test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug PC - Costing AD to change appearance.

Submitted a ticket already and she asked me to post on the forum, so here I am.

On one of my alts, a Wizard (if it matters), it always costs AD to change appearance, even in the fashion tab, where it shouldn't cost anything except for gold if I change to a special color. It is stuck on 2000 AD to change anything. If I do decide to use a transmute, it then adds another 1000 AD on top of it for every change I make.

I have 3 toons, a Barbarian, a Rogue and a Wizard and the Wizard is the only one with this problem.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks. This has already been escalated for investigation so I'll circle back with folks to see if there's an update.
  • Options
    agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    > @faeluvr1211#7591 said:
    > Submitted a ticket already and she asked me to post on the forum, so here I am.
    >
    > On one of my alts, a Wizard (if it matters), it always costs AD to change appearance, even in the fashion tab, where it shouldn't cost anything except for gold if I change to a special color. It is stuck on 2000 AD to change anything. If I do decide to use a transmute, it then adds another 1000 AD on top of it for every change I make.
    >
    > I have 3 toons, a Barbarian, a Rogue and a Wizard and the Wizard is the only one with this problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your time.

Same issue here. And I confirm this happens on console too, PS4. So it’s a bug for all platforms i believe
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It's a bug introduced with the combat changes. One or more items on a loadout which should have an appearance slot set, do not. There is a persistent cost shown of 1000 AD and 30 gold.

To clear this you need to go to an unbugged loadout, no cost shown, and apply it to all loadouts. You can apply it to just the bugged slots or use the bottom button for the whole appearance.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    faeluvr1211#7591 faeluvr1211 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank you pitshade for that. Was able to clear it up by changing my loadout as suggested. :)
  • Options
    agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    pitshade said:

It's a bug introduced with the combat changes. One or more items on a loadout which should have an appearance slot set, do not. There is a persistent cost shown of 1000 AD and 30 gold.

To clear this you need to go to an unbugged loadout, no cost shown, and apply it to all loadouts. You can apply it to just the bugged slots or use the bottom button for the whole appearance.

Thank you, Pit. However even if this "fixes" the issue, it is still a pain. I had different appearance for each of my loadouts, so I easily recognise which I'm playing on, and now I have to do it over again (wasting AD and gold, one more time)...

This is still an issue, by the way, months later. Same with the old bug of not being able to change loadouts, and having to "APPLY TO ALL LOADOUTS" companion/mounts to make it work.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Can we resubmit this as a loadout bug so the devs can fix it sometime after 24 months or so? Seems to be their track record on fixing anything that doesn't affect their bottom line.