I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and a Happy New Year! It is time for the first Preview patch of 2021. Contained within are the patch notes for NW.123.20210105a.0.
This build contains more bug fixes, and adjustments to some items and changes across the three tanks. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/neverwinterpreview-announcements-release-notes
- Mount Collars do not give Combined Ratings to the character.
- A few Enchantments have incorrect tooltips or does not function correctly.
- Briartwine Enchantment does not deflect damage.
- Dread Enchantment incorrectly states that it grants up to -400% Defense to target and does not increase character damage.
- Shadowclad Enchantment increases do not display on the character sheet.
- Paladin and Fighter Tanks have too much threat generation.
- Certain Gems, Runestones, Insignias cannot be donated to stronghold coffer.
- A few Companions and Companion Powers may still have issues such as:
- Miscellaneous text and formatting errors.
- Rogue’s Shadow Flurry does not attack when it spawns.
- Some characters do not properly have damage when swapping loadouts.
- If you ever deal 0 damage, or notice that your damage is consistently 0, a character respec or log-in/log out will fix your character
- Several zones or critters in the zone may still be difficult for players to complete.
Fixes and AdjustmentsCompanions
- Companion XP items can now be traded at the Antiquities Trader under the Bonding Exchange category.
- Critical Severity should no longer grant benefits while the player is over the cap.
- Critter damage adjustments.
- Miscellaneous text fixes.
- Augment Companions once again state what Ratings they receive a bonus to.
- Armor Break Enhancement Power should now grant the character increased damage.
- A new power has been added to the Bone Devil’s Ribcage:
- When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, you gain 2.5% Critical Strike and Critical Severity for 15 seconds. (Max stack 5).
- The tooltip incorrectly refers to the bonus as 2.5% Power.
- A new power has been added to the Whisper’s Hood of Quiet:
- When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your Maximum Hit Points in a single blow, your Accuracy is increased by 1.5% and Movement Speed is increased by 1% for 10 seconds. (Max stack 5).
- The movement speed portion of this power is bugged, does not properly add to the character.
- Masterwork III Equipment Set Bonus has been adjusted:
- When you use an encounter power, you gain a stack of Alacrity, granting 1% Accuracy and 5% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Vorpal Enchantment has been adjusted:
- Your Critical Strike and Critical Severity is increased by up to 4%, and no longer grants an increase to Combat Advantage.
- It should also now deal the correct amount of bonus damage.
Things to Come
- Barbarian’s Primal Instinct Daily now adds 30% Awareness, and 90% Critical Avoidance to the character.
- Fighter’s Dig In now grants 15% Awareness.
- Sharpened Senses Feat now adds an additional 15% Awareness alongside 30% Defense when the character utilizes the Bladed Rampart power.
- Paladin’s Divine Protector Daily now also grants 30% Awareness alongside its protective properties.
- Paladin’s Burning Vengeance Feat now correctly states that it deals up to 800 Magnitude.
- The Awareness boon now displays its bonus on the character sheet.
- Leveling Paladins and Fighters now have increased threat, but this introduced a bug where Paragon tank Paladins and Fighters now have too much threat generation.
- Slowed Reactions is now properly named Slowed Reactions in the Grid View.