test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview Patch Notes: NW.123.20210105a.0

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Greetings all,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and a Happy New Year! It is time for the first Preview patch of 2021. Contained within are the patch notes for NW.123.20210105a.0.

This build contains more bug fixes, and adjustments to some items and changes across the three tanks.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/neverwinterpreview-announcements-release-notes

Known Issues
  • Mount Collars do not give Combined Ratings to the character.
  • A few Enchantments have incorrect tooltips or does not function correctly.
    • Briartwine Enchantment does not deflect damage.
    • Dread Enchantment incorrectly states that it grants up to -400% Defense to target and does not increase character damage.
    • Shadowclad Enchantment increases do not display on the character sheet.
  • Paladin and Fighter Tanks have too much threat generation.
  • Certain Gems, Runestones, Insignias cannot be donated to stronghold coffer.
  • A few Companions and Companion Powers may still have issues such as:
  • Miscellaneous text and formatting errors.
  • Rogue’s Shadow Flurry does not attack when it spawns.
  • Some characters do not properly have damage when swapping loadouts.
    • If you ever deal 0 damage, or notice that your damage is consistently 0, a character respec or log-in/log out will fix your character
  • Several zones or critters in the zone may still be difficult for players to complete.

General Updates

Fixes and Adjustments
Companions
  • Augment Companions once again state what Ratings they receive a bonus to.
  • Armor Break Enhancement Power should now grant the character increased damage.

Items
  • A new power has been added to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage:
    • When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, you gain 2.5% Critical Strike and Critical Severity for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5).
    • The tooltip incorrectly refers to the bonus as 2.5% Power.
  • A new power has been added to the Whisper’s Hood of Quiet:
    • When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, your Accuracy is increased by 1.5% and Movement Speed is increased by 1% for 10 seconds. (Max stack 5).
    • The movement speed portion of this power is bugged, does not properly add to the character.
  • Masterwork III Equipment Set Bonus has been adjusted:
    • When you use an encounter power, you gain a stack of Alacrity, granting 1% Accuracy and 5% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
  • Vorpal Enchantment has been adjusted:
    • Your Critical Strike and Critical Severity is increased by up to 4%, and no longer grants an increase to Combat Advantage.
    • It should also now deal the correct amount of bonus damage.

Powers
  • Barbarian’s Primal Instinct Daily now adds 30% Awareness, and 90% Critical Avoidance to the character.
    • Fighter’s Dig In now grants 15% Awareness.
  • Sharpened Senses Feat now adds an additional 15% Awareness alongside 30% Defense when the character utilizes the Bladed Rampart power.
  • Paladin’s Divine Protector Daily now also grants 30% Awareness alongside its protective properties.
  • Paladin’s Burning Vengeance Feat now correctly states that it deals up to 800 Magnitude.
  • The Awareness boon now displays its bonus on the character sheet.
  • Leveling Paladins and Fighters now have increased threat, but this introduced a bug where Paragon tank Paladins and Fighters now have too much threat generation.
  • Slowed Reactions is now properly named Slowed Reactions in the Grid View.

Things to Come

Comments

• jonbroonjonbroon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    TLDR for people who don't wanna read
    Threat stuff for tanks
    Vorpal still cheeks.
    Bug fixes.
    SOME T3 gear is actually PPogo EZ CLAP
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Powers
    Barbarian’s Primal Instinct Daily now adds 30% Awareness, and 90% Critical Avoidance to the character.
    Fighter’s Dig In now grants 15% Awareness.
    Sharpened Senses Feat now adds an additional 15% Awareness alongside 30% Defense when the character utilizes the Bladed Rampart power.
    Paladin’s Divine Protector Daily now also grants 30% Awareness alongside its protective properties.

This is balanced how? The 30% def has to be a 30% damage reduction, not straight def otherwise its worthless on sharpened senses. You took away our awareness being capped by daily but not Primal instinct capping crit avoid? Barbarians also have awareness as their forte so they have higher awareness than the other two tanks while also not needing to invest in crit avoid.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    "Your Critical Strike and Critical Severity is increased by up to 4%, and no longer grants an increase to Combat Advantage."

