test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Bugs/Issues with Player Powers

2»

Comments

• tomek93#4520 tomek93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Cleric - Arbiter

Forgemaster's Flame has its damage incrased to 1100 Magnitude ( Up from 650).
    It's almost 70% damage incrased, when other skills have an increase of about +/-30%.

Is this intended ?
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Barbarian Rage mechanic (For both Blademaster and Sentinel) has a problem. If im not mistaken, I can explain it like this: Battlerage/Unstoppable does not end when it reaches 0 Rage, it ends based on a timer, so Rage modifiers during Battlerage does not have proper interaction with it.

If we give examples when this problem occurs:

On Blademaster, there is a feat that gives 2 Rage when we critically hit, its called Brutal Critical. This feat works properly at increasing our Rage. Normally with 100% Rage, Battlerage lasts around 8 seconds. During Battlerage, this feat increases our Rage, its visible on Rage bar, but Battlerage ends after 8 seconds, before it reaches 0 Rage. Depleting all the remaining Rage at 8 seconds. Depending on how many times we critically hit during this, its usually around 25-35% remaining Rage loss. Since we are spending most of our time in Battlerage, because of this bug, this feat becomes almost completely useless. Before new updates, since we only had 50% crit chance, this feat was not really useful anyways, but now, since we can go up to 90% crit chance, this feat can be really good. And can be used for different builds.

Same thing applies for our Encounter called Roar. Roar gives us Rage depending on how many targets we hit with this encounter. Unlike the other encounters, Roar can increase our Rage while Battlerage is active. But even though it visually increases our Rage on the Rage bar, Battlerage ends early(again with timer ends), wasting the extra Rage we gained from this encounter.

This bug happens on Sentinel paragon too. But this time, instead of increasing Rage, it happens when we decrease Rage, with the encounter called Primal Fury(without Blood Fury feat). This encounter removes 40 Rage. If we use this encounter while we are in Unstoppable, it removes 40 Rage from Rage bar visually, but when Rage reaches 0, it does not end Unstoppable, it keeps remaining active while we have 0 Rage. A while ago I had opened a bug report about this specific problem, but unfortunately I did not get any response on it. This is the link for more details about it:

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258384/barbarian-sentinel-bug-with-primal-fury-during-unstoppable

Another mechanic related to this is Blood Fury feat on Sentinel path. When this feat is selected, it ends the Unstoppable when we use Primal Fury. So it is possible to trigger ending the Battlerage/Unstoppable besides the timer.

So the solution would be, ending the Battlerage/Unstoppable when the remaining Rage reaches 0, not with a scheduled timer.

This is an important bug about our main class mechanic, if its complicated or not clear to understand from my report, I can support it by making a video.

Hopefully this time this will get a reply, thank you for reading.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    hailll hydra, so yea aspect of the pack give 5 % combat advantage, funy party is with 5 ppl everyone get 5% CA,
    but if another 4 ppl in my party is HUTERS and if thei use same aspect of the pack, all 5 ppl get + 25 % CA,
    so or its bug. and or its will supose stack ?:3 ty for ansver :3
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Following Barbarian powers do NOT proc weapon enchantments. Neither 8% damage part nor extra effects.

Atwill:
    Bounding Slam

Encounter:
    Punishing Charge
    Hidden Daggers(Blademaster paragon)

Daily:
    Spinning Strike
    Savage Advance
    Crescendo

About dailies, need to mention that, these 3 dailies are only damaging dailies Sentinel paragon has. Since they cannot proc weapon enchantments, it makes it completely impossible to use Feytouched, Terror and Vorpal(new effect) enchantments. It simply does not do anything because their bonuses are related to using a damaging daily.

• abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    By warlock hellbringers, on the class mechanic tab with the intorduction of Forte, the Hellfire expertise got replaced so we lost 20% recharge speed. Either should be re-inserted, or all the cooldowns should be decreased by 20%.
    Hide The Pain Harold!
    > @tomek93#4520 said:
    > Cleric - Arbiter
    >
    > Forgemaster's Flame has its damage incrased to 1100 Magnitude ( Up from 650).
    > It's almost 70% damage incrased, when other skills have an increase of about +/-30%.
    >
    > Is this intended ?

