What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official - Combat Changes - PvP

2»

Comments

• Options
    tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    I do like where defense is going. Though, if the cap of defense is reduced, which is a good thing, the damage single target and AoE mount powers need to be reduced as well. Preferably to maybe 1000 magnitude (single target) and 500 magnitude (AoE) if we are looking at live server with magnitude measurement. At the moment, single target and AoE damage mount powers are already one-shotting people constantly on live server.
    164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
    |Aizu Wallenstein|
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

You were sent a private message today that has more info on mod 20 PVP.

The gist of it is that the new mod so far appears to be very base damage focused and some classes probably don't have an adequate amount of base damage in the new mod. Critical severity and combat advantage damage will not have as much of an impact on player dps as they do on live and some classes have much better magnitudes than others.

I have been unable to do enough testing on mod 20 PVP myself. I was busy and when I had more time, it turned out the preview patch is too big for me to download and I'm trying to get that fixed. I am out of stuff I know is safe to uninstall for freeing storage space on my computer.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I wrote this in a seperate thread in pvp forum, but also wanna bring it here hoping devs can respond to the issue:

One big problem i see in mod 20 pvp is that your deflect severity and crit severity may be very close or even lower than enemy's accuracy and crit avoidance, which means deflect and crit will be completely useless for us. The problem lies in that now all stats have a cap of 90% even before considering enemy's counter stats, while in current mod there isnt any cap in pvp before considering counter stats. This is also kind of true for CA, although it will hurt CA mechanism to a less extent compared with deflect/crit mechanisms.

It seems the new stats system will really hurt pvp if there wont be any changes in the future. Everyone will stack power/defense/hp (and CA if TR/SW), There wont be any diversity of stats at all.

Ways to fix: remove deflect severity and crit severity cap in pvp.
    Even after they fix it deflect and crit will be barely useful in pvp since there wont be a lot of resources to stack it to the extent of effective.
    Maybe seperate the stats system in pvp from pve and make deflect severity/crit severity 2x more effective in pvp?

and tbh even in PVE the crit channel is way less effective compared with power/CA, the low cap of crit severity make people do not wanna invest in the crit stats

@noworries#8859
    Post edited by xvimn134 on
  • Options
    pvp so dead, not even a single match after pvp season over for almost 1 week, not even private match, they should really do something to attrack more people to pvp in NW
  • Options
    i tested, item level from companion stuff works inside pvp (item level from companion summoned, bolster, companion buff, companion gears, runestones)

The item level affect your damage/hp/stats cap significantly.

I thought it has already been fixed but clearly they haven't

• Options
    tmms1984tmms1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    xvimn134 said:

Ways to fix: remove deflect severity and crit severity cap in pvp.
    Even after they fix it deflect and crit will be barely useful in pvp since there wont be a lot of resources to stack it to the extent of effective.

This would work great for you since you only play with rogues. It would break the game. It wont fix for everyone, only for you.
  • Options
    tzepesh#2685 tzepesh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This has to be the only game I have ever played where bug exploitation is rewarded instead of being pubished. You have placed rank 12 armour and weapon enchantment pack behind a pvp wall where people take advantage of every broken thing devs left in the game. Some companions still deliver stats and attributes inside domination, lots of old rings from Chult hunts, mysterious merchants in stronghold and simple blue ring drops give far more and better stats than new 1200il rings, obsolete weapons like shadewalkers, drowned set sbd mirage giving far and above their attributes.
    Please fix or adress this matter once and for all, either remove pvp all together or make it enjoyable for all, stop rewarding cheats!