I wonder how many GWF's like me that have the Vorpal, which now of critical severity, something that the class possesses in excess of this attribute in the powers of the class and the Forte, if they are as sad and disappointed as I now :(
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @terramak

"Paladin and Fighter Tanks have too much threat generation."

You can leave that one there, it's ok ;)

Edit: We know the change to Divine Protector was to give the Paladin the same Awareness protection as the Fighter (thank you) but please consider....

Fighters use Bladed Rampart (daily) & Sharpened Senses (feat): uptime 10 secs, no cooldown
    Paladins use Divine Protector (daily) & Shield o/t Gods (feat: uptime 6 secs, 3 minute cooldown

We know Divine Protector was heavily, erm, altered... due to the old Bubble (easy mode) use - since the change it stopped being used at all by most players, especially with the feat combo which would've been useful except for its 3 minute cooldown.

The stated reason for the new change is so it can be used in boss fights to combat the introduction of boss CA - but with a 3 minute cooldown, that is not realistic.

Could you guys please review this factor?
    Post edited by armadeonx on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    What will happen with our T3 equipment that has no use anymore for the class? I have a Whisper's Hood on paladin but Accuracy is nothing I want as tank or healer in endgame :/
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Holy weapon a paladin with a 27-28 second cooldown and 10 seconds of use. out of 10 seconds of activation, the paladin uses 5-8 seconds. because he needs to block damage when there is no divine energy ..at least up to cd 18-22 seconds. that's all I ask.

• tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    The Teneborous enchantment levels seem strange. Previously the % chance and % damage went up 1% per rank and the damage by 2k. So the highest was 8% chance, 8% of HP max 24k damage.

Now a Rank 11 gives 8% chance 24k damage and the only difference with the higher ranks is a tiny amount of item level and combined rating. Am I missing something? If not then it feels like anything above Rank 11 isn't worth the upgrade.
  • trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I'm glad to see there are no changes for wizard class. I feel relieved. Kappa ( twitch )
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    terramak said:

Greetings all,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and a Happy New Year! It is time for the first Preview patch of 2021. Contained within are the patch notes for NW.123.20210105a.0.

This build contains more bug fixes, and adjustments to some items and changes across the three tanks.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/neverwinterpreview-announcements-release-notes

Known Issues

• Mount Collars do not give Combined Ratings to the character.
    • A few Enchantments have incorrect tooltips or does not function correctly.
      • Briartwine Enchantment does not deflect damage.
      • Dread Enchantment incorrectly states that it grants up to -400% Defense to target and does not increase character damage.
      • Shadowclad Enchantment increases do not display on the character sheet.
    • Paladin and Fighter Tanks have too much threat generation.
    • Certain Gems, Runestones, Insignias cannot be donated to stronghold coffer.
    • A few Companions and Companion Powers may still have issues such as:
    • Miscellaneous text and formatting errors.
    • Rogue’s Shadow Flurry does not attack when it spawns.
    • Some characters do not properly have damage when swapping loadouts.
      • If you ever deal 0 damage, or notice that your damage is consistently 0, a character respec or log-in/log out will fix your character
    • Several zones or critters in the zone may still be difficult for players to complete.

General Updates

Fixes and Adjustments
    Companions
    • Augment Companions once again state what Ratings they receive a bonus to.
    • Armor Break Enhancement Power should now grant the character increased damage.

