the same week, just not the same item. Though my memory could be bad.

The question is if you can only get 1 currency item per boss per week, regardless of which currency item it is. Or if you can get 1 of each currency item per boss per week.

> @froger#9967 said:
    > I swear in IC I could get multiple drops from the same boss in the same week, just not the same item. Though my memory could be bad.
    >
    > The question is if you can only get 1 currency item per boss per week, regardless of which currency item it is. Or if you can get 1 of each currency item per boss per week.

That question has been answered a number of times above.

It is one currency drop (irrespective of which drop) per boss, per week.

If you need and receive the Ashen Star dust from the first boss, you cannot need or greed on the dash of hope. It will automatically pass on that drop in the same run and on both drops on any further runs in that same week. With reset taking place on Monday.