test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stats Allocated to Wrong Category

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
I've found that some stat sources that are (apparently) supposed to go to the 40% 'other' category are going to the main 50% category:

Mount Active Bonus goes to the 50%
Companion Active Bonus goes to the 40%
but Companion gear and Runestones go to the 50%

I've not tested the Companion Enhancement powers as they only activate in combat and I didn't have time.

Thanks

@cryptic39#8917 @noworries#8859
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• Options
    nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    really wish mount bonuses go to the 40% but that would be too convenient for players and some are account wide too! god forbid people will be happy and would easily compensate for those who dont have enough ad for mythic companions
    Post edited by nukaze#1578 on
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @wilbur626 yes that's what is live.

Going from @noworries#8859 original comment:

"Total percent of rating stats is 90%. Up to 50% can come from ratings, the rest comes from direct percentage sources such as boons, ability scores, racial bonuses, companion powers, player powers."

Surely Mount Powers fall into the same category as Companion Powers, especially as Mount Powers are as much a 'direct percentage source' as the companion version. Unfortunately there was an incomplete breakdown of allocations in the post but there appears to be no logical reason why they would/should be treated differently - hence reported as a bug for the devs to look at.

As for companion gear, it seems illogical that some stats from a companion go to Ratings and others go to Other. Of course, this was not included in the original info either - and I've just searched through all of noworries posts to make sure it wasn't added later.

• Options
    armadeonx said:

@wilbur626 yes that's what is live.

Going from @noworries#8859 original comment:

"Total percent of rating stats is 90%. Up to 50% can come from ratings, the rest comes from direct percentage sources such as boons, ability scores, racial bonuses, companion powers, player powers."

Surely Mount Powers fall into the same category as Companion Powers, especially as Mount Powers are as much a 'direct percentage source' as the companion version. Unfortunately there was an incomplete breakdown of allocations in the post but there appears to be no logical reason why they would/should be treated differently - hence reported as a bug for the devs to look at.

As for companion gear, it seems illogical that some stats from a companion go to Ratings and others go to Other. Of course, this was not included in the original info either - and I've just searched through all of noworries posts to make sure it wasn't added later.

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    yeah, they both give stats - one expressed as a number, the other as a percentage. I got it.

If you are trying to say it's deliberate, please tell me where you've heard directly from the developers that this is the case. If not, lets see if one of them can reply and say whether it's WAI or not because I didn't post this just to debate with someone who has no more factual info than me.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    armadeonx said:

@wilbur626 are you capable of expressing a point in your own words or are you restricted to pictures?

As I said - both companion and mount powers are direct percentage sources

You said "Surely Mount Powers fall into the same category as Companion Powers, especially as Mount Powers are as much a 'direct percentage source' as the companion version".
    Im trying to illustrate the stat system for you, so that you can understand the difference between a RATING and a PERCENTAGE* source.

When you say "mount powers" i guess you mean mount equip bonuses.

As you can see in the last image I posted, there is nothing in the mount equip bonus tooltip (or the noworries quote you posted) telling you that these RATINGS are direct PERCENTAGE* sources.
    Mount equip bonuses provide RATINGS (capped at 50%, max based on your itemlevel), and are not direct PERCENTAGE* sources.

Summoned companions provide RATINGS (capped at 50%, max based on your itemlevel)
    Companion gear and runestones also provide RATINGS (capped at 50%, max based on your itemlevel), and are not direct PERCENTAGE* sources.

Active companion bonuses are direct PERCENTAGE* sources. These show as X.X% in the tooltip. % = percent.
    Summoned companion powers (the Tutors "Class in session" +5% combat advantage for example) are direct PERCENTAGE* sources.

To easily spot the difference between a RATING (capped at 50%, max based on your itemlevel) and a PERCENTAGE* source, look for the "%" symbol. These show as X.X% in the tooltip. % = percent.

*Adds to the possible 50% from RATINGS, up to max 90%. Often mistakenly reffered to as "the 40%". There is no cap to direct percentage sources.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    armadeonx said:

yeah, they both give stats - one expressed as a number, the other as a percentage. I got it.

If you are trying to say it's deliberate, please tell me where you've heard directly from the developers that this is the case. If not, lets see if one of them can reply and say whether it's WAI or not because I didn't post this just to debate with someone who has no more factual info than me.

