test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I can't play any content! [Combat changes]

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
This is one awful update! I guess I damage ok or decent, however it seems less than before a bit. Defense is awful and I mean it! I can't play any content! The design is absolutely terrible and confusing to look at! What else can I make for statements? It's just awful!

Also at this point you have to be so elite to even survive! Adjust the content zones! Even with a few rank 15 enchantments, it's not helping! Dodging and dodging, then :# what in the world (POOR DEFENSE)!

Comments

• some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    it's fine...you just have to be full endgame ready for LoMM now
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited January 2021

I'm 33,545 item level ROGUE playing on River District and I die easy on encounters! I used to slice easy and handle enemies well at once! This patch is terrible-period! Every single player doesn't like the design and not a single positive thing came from it before it released onto the community; reading the forums. The only thing positive is the companions, which isn't helping us as expected kinda. Positive thing is just mythical upgrade for companions. POOR DESIGN and then more stressful fixing for developers->This is what happens when developers change the game! Fix the game, then stop messing with the game for once! Stop frightening the customers away! I'm sick of adjusting! I want to enjoy a game and is that so hard to ask for?! The profit for developers comes mostly from fashion and mounts; all these wonderful things! Bunch of players like those wing mounts; I see them everywhere. I like my shadow drake, because I think it's cool. I feel like I have to spend top dollar to succeed now with this patch! Honestly, I want to earn as achievement for things, but still be able to do content. Is that so hard to ask for?! I'm sorry for this condemn, but it's how everyone feels at this very moment with this patch; $$$ grab! CREATE ART...THAT'S THE PASSION FOR MMORPGS! Perfect World International has been making art for many years and that's why it's so successful still! Once this game gets adjusted on zones, including stronghold and dungeons, everyone will be happy again. Please fix the game! Also I have spent money on this game, but only for things that are art.

Take this advice well. I've been playing MMORPGs since 2009. I've seen mmorpgs fail and succeed. I can only adjust to this game only if the defense wasn't so bad around enemies. Raise the damage slightly more to hit our enemies, because honestly it feels slightly weaker; perhaps it's just how the enemies are adjusted.
    Post edited by mwk on
    edited January 2021
    I see the idea the design, but clearly the game needs to be adjusted quick to these changes! I can deal with the design, but I don't like it-confusing to look at! It's making everyone feel hopeless to accomplish anything. It's really that bad! I feel like I'm limited on stats percentage based on item level, especially my power stat, because that's how it's designed; it's just awful and no fun!

I can't surpass a certain amount based on my item level and that's exactly how it feels! I had 90K defense and now it feels garbage low of +50% range, which is too low for gap (no idea as compared to 90K defense-I should be around 70% defense or slightly lower?)! I ask myself, what is determining my item level more? Mounts with collars and companions raise my item level more?! I keep asking myself questions based on how it feels at this point with item level limiting my stats potential. I'm sorry, but I can't do much content now! This is why this game needs major adjustment ASAP!

120K power
    90K defense

Yeah I see how close it should be! 70% defense or so! Honestly I have no idea! Yet the adjustment on defense is terrible!
    Post edited by mwk on
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

My tank was TOMM ready, and with these changes I died 4 times in Castle Never!
  • ultramath#3953 ultramath Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Guys, read my post in the PC/General Discussion area. Don't despair, the game is still very playable, just not exactly the way it was yesterday. You have to change the way you do things and what things you considered important are now not, and the things that you thought didn't matter or were useless are now key to your survival. The game plays like it did back at MOD 2. Yes, the game used to be like this a long time ago. You couldn't just pull all the mobs you wanted or ignore CC skills and just use whatever has the highest magnitude. What was BiS yesterday may now be garbage, and vice versa. Make sure you know what the Forte stat does. That is very new, and matters. Read the patch notes.
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    They really messed the game up this time, i checked forums, fb and so on.
    I cant barerly find any positive feedback at all for this, i think this is the actually nuke down for the game :/

I still will try for some days to get stuff together, but i doubt it.
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User

> @ultramath#3953 said:

> Guys, read my post in the PC/General Discussion area. Don't despair, the game is still very playable, just not exactly the way it was yesterday. You have to change the way you do things and what things you considered important are now not, and the things that you thought didn't matter or were useless are now key to your survival. The game plays like it did back at MOD 2. Yes, the game used to be like this a long time ago. You couldn't just pull all the mobs you wanted or ignore CC skills and just use whatever has the highest magnitude. What was BiS yesterday may now be garbage, and vice versa. Make sure you know what the Forte stat does. That is very new, and matters. Read the patch notes.