Items
    • A new power has been added to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage:
      • When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, you gain 2.5% Critical Strike and Critical Severity for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5).
      • The tooltip incorrectly refers to the bonus as 2.5% Power.
    • A new power has been added to the Whisper’s Hood of Quiet:
      • When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, your Accuracy is increased by 1.5% and Movement Speed is increased by 1% for 10 seconds. (Max stack 5).
      • The movement speed portion of this power is bugged, does not properly add to the character.
    • Masterwork III Equipment Set Bonus has been adjusted:
      • When you use an encounter power, you gain a stack of Alacrity, granting 1% Accuracy and 5% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
    • Vorpal Enchantment has been adjusted:
      • Your Critical Strike and Critical Severity is increased by up to 4%, and no longer grants an increase to Combat Advantage.
      • It should also now deal the correct amount of bonus damage.

Powers
    • Barbarian’s Primal Instinct Daily now adds 30% Awareness, and 90% Critical Avoidance to the character.
      • Fighter’s Dig In now grants 15% Awareness.
    • Sharpened Senses Feat now adds an additional 15% Awareness alongside 30% Defense when the character utilizes the Bladed Rampart power.
    • Paladin’s Divine Protector Daily now also grants 30% Awareness alongside its protective properties.
    • Paladin’s Burning Vengeance Feat now correctly states that it deals up to 800 Magnitude.
    • The Awareness boon now displays its bonus on the character sheet.
    • Leveling Paladins and Fighters now have increased threat, but this introduced a bug where Paragon tank Paladins and Fighters now have too much threat generation.
    • Slowed Reactions is now properly named Slowed Reactions in the Grid View.

Things to Come
    Steps in the right direction, but a few issues here. Many classes cannot proc the "When damaging or healing above 10% of your HP" equip bonus condition. Since IL is now tied to HP, it has increased it in a way that some classes cannot do more than 10% of their hp in damage outside of 10 second bursts. This HP requirement should be changed to 5%, for bone devils ribcage and whispers hood of quiet.

Also, crit sev was added to ribcage and vorpal. One issue people have is that it is much too easy to cap critical severity, so these stats may be wasted. Will Superior Flask of Potency and Wild Storm Elixir be reworked so that the critical severity they grant will be more in line with the other stats they grant? This same question goes for watermelon sorbet, foehammers elixir, and other potions that grant a lot of stats (some % stats), that currently seem to not fit within the current system.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User

"Your Critical Strike and Critical Severity is increased by up to 4%, and no longer grants an increase to Combat Advantage."

I wonder how many GWF's like me that have the Vorpal, which now of critical severity, something that the class possesses in excess of this attribute in the powers of the class and the Forte, if they are as sad and disappointed as I now :(

After they modified weapon offhand modification and reduced the amount of crit severity from other sources. Also if you re using a striker companion you won t have your critical severity capped unless you use one or two companions with crit severity bonus which means you will have less from other status. Theoretically 4% crit strike and 4% crit sev should add around 8% from your total level if you have a build based on these two statuses and capped both at 90%.

After they modified weapon offhand modification and reduced the amount of crit severity from other sources. Also if you re using a striker companion you won t have your critical severity capped unless you use one or two companions with crit severity bonus which means you will have less from other status. Theoretically 4% crit strike and 4% crit sev should add around 8% from your total level if you have a build based on these two statuses and capped both at 90%.

For most classes 8% still isn't better than bilethorn. Fighter and Arbiter perhaps, but that is it.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Bonedevil's Ribcage bonus "Ruthless Might" only gives +2% crit and +2% crit severity, not 2,5% as stated in patch notes.

Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    terramak said:

Companion XP items can now be traded at the Antiquities Trader under the Bonding Exchange category.

Ah, I was already wondering why some people kept buying those, according to the publicly available info, soon to be utterly useless items off the auction house.

But it's the, by now traditional, reward scheme for the favored incrowd. Good to know :)

• joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Companion XP items can be traded in for.....what exactly?