"Total percent of rating stats is 90%. Up to 50% can come from ratings (expressed as a number), the rest comes from direct percentage sources (expressed as a percentage) such as boons, ability scores, racial bonuses, companion powers, player powers."
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

armadeonx said:

"Total percent of rating stats is 90%. Up to 50% can come from ratings (expressed as a number), the rest comes from direct percentage sources (expressed as a percentage) such as boons, ability scores, racial bonuses, companion powers, player powers."
    I have a helm from UM that has a bonus saying that "adds 5% Power when you kill an enemy for 10 secs" or whatever :D the 5% are added to the ratings!!

PS as I can see we found the one person, that find this new system easier than the previous one :D:D
  • Options
    As I said - I got that.

But not all companions were percentages. E.g. the baby deep crow at purple had 6000 power and many other had numbers instead of percentages.

Maybe you're not getting the actual point I'm making: It seems very odd to me that they'd arbitrarily pick one set of active bonuses to go to 50% and the other to go to 40% when they are essentially the same thing: external stats from a paid 'add on' that needs upgrading to Mythic.

So yes, I understand that you are trying to tell me 'it must be intended as companions are percentages and mounts aren't' but that is an assumption on your part. It may very well be the correct assumption, but as it's such an arbitrary division and no developer has made any comment on where and why mounts are placed in a certain category, perhaps we can just let them tell us if it is intended!?

• Options
    armadeonx said:

As I said - I got that.

But not all companions were percentages. E.g. the baby deep crow at purple had 6000 power and many other had numbers instead of percentages.

Maybe you're not getting the actual point I'm making: It seems very odd to me that they'd arbitrarily pick one set of active bonuses to go to 50% and the other to go to 40% when they are essentially the same thing: external stats from a paid 'add on' that needs upgrading to Mythic.

So yes, I understand that you are trying to tell me 'it must be intended as companions are percentages and mounts aren't' but that is an assumption on your part. It may very well be the correct assumption, but as it's such an arbitrary division and no developer has made any comment on where and why mounts are placed in a certain category, perhaps we can just let them tell us if it is intended!?

Noworries explained this in detail during one of the dev streams, you can watch them all on Cryptics YouTube channel
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    imo this is way too complex. they should just have all stats go into one pool for stats. this is all supposed to simplify things but it makes it more complex than it's been in the history of this game, and not in a fun way. and nothing is clear about what pool what goes into from tool tip and it's not explained in game anywhere that I've seen. this is fubar.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

imo this is way too complex. they should just have all stats go into one pool for stats. this is all supposed to simplify things but it makes it more complex than it's been in the history of this game, and not in a fun way. and nothing is clear about what pool what goes into from tool tip and it's not explained in game anywhere that I've seen. this is fubar.

I totally agree Cat.

I would've much preferred they'd not divided stats at all, the only logical explanation I can think of is that it's to further increase the importance of mounts and companions.

But if they had to do that, a simpler way would've been to say "everything on your character goes to the 50% and everything else goes to the 40%."

And if the devs can make a statement in a youtube video about how something works, I really don't understand why they cant put a full set of notes in text form on the forum. I mean, if you're going to put in a convoluted system (as per the diagrams from wilbur) and call it simplified then at least put a full set of reference notes on the forum where people can get the full information.

Not that the majority of players check ANY sources external to the actual game, I feel sorry for the more casual players that just look at the game and are utterly bemused by what's been done. It shouldn't be left up to guild leadership to try and teach players about the ins & outs of 'this years hot mess'.

• Options
    highlanderx#4012 highlanderx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

They weren’t but now they are, and all percentage get added to percentage and not rating.

In regards to the companion gear and runestones on gear going to ratings is because they give the companion he stats not our character, like back when we had bonding runestones if you had no bondings equipped and your active companion wasn’t an augment type, companion gear/runestones only effected companion giving your character no stats. There has been no change there, just now bondings are gone and all companions give 100% of their stats to your ratings.

In regards to mounts, not sure why they decided that, Also have No Idea why they decided to not have equal gain to ilevel and combined ratings when upgrading so your not lowering most of your percentages, when that specifically goes against one of the reason given for having this update in the first place.
  • Options

armadeonx said:

They weren’t but now they are, and all percentage get added to percentage and not rating.

