Install Arc
Options

Active companions that are doing too much damage

2»

Comments

• Options
    percemer said:

pitshade said:

I found yesterday the Githyanki won't do her Spinning Strike if she isn't on the top level appearance setting. Summoned her to use on a character and noted the Spinning power seemed effective. Didn't like the final appearance of the companion and changed it to a lower one. Didn't see the power get used again but the fights were short so thought it was that. In the boss fight, my AP got drained so I went to the training dummies at the Stronghold to refill them. The entire time I attacked, the pet never used the power. The thought occurred to me to switch back to the high level skin and after restarting combat, she immediately used the power.

Thanks ~ escalating for investigation

After using spining strike once, Githyanki needs to use it again after 20 seconds of cooldown. But even though I have waited for 5 minutes, it still does not use it. It only uses it once in an average Dread Legion. (4-5 minutes in a dungeon).
  • Options
    synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Cold Iron Warrior still does way too much damage. Also Rebel Mercenary, Lightfoot Thief and Jagged Dancing Blade are also overpowered!
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    It might help to add under which circumstances those companions deal "way too much damage", i only tested a rare Lightfoot Thief today, and it looks like it does similar damage as any other rare companion.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    It should require a test with a described condition, a value attained, confirmation, and some support from more than one community member. It is too easy for someone to come on and say XYZ deals way too much damage, when in fact XYZ is average or above average. The trend I see now, is calls to nerf companions that do decent single target damage, but which are average or below average in other situations.

When comparing % damage a companion achieves, it should be compared to your character, compared to the top DPS in a successful run... where the party did not struggle to get to the end. The IL level of the area matters, total damage, and DPS.

If I put on a Healer companion for one fight and during that fight it gets out a massive damage spike.. it could show up as 50,000 DPS. That might mean there is a glitch, but it doesn't mean its output needs to be nerfed. Total damage also matters along with recorded DPS of companions.