Explain how I can do better when im dying in a level 30 zone as a lvl 35 ranger with lvl 35 gear on. Why would people continue playing this game if they can't accomplish anything?

Ignore him, he has already stated that we are all hard headed and do not know what we are talking about. Don't fret tho, there is an overwhelming amount of disappoinment with the combat rework, so hopefully they will make some more changes.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Guys, read my post in the PC/General Discussion area. Don't despair, the game is still very playable, just not exactly the way it was yesterday. You have to change the way you do things and what things you considered important are now not, and the things that you thought didn't matter or were useless are now key to your survival. The game plays like it did back at MOD 2. Yes, the game used to be like this a long time ago. You couldn't just pull all the mobs you wanted or ignore CC skills and just use whatever has the highest magnitude. What was BiS yesterday may now be garbage, and vice versa. Make sure you know what the Forte stat does. That is very new, and matters. Read the patch notes.

i was playing on preview from when this first struck was a mess over there and broken but the devs got it to a sort of usable game
    what they dropped on live is waay more broken then anything they pushed on preview if i hadnt seen the debacle that was flagship studios Hellgate London i honestly wouldnt believe anyone would be able to puty out such a broken update
    must ask if any of the dev team worked for flagship?
  • zouthrai#7544 zouthrai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, i'm not into complaining for nothing and a very experienced player in 30 years of video games, mostly online and Rpg.

But im quite new to NW....what I can say about this update is that we are quite used to nerf as players and most of the time even if we are grinding we can accomodate...But this one ?????!!!!!!

OH MY GOD : i have been taken half of my life in a combat with 2 deers in Barovia !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 200K PV and i'm level 80 Tank with Avernus stuff mostly...

Wtf is going on ? Did you test the game before releasing such a mess Live ???

People will gonna leave massively your game and you're not gonna make money anymore do you realize this ?

So thanks for the fantastic gifts after you patch this game, but what is it for, if a deer can kill me now ?

So crazy, i hope I have missed something really important mentioned everywhere and I will have to apologize to this post :))))
  • dagmurdagmur Member Posts: 30 Arc User

Hi, i'm not into complaining for nothing and a very experienced player in 30 years of video games, mostly online and Rpg.

But im quite new to NW....what I can say about this update is that we are quite used to nerf as players and most of the time even if we are grinding we can accomodate...But this one ?????!!!!!!

OH MY GOD : i have been taken half of my life in a combat with 2 deers in Barovia !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 200K PV and i'm level 80 Tank with Avernus stuff mostly...

Wtf is going on ? Did you test the game before releasing such a mess Live ???

People will gonna leave massively your game and you're not gonna make money anymore do you realize this ?

So thanks for the fantastic gifts after you patch this game, but what is it for, if a deer can kill me now ?

So crazy, i hope I have missed something really important mentioned everywhere and I will have to apologize to this post :))))

You didn't miss anything but the intention of Cryptic Studios to rip the players once again. I guess they think, we would buy their overpriced Runestones and Mount Gear / Tokens. But hey, maybe there is "special offer" coming, a huge discount of 15% ... Irony off.