Srr dc dps stop crying, you like me (hunter) are OP in life server, becose everyone know problem but nobody wana fix in live server, so hunter no increase 1 of the main dmg deeler magnitude becose of live server bugs, so you stop crying or I start cry with you :)3
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Biting Snares feat on Hunter paragon is still proccing an extra tic of thorned roots. I suspect since the feat works as granting AP whenever thorned roots or strong roots are applied, its applying an extra "tic" of roots for AP, but its also applying the damage associated with those roots. Its not exceedingly overpowered so could keep this and just add it to the Biting Snares tooltip that it also applies an extra tic of TGR damage. Its about equivalent to the opposing predator feat currently.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    While I agree with Vasile, some of the issues is also that healers are stuck at 50% caps last I knew (gave up my healer after mount changes, didn't bother checking but others have confirmed as has no worries) so may want to see where healers are once those caps are fixed (would more than outweigh the 20% increase being asked for).

Healers I'm sure would love a better way of tab targeting...allowing f1-f10 for example to choose your target would help fix that issue, also being able to have all allies in a trial status somewhere, would help everyone...between tanks knowing who has aggro, healers having an easier way to see everyone is topped off and dps knowing who not to stand next to in case tanks fail to hold aggro.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Bladed rampart decrease damage 30% does not add after the 90% defence cap.
    Iron warrior decrease damage 20% adds after the 90% defence cap .

IS that making any sense?
  • supmadbrosupmadbro Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The assassin's feat "Shadow's Flurry" isnt attacking dummies anymore it just stands still and even on regular enemies in avernus and halaster the shadow clone often just stands still even in melee range. On live the shadow flurry clone only stands still if the enemy is out of range, but on preview it stands still majority of the time even if the enemy is in melee range. Idk the targetting on the shadow flurry clone just seems messed up on preview.
  • maximax#7117 maximax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Paladin

Divine protector secondary effect +30%awarness only work with shield of the god feat
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @tomek93#4520 said:
    > Cleric - Arbiter
    >
    > Forgemaster's Flame has its damage incrased to 1100 Magnitude ( Up from 650).
    > It's almost 70% damage incrased, when other skills have an increase of about +/-30%.
    >
    > Is this intended ?

To be fair in terms of balance, since powers in other dps classes got an increase of 30%, that should be applied also to those powers.

Forgemaster Flame: 845 (from 650)
    Dounting Light: 365 (from 280)

Also the same thing should be applied to the feat that increase the magnitude of the Dounting Light when you use a forge first.

I can’t check now others, but they should just follow those increments percentages IMO.
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > > @tomek93#4520 said:
    > > Cleric - Arbiter
    > >
    > > Forgemaster's Flame has its damage incrased to 1100 Magnitude ( Up from 650).
    > > It's almost 70% damage incrased, when other skills have an increase of about +/-30%.
    > >
    > > Is this intended ?
    >
    > To be fair in terms of balance, since powers in other dps classes got an increase of 30%, that should be applied also to those powers.
    >
    > Forgemaster Flame: 845 (from 650)
    > Dounting Light: 365 (from 280)
    >
    > Also the same thing should be applied to the feat that increase the magnitude of the Dounting Light when you use a forge first.
    >
    > I can’t check now others, but they should just follow those increments percentages IMO.

