test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pirate King's Retreat Bug

jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
The dungeon is fine until the last boss. We activate the fire, but at the anchor, when you click to swing across, the zone in point is too low and you fall through the floor. There is no way to reach the boss. My character was level 80.

imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan

Comments

• jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Running on a Level 54 character with a party of level 43 - 60 players. The dungeon completed before we got to the fire, and again the boss was not there. We instantly died.

imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
  • majormarcin#1464 majormarcin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @nitocris83 probably a bad idea to tag you here but if there is an option, I suggest that you disable this dungeon now

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Probably same assets as the Chult Patrols referenced in other bug reports

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258552/airshipwreck-patrol
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lissblissb Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    had the same problem a couple days ago. also lvl 80.
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Done it with several toons, it all ends up like this:

At that bridge, where last boss is, this happends everytime, for me :
    Groups "splits up" (if enter with a party, party members stays)
    , and if u enter last boss the ground dissapears and all falls to their death:

• liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Same problem just happened. Appears some areas of the ship at the end failed to render.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Basically, the entire floor disappeared and the queue disbanded. You could interact with the anchor but it would instantly teleport you to arena and since floor is missing you die by falling out of the map.

Have video if needed.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was reported last week and is under investigation.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was reported last week.
  • sagegodgamer#8074 sagegodgamer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same issue .
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I will once again post this question here as it pertains to this error.

Why are these maps dynamic and not static? I think I may know the answer, but I am wondering, if anyone working at Cryptic knows why the maps are generated on the fly. It seems plausible, to take the time resources and repair these maps forever. One employee with very little skill could be assigned to make all these maps static with limited dynamic parts. The map count doesn't seem that large, it would be good practice to fix these and any maps created in the future.

At this point, my theory is either, the game engine is old and won't allow it, or employees are told to do it one way and nobody ever questions the reason why it should be done this way. Making these maps static maps, would benefit in shorter load times and eliminate these errors from ever occurring again. I certainly don't understand why it would take over a week to repair this error.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    looks like the ship doesn't like anyone lol
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Payout occurs as you head down the pier and the party breaks up then.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Payout occurs as you head down the pier and the party breaks up then.

This is due to the dynamic ship parts that don't load in, the enemy crew falls to their death before you arrive. The bug kills the NPCs for you. The party must use other means to leave this map. The fastest is H key for Help menu, I am stuck...
    @majormarcin#1464 this is probably the reason they left it open for users to play.

I think everyone can agree the ship and all its parts are static in this map (they don't move and have no reason to move) and should not load in as over a dozen different items. The ship and all of its component parts should be one, and only one, 3D reference. The broken part is an issue in their database, as a library in update was offset. This offset is hard to track as it just a list of numbers. Repairs to this offset can easily spawn more offsets elsewhere in the database. As I understand, the ship parts are appearing elsewhere in maps they don't belong.

The long term solution appears to be, repair this ship and its surrounding area to spawn in as one object. The ship crew should remain dynamic models as they need to move around and are not statues. If the map needs to be broken into smaller segments, then the bounding boxes should at least be a priority for all maps.

All of the Cryptic maps seem to operate in this fashion, building maps like Lego™ puzzles. I can only guess the core engine is not that versatile? I also know from experience, core engines cost a lot of man-hours to build, time is money, and they don't like the depreciation factor of any game engine. Unless you are made of gold bricks, your game engine will be outdated by the time it is built.
  • yunusberkanyunusberkan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Graphical glich is present on the ship with the final boss in the Pirate King's Retreat dungeon.

• yunusberkanyunusberkan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User

Issue is being investigated per a prior report. Thanks!
  • healinhandzzhealinhandzz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yes it is not good when you get to the end then all you do is die, I have a quest that I can not do.
  • majormarcin#1464 majormarcin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @nitocris83

before updating:
    the missing parts of the ship can be seen from afar,
    when you are on the bend on the pier in front of the boss
    the boss drops ending the bungeon, the portal opens, you get a reward if you were queuing, if you were not queuing, you will not open the box next to the portal because there is nothing to stand on

after the update:
    when you approach you can see that some of them begin to disappear before your eyes (video)
    the boss is not spawned until the team is gathered, so the instance cannot be completed
    if you assemble a party, everyone dies (boss still alive?)

https://youtu.be/gIk2-YnC-Ow
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Just got this twice in a row for my random and couldn't finish it.

@nitocris83

before updating:
    when you are on the bend on the pier in front of the boss
    the boss drops ending the bungeon, the portal opens, you get a reward if you were queuing, if you were not queuing, you will not open the box next to the portal because there is nothing to stand on

after the update:
    when you approach you can see that some of them begin to disappear before your eyes (video)
    the boss is not spawned until the team is gathered, so the instance cannot be completed
    if you assemble a party, everyone dies (boss still alive?)

Well that is a step in the wrong direction... I don't know if they will shut it down for repairs, issue an emergency maintenance on this, or promptly ignore it. I know this is used to level characters through the random queues. I will do my best Tom Bodett for you, It is a good idea, to keep these +12 leveling dungeons up and running, as they are what new players see when they walk in your front door. It is a bad idea, to have several broken dungeons in the game over the winter holidays, that generate the bulk of future player revenues.

People are trapped in their homes (not just from the flu season) during the winter months, mostly due to the cold weather.
    They get bored and binge watch streaming TV or play games. There is only so many times you can polish the house pets before they start losing their fur. People need to escape and they look to online games that offer both amusements and other people to cavort and frolic with in the months ahead. Breaking things in the winter is not going to make an impression on new users. Established users telling them, oh it is normal here, locks it in - they don't want a long term investment into the product you are selling them.

Out of respect to your product, if this was my product, I would get this shut down and repaired ASAP.
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I ran it twice yesterday, in a private que, and both times the final boss didn't appear. Some assets of the ship appear to be missing and upon loading in I instantly died as I fell through the ship.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    I think it used to be players would at least get some credit for completing Pirate King random (AD's) seems the latest 'fix' is now no one gets even partial credit for reaching the boss... Everyone dies, no reward or AD's.
    DD~
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Yep and lot of jungle of chult ships in campaign are broken too! Don't activate lass boss, you will die!

• mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User

Issue was reported last week and is under investigation.

I believe I first to report it and thank you. XOXO