test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Equipment Runestone slots

reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
@nitocris83 Some of the Companion Equipment we get from The Redeemed Citadel campaign have Runestone slots that should be fixed. For example the pieces that gives +1650 Combat Advantage, +1650 Awareness, +1650 Deflection. They all have 1 Offense slot and 1 Defense slot. Normally Companion Equipment that gives only offensive stats has 2x Offense slots and the pieces that only gives defensive stats has 2x Defense slots.

Comments

• vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Funny you say they'd need fixing.
    Yes, the items are not following an unwritten rule that's been in place with Undermountain equipment.

I suppose you're playing a DPS class?
    For sure for a DPS 2 offense slots would be nicer on the Combat Advantage piece, but for a tank, the way it's set up at the moment helps with more stats flexibility. The same thing with the Deflect and Awareness piece. The way the Awareness piece is set up at the moment is also really good for healers (I'm using it on my healer).

When you request such a change, you should also think of the consequences; players already use these items so changing them now would cause those players to rework their stats (again?).

I believe a less impactful solution would be to ask instead for new items which have the slots configuration you mentioned.

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    They are in there for a reason . There are plenty of 2 defence , 2 offence slotted comp equipment. Working as intended
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I do Master Zariel on 5 of my 7 toons, so NO not just a DPS. I want 2x Defense slots on my Awareness Companion item for example
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited February 2021

@nitocris83 Some of the Companion Equipment we get from The Redeemed Citadel campaign have Runestone slots that should be fixed. For example the pieces that gives +1650 Combat Advantage, +1650 Awareness, +1650 Deflection. They all have 1 Offense slot and 1 Defense slot. Normally Companion Equipment that gives only offensive stats has 2x Offense slots and the pieces that only gives defensive stats has 2x Defense slots.

There is no such rule. At least, that was not advertised. I have old companion equipment that have offensive stat only and 1 offense and 1 defense slot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

I do Master Zariel on 5 of my 7 toons, so NO not just a DPS. I want 2x Defense slots on my Awareness Companion item for example

you have no choice but to use the ones not from redeemed citadel, with lower stats for the awareness stat with 2 defense slots.
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Not a bug.