Like I Say CRYPIC don't fix DC dps encounter magnitude becose dc dps is OP in life server, same as hunter, yea thei increase all hunter encounter but main dmg deeler cruising root still have same mag like on live server, and cryptic say becose hunter now op in live server so it's like small nerf
    edited January 2021
    > @elderislt#1066 said:
    > > @synyster3006 said:
    > > > @tomek93#4520 said:
    > > > Cleric - Arbiter
    > > >
    > > > Forgemaster's Flame has its damage incrased to 1100 Magnitude ( Up from 650).
    > > > It's almost 70% damage incrased, when other skills have an increase of about +/-30%.
    > > >
    > > > Is this intended ?
    > >
    > > To be fair in terms of balance, since powers in other dps classes got an increase of 30%, that should be applied also to those powers.
    > >
    > > Forgemaster Flame: 845 (from 650)
    > > Dounting Light: 365 (from 280)
    > >
    > > Also the same thing should be applied to the feat that increase the magnitude of the Dounting Light when you use a forge first.
    > >
    > > I can’t check now others, but they should just follow those increments percentages IMO.
    >
    > Like I Say CRYPIC don't fix DC dps encounter magnitude becose dc dps is OP in life server, same as hunter, yea thei increase all hunter encounter but main dmg deeler cruising root still have same mag like on live server, and cryptic say becose hunter now op in live server so it's like small nerf

Of course, I can understand that.
    But it is not possible to compare what is OP in live now, with what will be with these combat changes.
    Just to give you an example, just the fact that Crit Severity has a cap, is already a huge nerf on classes that does “few big hits” now in live.

I did several tests, in comparison with other classes I can assure you that we are not that much OP as in live... quite the opposite...

And also, if you read closely what I wrote. I have not porosed a “buff”, just a balance (since Forge now in preview has 1100 magnitude, instead of what should be, and dounting didn’t changed at all compared to live)
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Bringing this up since rogue's lurker's assault power got buffed in the patch notes.
    Lurker's assault daily on rogue still blocks AP gain. This was an outdated safeguard from when the recovery stat existed and still needs to be removed.

While I'm at it, will mention this:
    The whisperknife feat hidden attacks is the cause of a common bug PVP WK often gets. Most of the time, when a PVP WK kills an enemy with a daily power (sometimes encounters or mount powers do this too), their stealth bar gets stuck and all of the WK's stealthed effects stop working. It looks like you have unlimited stealth when this happens but in reality, you are fully visible to everyone, CA stops applying, and your encounter power stealth effects don't work either. In order to make the bug go away, the WK has to break their stealth with a stealth breaking power and then refill their stealth gage.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited January 2021
    @noworries#8859 I think Thauma Wizard's fireball should be changed to this:

550 Magnitude normally when slotted,
    1250 Magnitude when on tab and single target
    Reduce cool down to 15 seconds.
    Reduce cast time to 0.75 seconds.

It seems like a very powerful buff, but the paragon is legitimately ~40% behind all of the other dps paragons in single target, and the 550 would help them in AoE. They are currently by far the worst AoE dps class in the game, and bottom 2 in single target.
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Wizard - Thaumaturge

Smolder/Rimefire hasn't been scaled. Its ticks still have a magnitude of 20. Smolder already has ridiculous dps (about 4% of total), on preview it's 1-2%.

The nonsense revision of Chilling Advantage and Directed Flames feats are still there.

Making Fireball single target on mastery is a bad idea. And the cast time is too long.

Fanning the flame is far too weak. It has a great design but it's useless ingame, since bosses rarely spawn adds. It should be the single target encounter with the highest dps (and not Fireball), considering it doesn't proc Shatter Strike on cc imune targets.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

Can you please replace Accuracy with Critical Severity in Overpenetration (feat) on Barbarian Blademaster Paragon. It is almost impossible to reach Accuracy at 90% on Barbarian and If it would be possible I would rather choose other status to get higher.
    This will make the feat relevant again for most barbarians.

Also Brutal Critical (feat) doesn t really compete with Overpenetration since we have 100 rage and this feat only gives 2 per critical hit. It would be great if you can make this around 10 rage points for critical hit.

I also have a suggestion regarding Mighty Vitality (class feature) on blademaster. I think it would be much relevant to have this bonus reversed. EX: Increase your power by 5% and decrease your hp by 5%. I find the actual form relevant for tanks but less relevant for DPS and I don t think anyone will use it over Steel Blitz, Raging Strikes, Barbed Strikes.