Very strange how some players have been buying these all up, even tho they were scheduled to be made useless once the companion changes go live. Things that make you go.....hmmmmm
  • dududududusadududududusa Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @wilbur626 you have helmet that gives also 1% crit 2+1=3%
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

@wilbur626 you have helmet that gives also 1% crit 2+1=3%

you are ofc correct, edited original post
    Elite Whaleboy
  • dududududusadududududusa Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Now when we got armor with Critical severity, forte that gives critical severity is useless :disappointed:

Now when we got armor with Critical severity, forte that gives critical severity is useless :disappointed:

I posted a rework suggestion for potions/flasks/elixirs in the items/item set bonus thread. Take a look and comment :3
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    hrakh said:

terramak said:

Companion XP items can now be traded at the Antiquities Trader under the Bonding Exchange category.

Ah, I was already wondering why some people kept buying those, according to the publicly available info, soon to be utterly useless items off the auction house.

But it's the, by now traditional, reward scheme for the favored incrowd. Good to know :)

Like you said though, it was public knowledge. There is no "in crowd" for these reworks. The only closed beta testers will be for the M20 dungeon.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

That's irrelevant, since I won't use a Striker Companion, it would make me have to have 2 more sets of insignia, runestones and others. It's much easier for me to simply swap the bonus of the companion, from CA vs Boss to Critical Strike vs. waves of mobs. In my last barbarian single target build I'm already missing out on the 10% critical severity of the skill due to potions, something I'll only make use of when I really need it, which is very difficult to happen for those who only play RTQ/REDQ :)
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

hrakh said:

terramak said:

Like you said though, it was public knowledge. There is no "in crowd" for these reworks. The only closed beta testers will be for the M20 dungeon.
    It was public knowledge? I must have missed the news or forum post in which this and the trade in pricing for these specific items was mentioned. Could you provide a link? I did in fact look for those, but it is totally possible I missed it, in which case I will totally supply a suitably apologetic piece of prose.

However, any place other than the forums or an official news post does not public knowledge make. And if this information was not shared publicly, but was shared with a limited group, well that is what makes the "in crowd" is it not?

And it would hardly be the first time a limited group of people was provided with information that allowed them to gain a substantial in-game economic advantage.. hence the "tradition" .

It was requested by many in the forums, Noworries responded to it a few times with a maybe. I always check out all the posts that devs make in that rotating dev response banner at the top of the forums. I forget which specific thread it was.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Why not just raise the Cap to 100% and forget about sub-capping stats and bonuses to 50+40? 100% is more natural, gives us a little cap space, and is simple to understand.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User

Why not just raise the Cap to 100% and forget about sub-capping stats and bonuses to 50+40? 100% is more natural, gives us a little cap space, and is simple to understand.

Because having 100% defensive statuses won t be a good thing if you know what I mean. And it is easy to mangage and understand something that have the same formula applyed overall. So 90% it is the sweet spot.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Because having 100% defensive statuses won t be a good thing if you know what I mean. And it is easy to mangage and understand something that have the same formula applyed overall. So 90% it is the sweet spot.
    If you, by any chance, missed that - the defensive stats work all in a completely different way. All of them, not just defence, which is off by even the formula itself. =)
    ATM 90% to power means 90% increased damage. 90% accuracy is a mysterious thing all by itself. =) 90% to awareness means no CA incoming damage to you. 90% to defence means incoming damage reduced by 45%? I guess?. 90% means literally many different things and have something in common with 90% number only sporadically.

Having scale 0-100% and stating that at 100% you damage is doubled/incoming damage is halved would be much more intuitive and easy to manage.
    rikitaki said:

If you, by any chance, missed that - the defensive stats work all in a completely different way. All of them, not just defence, which is off by even the formula itself. =)
    ATM 90% to power means 90% increased damage. 90% accuracy is a mysterious thing all by itself. =) 90% to awareness means no CA incoming damage to you. 90% to defence means incoming damage reduced by 45%? I guess?. 90% means literally many different things and have something in common with 90% number only sporadically.

Having scale 0-100% and stating that at 100% you damage is doubled/incoming damage is halved would be much more intuitive and easy to manage.
    Originally it wasn't that way though. 100% defense or deflect severity would have been 0 damage, hence why it was 90%, things just evolved from there.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    What prices for different comp exp books at venders?