Options

Give us a way to trade enchants, runestones and insignia for Mod 20

2»

Comments

• Options
    canuck1canuck1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    reg1981 wrote:

noworries has already gave us his comments on this. This is the current message that is posted, his original reply wasn't this formal. The original reply was along the lines of go try it out before getting hung up on exchange vendors. That and my reply have been purged from the thread.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258799/official-combat-changes-stats/p1

A radiant exchange isn't off the table. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there is a lot to take in and a lot to work with seeing how a character feels/gets setup now. So before committing to that exchange I would like to wait a few days as everyone gets a handle on the changes.

A radiant exchange would be a perfectly fine option if people still feel they want to get rid of a lot of radiants after they've tried out some builds.

Response:

Thank you for your reply - I did read about the radiant exchange. Again - I don't know why we paid for these via time or money when they are just going to give us back a bound enchant that we can't sell when they decide to change stuff on us again or if we have to rearrange for equipment they bring out - I guess its better than nothing but I digress. What I am saying is on 2 of my end game characters (I have a 3rd I haven't bought in yet) - On preview - I was required to not only swap out ALL of my radiants but also multiple runestones and insignia's to meet the same endgame damage results as in the previous MODs. This would lead me to argue that it has to be an exchange vendor 1 for 1. I don't get the argument of non-bound exchange causing an AD overflow as I would be exchanging for items I need - not items I plan to sell.
  • Options
    zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @oldbaldyone said:
    > The problem is, most people spend a ton of time and resources getting enchantments, runestones, insignias and collars. The game is designed for these things to be a massive grind, with the idea being their worth will always be there. Other gear is relatively easy to get, but this stuff takes a ton of time and resources.
    >
    > All they have to say is. Hey we are changing the game....we wil have a vendor that will allow you to exchange stuff as needed, without changing the bind status. There...now everyone stops worrying about their investments and starts trying to work with the new system.

Yep, but that doesn't offer Cryptic and its Chinese overlords at Perfect World Entertainment the opportunity to fleece the player base yet again. Hard pass.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, i might jump through the hoops to get my character into shape once, but sure as Hell not twice or more times... at some point i'll just say "Fudge it!", and continue with what i can get by just playing the game.

It should also be clear, that after such changes i'm not going to spend money here any time soon... nor would i give any new game of them a chance, or recommend any of their games to friends either.

I mean, sure this might work on some people, and they might push them to spend money because of these changes, but long term they're only shooting themselves into the foot over and over again.

I guess they still haven't learned from
    "... a satisfied customer tell 3 friends, an unsatisfied customers tell 3000..."
    they should really read that book some time.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!