In regards to the companion gear and runestones on gear going to ratings is because they give the companion he stats not our character, like back when we had bonding runestones if you had no bondings equipped and your active companion wasn’t an augment type, companion gear/runestones only effected companion giving your character no stats. There has been no change there, just now bondings are gone and all companions give 100% of their stats to your ratings.

In regards to mounts, not sure why they decided that, Also have No Idea why they decided to not have equal gain to ilevel and combined ratings when upgrading so your not lowering most of your percentages, when that specifically goes against one of the reason given for having this update in the first place.
    I get what you're saying about companion gear.

Has anyone seen the devs give a reason why they decided to split the stats into two areas with individual caps?

I don't really hold out any hope that they'll answer as they've been in hiding for weeks (probably also busy putting out all the fires they started too).

• Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    "armadeonx"

I get what you're saying about companion gear.

Has anyone seen the devs give a reason why they decided to split the stats into two areas with individual caps?

I don't really hold out any hope that they'll answer as they've been in hiding for weeks (probably also busy putting out all the fires they started too).
    I heard the reason - they said it :D iirc: So it will be easier to know your caps in every zone. Because before new players had to ask in chat what are the caps for a particular zone and this was very confusing for them apparently... so now they know and everything is clear with one look at it :D:D
  • Options
    Thanks Data. It's an interesting reason - and by interesting I mean peculiar...

They divided mount and companion active bonuses into two different sections so it would be easier for new players to understand their stats when scaled...

Doesn't sound like hogwash at all, does it?

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I totally agree Cat.

I would've much preferred they'd not divided stats at all, the only logical explanation I can think of is that it's to further increase the importance of mounts and companions.

But if they had to do that, a simpler way would've been to say "everything on your character goes to the 50% and everything else goes to the 40%."

And if the devs can make a statement in a youtube video about how something works, I really don't understand why they cant put a full set of notes in text form on the forum. I mean, if you're going to put in a convoluted system (as per the diagrams from wilbur) and call it simplified then at least put a full set of reference notes on the forum where people can get the full information.

Not that the majority of players check ANY sources external to the actual game, I feel sorry for the more casual players that just look at the game and are utterly bemused by what's been done. It shouldn't be left up to guild leadership to try and teach players about the ins & outs of 'this years hot mess'.
    I don't consider myself a casual player as a general rule although recently I might fit that. I have been away at fallout 76 for the last few months. just came back and tried to build a bit. even though I know a lot of people with pulse on the game and what not, I actually didn't cotton on to the fact that stats were separated until I read this thread. I was very confused why I was topping off at ca at 63 or something like that but was like, easy as pie. why are you guys having a hard time capping. I'm good.

it's absolutely not intuitive atm. I'd be really interested to see just what percentage of players do understand how stats are working right now.

if newbs wanted to know what stats were for various zones the easier way would have been to keep it like it was and just have a separate bar like they do now showing what you needed to meet stats where ever you were at that time. plus or minus. this is just baffling.

yo dawg we heard you like confusing so we put some confusing on your confusion to befuddle a little bit.
  • Options
    I agree, it's absolutely not intuitive. While it’s easy to see what you need. Reaching them is several times worse than before.

What I don’t understand, the majority of the problem would disappear if this just had everything that gives item level and equal or greater amount of combined ratings so you are not losing your scaled percentages when upgrading to a higher item level. And the devs won’t even comment that it’s a issue. Everything about it is just ignored
  • Options
    jaakal#3133 jaakal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i play a Rogue on xbox.My stats special crit sev crit strike and acurracy always the same,wether i am in combat or stand still.Goristos helmet and the ribcage armor do not stack.whats the issue?
  • Options
    > @jaakal#3133 said:
    > i play a Rogue on xbox.My stats special crit sev crit strike and acurracy always the same,wether i am in combat or stand still.Goristos helmet and the ribcage armor do not stack.whats the issue?

Do you have enough dps? They only provide the buff when you hit for over 10% of your total hp. Also it only lasts a couple of seconds are you pulling up the stat screen up fast enough to see it? There no way on console to attack and have stat screen up on consoles as far as I know. Please tell if their is.