test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M20: The Vault of Stars Dungeon

13»

Comments

• liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    @lassor

These patches seem to be focused on issues within the dungeon. But what about game content? Stuff that we're going to be playing well before we run the dungeon.

I jumped on preview last night (my time, this morning US time), and one of the weekly quests for new sharandar, "Point of Contention" - Some of the groups of mobs in this area... it's like they forgot they were supposed to be on their staging point (maybe they were on a coffee break?), and they suddenly run up at 200% speed, and next thing you know, rather than approaching a group, you're in combat.

It's not a group that has suddenly spawned behind you, or a wandering group, it feels like poor staging, many groups are like "oh HAMSTER guys! we were supposed to be there! quick! lets go!"

You guys need to actually run this to see what I mean. And even when you try to fall back to lose agro so you can actually try to control the fight, the group don't run back to the expected spawn point. They follow you for an exceptionally long distance, and then they STOP at the point where they lose interest, and STAY there until you come back.

I found that rather than mounting up, and running from group to group, I was walking 6 ft, stop, wait, walk 6ft, stop wait, walk 6ft trigger a group that were on a coffee break so they knocked their table over as they sprinted up and ran past me to their spot and then turned around to start fighting. Killed them, walked 6ft, stop wait, walk 6ft.... you get the idea.... it's not fun.

Can you plan their coffee breaks a bit better so that I'm not interrupting them please?
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

@lassor

These patches seem to be focused on issues within the dungeon. But what about game content? Stuff that we're going to be playing well before we run the dungeon.

I jumped on preview last night (my time, this morning US time), and one of the weekly quests for new sharandar, "Point of Contention" - Some of the groups of mobs in this area... it's like they forgot they were supposed to be on their staging point (maybe they were on a coffee break?), and they suddenly run up at 200% speed, and next thing you know, rather than approaching a group, you're in combat.

It's not a group that has suddenly spawned behind you, or a wandering group, it feels like poor staging, many groups are like "oh HAMSTER guys! we were supposed to be there! quick! lets go!"

You guys need to actually run this to see what I mean. And even when you try to fall back to lose agro so you can actually try to control the fight, the group don't run back to the expected spawn point. They follow you for an exceptionally long distance, and then they STOP at the point where they lose interest, and STAY there until you come back.

I found that rather than mounting up, and running from group to group, I was walking 6 ft, stop, wait, walk 6ft, stop wait, walk 6ft trigger a group that were on a coffee break so they knocked their table over as they sprinted up and ran past me to their spot and then turned around to start fighting. Killed them, walked 6ft, stop wait, walk 6ft.... you get the idea.... it's not fun.

Can you plan their coffee breaks a bit better so that I'm not interrupting them please?

Be sure to post this in the appropriate forum thread, this thread is just for the Dungeon itself.
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    feedback VoS
    Too much time is given to complete the maze. There is no such tension and dynamics as in the very first attempts.
    The bosses have too little health (for example, the initially very interesting second boss became too simple and fast). The gardener has become much easier. Boring...

feedback SW
    The magnitudes of Soulweaver's skills are too small; in the passage of the dungeon, the warlock is too inferior to the cleric in healing. Even healed over time does not correct the situation in any way.
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    lassor said:

Seems to me like you listen a LOT (too much) to super high end game players and tune this dungeon based on their feedback.
    A lot of the players on preview are not the normal average non BiS players. Many on preview are people that know the game in and out, have the BiS gear or can easily get it cause they have a ton of Zen/AD. If you only tune this dungeon to them, you will end up frustrating the heck out of your majority of players.

I listen to anyone that takes the time to test the dungeon and give their feedback. There is no barrier to entry for giving feedback so if you believe there are players better suited to represent the general player base then I suggest you encourage them to test it out to offer up their thoughts. I understand that many of the players that do participate are highly skilled and geared and I keep that in mind when making an evaluation.
    "I understand that many of the players that do participate are highly skilled and geared and I keep that in mind when making an evaluation."

I don't feel like that's true.

Every new dungeon after LOMM has been tuned for the 1%'ers. Heck today I saw someone get laughed out of zone chat for LFG'ing for Zariels instead of having some kind of "pre-made guild style group".