• quietwizard#1454 quietwizard Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I LOVE this game and have been playing for years while spending some hard earned $$ as well.
    I am a skilled player and know what I am doing but now all my characters are useless.
    Totally depressing.... :angry:
    I am hoping that maybe they got a decimal or 2 in the wrong place in the coding which is why my lvl 80 warden (40,000+ gear level) is getting pummeled by red caps....
    Don't get me wrong, I like change..... but I feel something went terribly wrong with this patch.
    I am voting for a hotfix at best to address this PLEASE! Or maybe a guide on how to rebuild my characters so they can at least be a shadow of their former selves.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

Edit*** The hotfix has made things much better! Thank you!!!
    Post edited by quietwizard#1454 on
  • monk#2943 monk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It's all done for one reason only. They want you to buy Zen that's why they changed companions who now can only be upgraded / levelled by using Zen or tokens which you can buy, same with mounts. What you can't buy with Zen you can buy with diamonds that you can trade Zen for.. it's all about Zen. They gave you free companion and mount tokens only to remind you that they can be bought with Zen.
  • sykfvk#4944 sykfvk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just started playing a week or so ago. I played Neverwinter Nights awhile back so the idea of playing neverwinter online was without question. I talked 2 other people I work with to start playing as well so we could quest together...Now since the terrible update neither of them want to play anymore and I don't disagree with them...I'm thinking about nolonger playing because just a week ago I was running around having a good time with my friends and now I can barily stay alive....Update sucks..I'm going back to Drakensang.
  • netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    > @"llew#3521" said:
    > The scaling on this is ridiculous. They took a game that was a fun way for me to relax, unwind and occasionally drop a few dollars on to something that I am just waiting for VIP to run out and I can bail and never look back.
    >
    > I don't need a research project -- I get to do enough of that in real life. I'm not looking to develop mad game skills because I have enough ways in my life to feel good about myself that I don't need that reinforcement from a game. I just want to play, chat with people and blow off steam in an RPG.
    >
    > This patch has taken every last bit of that away. Dying in skirmishes that used to be cake walks? And I don't mean like scrapping and getting unlucky. I mean dying in 3 seconds, kicking into, "oh...this is serious now" mode and then dying inside 60 seconds later because we couldn't burn down mobs fast enough to keep up with the spawns.
    >
    > End gamers may not suffer as much with this, but end gamers either already have everything they need, or are willing to grind to get their BIS gear. There are way more casual players, and I bet a lot more money is made off of them. But if they can't play a casual game, Cryptic will make $0 off of them, and the game will die.
    >
    > They need to do something and really fast of they'll watch this thing wither. I can't even imagine a new player trying to level a brand new toon now.

100% Devs listen to what this guy is saying
  • whitewolfchildwhitewolfchild Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've been Level 80 for a long time now - 45K in the new system and was killed in Dragonville by a black guard - not just once but three times. I did almost Zero damage to him. Dragon is a Level 26 Campaign. I should be able walk through it with ease including the Dragon runs. I have Avernus gear/weapons. 15 level Enchantments, and 500 Level Companions (20). This update feak'n sucks. I've spent hours trying to figure out where the percentages come from. It looks the Companions hold the % and everything else is part of the base 50%. I'm so frustrated it's making me sick. What a mess this update is. I do not like to be in parties. I enjoy solo and this update makes it almost impossible to do so. I'm on the edge of never playing this game again with my elder character. It's a waste of time and I don't see any way for him to be molded into the % based system they set up for combat. I'm being forced to not play solo and make a new one from scratch to fit into the rules.

Just a note - tried to do Mad Mage Lair with group and was killed so many times by the worm that I finally opted to end the trial. The group could not do enough damage to the worm to win, and there were at least three bears hitting it with magic missiles. Things are seriously out of wack. In the old system, I was finally comfortable getting through the Mad Mage Lair with at group and actually making to the end. This new version - I don't even think getting through the Clock Tower will be easy. Haven't tried it yet to see how many times I will died. Probably explains why I've been getting a lot of life scrolls lately - they knew this was going to be a KILLER update.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The Well of Dragons is not for level 26.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tempeste27#3408 tempeste27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Scaling seems to be severely broken. Joined RTQ and got Svard... used to be a little challenging but highly doable, but now it's a real struggle (as with all the other RTQ dungeons). I opened my character sheet to see my IL had been raised, not lowered for scaling and all my %s had been lowered because of it, so higher level mobs and lowered %s.
    This was a HUGE gamble on such an enormous change and You are about to lose a huge amount of players. It's more viable to maintain the lowest Item Level possible for end game to still not have it possible to reach all maximum stats.
    A lot of us are feeling lost on how to rebuild our characters to feel strong again. A major change like this should have come with better tools to help us rebuild and understand each contributing factor... what entails "other"? Compared to other MMORPGs, the character building learning curve was huge when I started playing this game a year ago.. gear, enchants, companions, companion gear and runestones, mounts, mount bonuses and insignia's. It's pretty intense for a game really, thankfully its a well established game and we have a plethora of player made websites to peruse, to help us understand it all better. Now that's all thrown out the window, we have nowhere to turn to understand the changes and what to focus on to to rebuild.
    edited January 2021
    Verdict: Fix the game and stop messing with the game!

