test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cooldowns in Preview (future) Warlock

magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
hello

sorry i'm not where to post it, i'm doing it here.

sorry for my English

I noticed the warlock dating cooldowns are up on the preview. I fully built the constitution and the charisma, the AP is correct for test, but the recharging of the encounter powers is not going well.
but still remains a problem with the recharging of the powers of meetings, despite the immolation of the soul (TAB) to find almost the same cooldown as the live I have to activate it twice in my rotation and that is not good, so I empty my shards twice during my rotation (empty shards = less damage). it ruins the warlock.
has to tell Noworries to do something there.
don't forget up cooldowns twice in the same year.

I recommend not increasing the cooldown of encounter powers.
to leave as on live.

thank you.
Post edited by magik30 on

Comments

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I think you are talking about Warlock, not Wizard.

Wizards are actually struggling dps-wise and needs a boost.

Warlock are actually doing very nice dps - maybe too nice. Which perhaps is why Cryptic is hitting them with a small nerf?
    I doubt you need to tell Noworries warlock dps has been reduced.. it probably is very intentional.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    ha yes i was wrong i am correcting my post.

I don't understand, why up magnitude, for up cooldown, to give to take back! wasting time in programming to do this is a disaster.
    it was going in the good direction for class balance, I see that the rodeur still does as many dps. so where is the balance? and it leaves for a round. I hope this will be fixed on the live server.
    I am morally tired of this game.
  • Options
    madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    warlock power.
    we lost or are losing our 20% cooldown reduction as its slot is to be replaced with a forte boost..so yes stats may be slightly higher but that 20% recharge speed loss is plain nasty.

if you slot the only viable rings to cap stats, they both give %dmg to encounters...slowing those by 20% is a huge dmg reduction that is not offset by the small forte boost...

alternative rings add dmg to at wills... but our at wills do 45-75 magnitude...3% to that dmg is pizzle it really is.

rings adding %dmg to dailys might give bigger dmg but again those change for the worse with the -20% cooldown time.

hitting small and fast while DoT'ing is a feature of the warlock class....slowing us down is all well and good and par for the course but at least give us comparable at will magnitudes to other dps classes.

as a class in general the warlock has spent more time 'out in the cold' than other classes - where players generally commented that 'warlocks cant do dmg' but we tended to soldier on anyhow. mod 19 has been pretty kind to us...but mod 20 ...i can feel the icy breeze already, and that 20% recharge speed loss is low down on the Kelvin scale.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    solo no problem, but in dungeon it's a problem, breakdown my rotation 2 or 3 times with soul scorch to reload hellfire ring, or wait at the end of my rotation 3 to 4 seconds for hellfire ring to reload it is not playable .

live example, I run hellfire ring and soul scorch end of rotation and hellfire ring is reloaded.
    but for the moment on the server preview end of rotation + soul scorch my hellfire ring is not reloaded because of up cooldown.
    So to make it fast as on live I have to run in my rotation 3 times soul scorch, so I empty the stack of shards 3 times = loss of dmg, its not going in the warlock rotation process.
  • Options
    madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    magik30 said:

solo no problem, but in dungeon it's a problem, breakdown my rotation 2 or 3 times with soul scorch to reload hellfire ring, or wait at the end of my rotation 3 to 4 seconds for hellfire ring to reload it is not playable .

live example, I run hellfire ring and soul scorch end of rotation and hellfire ring is reloaded.
    but for the moment on the server preview end of rotation + soul scorch my hellfire ring is not reloaded because of up cooldown.
    So to make it fast as on live I have to run in my rotation 3 times soul scorch, so I empty the stack of shards 3 times = loss of dmg, its not going in the warlock rotation process.

same issue but with different rotations.
    im currently filling in the gap with a 'Doohickey' in my potions tray.
    imo they should increase the tick duration on our DoT's to cover the extended time.
    as it is i am also having a 4 second 'gap' where i am potentially doing zero dmg every rotation or being left with a 35 magnitude at will.

we DoT, it's what we do. slow our casting time by 20% throws out our rotations and directly affects our dmg.
    giving us a few points more to power and crit severity, when we have them capped already, makes zero difference as an offset for the class nerf.
    they can say its not a nerf, but it is what it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I am delighted not to be the only one, thank you for giving your comments on the warlock.
    maybe this will send an idea to the devs, to do something on the warlock.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    remove