test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why the date change for tradebar store sales ?

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
edited February 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
The tradebar store sales was previously set for Mar 9th and now it's this week, why the change ???
I have saved my keys for the new mod lockbox ( granted the new mount is rather disappointing in my opinion ) and would have amassed a fair amount of tradebars when opening the lockboxes .
With the original date for the tradebar sales a month later after mod 20 goes live I would have been able to upgrade quite a lot of mounts and companions .

Now though I have to decide wether to spend my keys on the current lockbox ( and god forbid I get a mythic or legendary mount ) and take advantage of the tradebar sales or wait on the next mod lockbox and then wait again for the next tradebar sale ( how long will that be ? 3 , 4 or even 6 months ) .
Again really unimpressed with Cryptic's scheduling changes .........

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Is a tradebar discount still on the calendar for March 9th? I'm at work and can't check :(
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Not any more .
    So now I will need to wait and see if mod 20 does launch next tuesday . If it does I can still take advantage of opening the new lockboxes with keys then . Should be able to get enough boxes over the 2 days before the tradebar sale would end .
    Though I get the feeling that mod 20 will be delayed even longer .

Just checked preview and it still lists Mar 9th to 18th for tradebar sales .
    Screenshot taken .
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'll have to log back in and look again. I jumped in for a quick min to look and events in March show March 4th as a start date and I didn't see the TB discount UNLESS this current one runs for a month long.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This was written then deleted because I wasn't able to verify the calendar myself. I logged back in to look and the calendar is all changed.

@nitocris83 Can you shed some light on this please? Many of us planned to use the discount in March. What's the point of a calendar we can't follow? I spent tradebars just days ago with the plan of restocking before the March event.

Why can't information be shared with the community? Surprise events are nice, but not at the cost of effing up our efforts and planning. I'm having trouble with this post simply because it's a thanks, no thanks situation :(

And yes, I seen the post as to why they were turned on early. My question still stands though, why HAMSTER up the rest of the calendar for those who use it to plan our progress? Maybe that's my answer, it's a player benefit gotta take it away and mess with it.
  • Options
    Can you please link to the post you mention where they say why they were turned on early . I haven't been able to find anything about it .
    Cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11484133-extra-event-activation!

Extra event activation is bull HAMSTER with TB discount gone from March. Call it early activation, not extra event and give players information.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This is actually quite funny. Cryptic is just trying to cover their butts without admitting they made a mistake. This was an Accidental Activation. It was not planned. Atm their dev team is just so turned around that they activated these events accidentally. They just don't want to say/admit it, for whatever legal/ego issues are going on with them.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    They have called this an "extra event activation" but it appears it is an early event activation instead.

I was hoping that they would have the two events, and still go ahead with the TB discount in March, for those who have planned for it, because we *DO* plan out for these events.

I'm happy with this early event, it has worked well for me, but we really should still have the events as planned in the calender also, these early events should be bonus, EXTRA events, as advertised, otherwise those who have planned for events to be as scheduled, and are unable to take advantage of these surprise events moving the dates are being punished.

@nitocris83 this is an issue if this event is a schedule change, and not an extra event, are you able to give some feedback?
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock