test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Credits, Terms of Use outdated, Copyright

roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
I've found it confusing for a long time who did/does what and not sure to whom to direct specific questions.

The credits, which inexplicably can only be accessed after logging out, also are not only just a list of names (eg. with no title), but includes a section for Cryptic Studios in addition to Neverwinter Game Team. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems implausible that everyone listed ought to be listed with a credit. Or, is it more a family or moral support type of credit in some of these cases?

The Terms of Use link on the logout screen is outdated I believe showing not updated since April 2013.

How to get information about the terms of the copyright or copyrights? The login client shows a 2020 Copyright, but there are other or differing copyright notices shown on the logout screen.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Credits include anyone who has worked on the game, past and present. All teams support each other at some point of development so we include everyone else in the studio under the Cryptic Studios section.

I'll pass on the info on the links to ToU and inquire about copyright (that would be a question for our publisher).
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Also, I don't know much about copyrights, so I'm wondering how could I find what is included in the copyright?