test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP is the lowest of the low recently

tonyk4tonyk4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2020 in PvP Discussion
1) Some mounts can instantly kill as summoned;
2) There is a massive action of sabotaging the competitors' matches by the usual players , who monopolised the PvP ranking by playing multiple accounts; also , pre-arranged matches to trade easy wins!
3) Savage kicking from matches , even for no reason;
4) By eliminating different class paths, you dumbed down the game.
To sum up, all you need to do for effective PvP is exploiting broken mounts, bribing guildies to guarantee you easy wins, playing multiple accounts , kicking players you don't like.
Post edited by tonyk4 on

Comments

• Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Agree! mounts powers should be removed from pvp completely ..raw battle no pets or additional overpowered HAMSTER or FROGS as it was always supposed to be ..pls ! :)
  • Options
    elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    pvp broke to AF....just remove mount, and all HAMSTER whu can stunn taarget, and you see haw many ppl start play pvp,+1 tanki 1 heler 3 dps, not like 5 dps vs 5 dps....
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • Options
    merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    do you guys even play PvP? Tanks kind of rule. Well a good tank anyway. and healers are EXTEMELY welcomed!!!! The Tunnel vision is what you are complaining about that "one-Shots" your opponent is awesome but not game breaking. Mine is maxed out. In PvE i can do on average 1million to 3 million damage with it. But in PvP I can't kill Everyone with it. Some classes can block or deflect or even just take it.

however the Extra accounts made so you can win a game..I have not come across it yet, but I think if it was too bad it would be moderated MUCH better as they are pretty good at kicking and banning multiple abuse accounts. They don't get them all, but they do get quite a few.

and I have been kicked once but I wasn't paying attention and they stated why I was kicked. no big deal. it was my bad.

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    merik1999 said:

do you guys even play PvP? Tanks kind of rule. Well a good tank anyway. and healers are EXTEMELY welcomed!!!! The Tunnel vision is what you are complaining about that "one-Shots" your opponent is awesome but not game breaking. Mine is maxed out. In PvE i can do on average 1million to 3 million damage with it. But in PvP I can't kill Everyone with it. Some classes can block or deflect or even just take it.

however the Extra accounts made so you can win a game..I have not come across it yet, but I think if it was too bad it would be moderated MUCH better as they are pretty good at kicking and banning multiple abuse accounts. They don't get them all, but they do get quite a few.

and I have been kicked once but I wasn't paying attention and they stated why I was kicked. no big deal. it was my bad.

@tonyk4 and @fuxion#7775 and myself are all active PVPers on PC, not sure who you or @elderislt#1066 are.

The mounts are definitely gamebreaking, the skill required to kill enemies has dropped through the floor and a lot of PVPers are sitting out until it gets fixed, especially on Xbox. The people replacing the players who are sitting out are mostly PVE players who are only here for the money and most of them aren't playing their characters for very many games.

The 3k mounts are significantly stronger in the hands of some classes/builds than others. A Healer or a really tanky player pretty much needs to crit with the mount to kill a full health player and other things like wheel can save their opponents too. But this isn't the case for pure dps classes/builds and the mounts are much more broken OP on them, especially rogue and warlock.

I'll also mention that tunnel vision is more sensitive to canceling than toad is and is dodgable thank god, the damage on it is still every bit as ridiculously OP as it is for toad though and is definitely still a problem. For toad, there is no counterplay for it, its a completely undodgable oneshot button for all classes except 2. Those 2 classes are barbarian and warlock, which are the only classes that can dodge toad.

As for the tanks being good claim, this I only agree for if you mean tanky builds in a solo que setting and not literal tank specs. And even then a high dollar glass cannon is usually more useful than a tanky build. This also is assuming you don't factor in WK rogue encounter rotations and pure dps specs in general running 3k mount powers and stuns.

I agree healers are still good, albeit they did kinda get taken down a peg due to the 3k mounts combined with damage increasing over time.

As for the shenanigans with groups of players doing win trading, this is very common on PC, most of it takes place in the regular domination que and really early hours of the morning EST. Sometimes we do encounter people doing this in solo que matches during the day too. On Xbox I've heard that the win trading issue became much more common there this season.

Players using alternate accounts and alternate characters to throw games of their competitors is a real thing, but it is confined to a few individuals on PC and isn't widespread here. Not sure about other platforms on this one.

and kicking abuse is very common. Only a fraction of kicks are done for good reasons.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So pvp on Xbox has about 100 unique gamertags... they cry for more players but when they get them... aka me and my scrubness, since I could care less about pvp... they boot me cause they don't like me.

Deal with it scrubs. If it weren't for people like me you wouldn't get matches nearly as often.
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    I know its a tough pill to swallow but PvP should be on even footing for both new and old players.
    Gear should not matter in any way shape or form other then cosmetics, as long as that is not happening we will see full build rogues 1shoting everyone and making new players rage-quit the game.
    The only reason I stuck around PvP was the fact that TR was bming me and I got so pissed off that I decided to dedicate several hours each day testing bugs to show them they aint as special abusing broken things. In the end its all hollow, since there is no point to it. It didnt make me feel better and pvp got even worse when some people learned what bugged HAMSTER I was using and started replicating it. Its no different with gear. I always tried to take off gear pieces when teams were uneaven but you cant really do it.
    You take off some things and then that 1 geared person kills you with 1 hit but the new guy still cant touch you.
    Make everyone with EQUAL stat distribution, EQUAL mount powers, EQUAL weapon enchants and armor enchants.
    Then I might come back, and then and only then will this game stand a chance. You CAN NOT gain new players for pvp when they get curb-stomped 24/7 whenever they try, and 95% of the " elite " is toxic, bug-abusing, man-children that dont look for fair fight but to win no matter then cost to feel better about themselves. I dont even need to give you the names since you know them all, and even those that seem " good guys " have dirt under their fingernails too.
  • Options
    barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Yup need to go back to mod 5 for pvp.