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    She's not a button mashers paradise anymore. I seen someone mention msva above, did you know there is a phase in msva where there are runes on the floor and everyone MUST stand on a rune or take a huge hit to your HP and possibly death? Same mechanic as in Zariel, but in Zariel it is relevant and WILL kill you. Most don't know it because things got destroyed and the mechanics were never important or never happened. It was a button mashers paradise. Things that were always in the game just became relevant again. I agree they need to be tuned down a lil, but only a lil. It now rewards that need to be turned up because things take longer. Other than the stat rework it's the same game we've always played, many just didn't see the game as they ran through it killing their mobs with 1 encounter.

Tweak your adventure zones then start a rework on rewards to match new time of doing things!!
    edited January 2021
    Defense is terrible everywhere-campaign zones, dungeons, and stronghold too for the most part!

Played Demogorgon Epic 1/23/2021 and I was like :s ouch :# oh help me :/ really? :o noo!-I can't do anything! :'( I died so many times! 90K defense and what it is now...feels super low for me on my rogue and one class has 80+% defense at low item level! Seriously?!

Post edited by mwk on
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

She's not a button mashers paradise anymore. I seen someone mention msva above, did you know there is a phase in msva where there are runes on the floor and everyone MUST stand on a rune or take a huge hit to your HP and possibly death? Same mechanic as in Zariel, but in Zariel it is relevant and WILL kill you. Most don't know it because things got destroyed and the mechanics were never important or never happened. It was a button mashers paradise. Things that were always in the game just became relevant again. I agree they need to be tuned down a lil, but only a lil. It now rewards that need to be turned up because things take longer. Other than the stat rework it's the same game we've always played, many just didn't see the game as they ran through it killing their mobs with 1 encounter.

Tweak your adventure zones then start a rework on rewards to match new time of doing things!!

Overwelming negative player reaction to this, everywhere I have looked. It hasn't even hit console yet and players are leaving. Very sad.

There does seem to be a very small minority that likes these changes to whom I would say 'don't forget to turn off the lights'.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

further to your thread in other topic i to decided to roll a rogue also determined it would be f2p (as i will not put another cent into this game)
    just ran the intro and to be honest had an easier time of it then my level 80 with 50900 il did in castle never
    the patch on friday made it slightly better but still scaling is completely broken
    when a endgame team can complete tic reletivly easily but get destroyed and wipe in castle never you know full well something is wrong

• mxdragon#8600 mxdragon Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @cisticola said:
    > Casual player, level 61 and started in Rothe Valley yesterday. Today, I have no idea how I can continue playing. Is there no such thing as level appropriate gear anymore? PVE is meant to be about the story and fun, this is not fun.

Another casual player here, i was a level 58 Paldin specializing in tanking with not-so-bad gear, they were serving me very well before this stupid and honestly horrendous patch/update/change whatever you want to call it. after the update, i literally couldn't even do quests in level 30 districts, i went back to fricking blacklake which is level 5-9, and it's as if i am hitting the enemies with f**king confetti, this is probably the worst update i have ever seen in my entire gaming life, i used to play this game so much since 2015 but on console, this is horrible. i don't think i will be able to play anymore. Bye Bye neverwinter, you brought your own downfall.