test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scaling and Particularly Health Points

xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
I dont often waste my time on the forums but this is a big one and is hopefully seen by the right eyes. Hp scaling is just wrong and not even CLOSE to where it should be. When you enter Lair of the mad mage for example you get cut by 42%. This goes for damage too but at least the mobs hp is lower so it does not seem as bad. The issue is everything hits harder and we have less hp and there ABOLSUTELY NO WAY you will be able to fine tune every boss and mob intime of players patience. It would be far easier to reduce the extent of scaling on hp. This is coming from an endgame prospective with decent defensive stats. Now just imagine what newer players are going through. This needs immediate attention, and is part of the problem with 1* mobs as well @chriswhite10807 @noworries#8859 @nitocris83

I recommend any hp scaling you have in place gets a reduction of 20% from the - pool, So lair of the mad mage would hit you 22% for example, 42 is far too much for content that is not even close to outdated yet.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It's not that the content is that outdated, it's that endgame characters are that much more ahead of the content. 250k-300k (dps) is appropriate for the content. Players still need to adapt to actually moving and positioning so they don't take as much damage. We as players shouldn't be ignoring these things at level appropriate levels. Sure if you want to faceroll and ignore mechanics, go to open world zones where you are not scaled.

Now rewards are another issue, and one that does need to be looked into as soon as possible.
  • tluigi#0896 tluigi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

It's not that the content is that outdated, it's that endgame characters are that much more ahead of the content. 250k-300k (dps) is appropriate for the content. Players still need to adapt to actually moving and positioning so they don't take as much damage. We as players shouldn't be ignoring these things at level appropriate levels. Sure if you want to faceroll and ignore mechanics, go to open world zones where you are not scaled.

Now rewards are another issue, and one that does need to be looked into as soon as possible.

I disagree! There are problems. There are areas that are ok, but others are not. If it were just positioning problems, the problem would be constant. I have no problems in Well of Dragons, for example. In other areas, yes. However, there are some strange things, I think it might even be a bug. When I was doing a Randon Dungeon, there were three mobs tier 1. I raised my shield, and wvwn then, I almost died. (I am a Paladin Tank level 80 with 20k in defence). There was no Boss around, my blue bar was full. Ironically, despite the battle with Boss, it was difficult, because one of the guys got disconnected, we didn't have this problem. So, I think there are things to be corrected and not just the positioning of the players.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

I disagree! There are problems. There are areas that are ok, but others are not. If it were just positioning problems, the problem would be constant. I have no problems in Well of Dragons, for example. In other areas, yes. However, there are some strange things, I think it might even be a bug. When I was doing a Randon Dungeon, there were three mobs tier 1. I raised my shield, and wvwn then, I almost died. (I am a Paladin Tank level 80 with 20k in defence). There was no Boss around, my blue bar was full. Ironically, despite the battle with Boss, it was difficult, because one of the guys got disconnected, we didn't have this problem. So, I think there are things to be corrected and not just the positioning of the players.
    I'm not denying that there are some stuff that needs to be toned down (there are a lot of critters so ofc some will get missed), but in general things aren't as hard as people are making them out to be.
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I would agree that there is some spots, in the fire area after the first portal, the one dot enemies are still hitting way to hard, the rocks in the second boss had too much HP, but I ran it today Jan 27th and they were much improved, the target for the damage share is still doing too much damage I feel, or, I say OR there are too many Ads spawning. ATM the combination makes it impossible to group beyond 2-3, and the result is at least one of those people go down each pulse, anything above 5 charges and it is mostly going to be a wipe on that boss. Everything else seems fine.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    been noticing that in the game where i haven't been able to play after the patch we had yesterday cause when i went into ME my warlock could not even solo in there for the mobs being over scaled for for how some of the monsters are like that and hope they will fix this right cause if they dont that i wont be playing for a while for how i had enough of the healing potions