Another thing I would like to address is the Unstoppable Spin (feat). Compared with Steel Slam it deals less damage. Even if it increases the duration of battlerage, doesn t really do much since daily power persists only 3 seconds and your effective battlerage will have only 3 seconds left to be used. Steel Slam adds a earthquake effect that deals 250 magnitude damage for 12 seconds and if the animation will happen once at two seconds the overall damage will be around 1500 magnitude+ initial 700 magnitude = 2200 magnitude compared with 750 from Spining Strike. My proposal here is to remove the 6s battlerage duration increase and add a 3s increase to Spining Strike.

And the last thing I would like to mention it is the AxeStorm encounter power. I have experienced a bit with this encounter, however I could`t give up on my Not So Fast and Mighty Leap. Those two will always beat the AxeStorm in terms of performance and viability because of the shortest cooldowns (Not So Fast) and better damage (Mighty Leap with Mightyer feat). It is a really cool encounter and I would like to choose it more often at the expense of the other two encounters. I think a solution would be to replace one of the feats with rage generation with a magnitude increase for this particular encounter and maybe a slower effect. I think this would make feats more versatile and will have a better impact in endgame for barbarians. As a veteran player I experienced alot of changes and those things always feelt like non-options to choose, at least from my perspective.
    I would really hope you will read this and think about. An answer would be much appreciated.

I also would like to thank you and your team for all the effort. You did a tremendous job with the new combat system and even if I had a negative behaivor about the changes, the more I experienced with them, the better felt.

Thank you!
    Platinum.

• coolgor28#5062 coolgor28 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    For overpenetration feat if we take tooltips how are they worded you need to cap the rating like the hard cap on 50% on your char sheet there is ratings and total but haven't tested full, we need more clarification for that.
    Guild

The imaginary Friends

Main Kingslayer.jr(barb)
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Fighter Vanguard encounter power "Enforced Threat" reduces critter awareness by 10%, @noworries#8859 stated that critters have 0 awareness ?

Also the feat "Staying Power" does nothing ( @joebot#9387 ? )
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited January 2021
    @noworries#8859 % power contribution is not giving an increase to healing like power rating increase is. If rating is 43k (and you have 43% through rating), that does contribute to healing, but slotting deep crow 7.5% power does not increase healing amount.
    edited January 2021

Cleric Arbiter

Encounter powers should be increased to a 30% more, like you did for all other classes.
    this nerf is way too much, since they almost remained the same as they were before combat-changes.

Forgemaster Flame: 845 (from 650)
    Dounting Light: 365 (from 280) - and also the relative feat
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User

@noworries#8859

Can you please replace Accuracy with Critical Severity in Overpenetration (feat) on Barbarian Blademaster Paragon. It is almost impossible to reach Accuracy at 90% on Barbarian and If it would be possible I would rather choose other status to get higher.
    This will make the feat relevant again for most barbarians.

Overpenetration works as is write. Capping power and accuracy RATING (thats means u need to power and accuracy rating over ur IL or same) and it works. i tested it
    My Barb

NOT OVERPENETRATION

OVERPENETRATION

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • tomek93#4520 tomek93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    TR - Encounter: Lashing Blade
    Stealthed effect adds +50% additional crit severity.
    Does this effect count to 90% crit sev cap?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    @the1truehunter As has already been demonstrated, Overpenatration works as the description says. This makes you lose +/- 5% Power which would make your idea about Mighty Vitality interesting if that same HP wasn't totally lost in escalation. In the build I posted in the Classes section here on the forum I do not use any power boon, and currently live only 3, even without needing these, since the citadel weapons give 3% power per 10 sec and the Forge Box also 3%. The problem with the class now is that there is only 2 Class Future viable since Barbed Strikes has been nerfed to 10% of what it was, and it's a status the class has to spare due to the Fort.