test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance: How is possible?

fulozafuloza Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
So how is it possible to predict maintenance at 2h and it is already 4h. Is there anyone expert who knows how to manipulate SQL databases and I think that SQL allows multiple login instances so that some things can be done during server operation.

(I will ask those who think I am wrong in this question of mine, to avoid any kind of discussion. Because that is my position, opinion. The question I asked is for informational purposes only, so I'm not interested in other people's trolling. I'm not interested in what you think at all, I'm just interested in why this is happening in the mentioned question)

Comments

• Options
    darkiker3darkiker3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    hi server is offline and nothing download pach
  • Options
    patch*
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Maintenance. And it was extended.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    byegodbyegod Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same here on the east coast of U.S. I believe that due to time zone difference that it should be back up at approx. 2 pm EST.
  • Options
    I hadn't noticed that it had been extended by one hour, compared to usual: D
  • Options
    rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    That's a 4-hour update. I'm hoping we get to see patch notes this week.
  • Options
    iamstormy743#4720 iamstormy743 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So, according to my account here, I first saw the maintenance would end at 1600 GMT (my time currently 1825 GMT) it has been extended by around 3hrs now to 1900 GMT. I have been unable to collect my VIP rewards for today as I work nights and now wont be able to sit around here waiting for access before I leave for next shift, never mind waiting for any subsequent patch to download!
  • Options
    maybe they fixed soriel
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There is no patch, this is just maintenance.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    i just got back from work, and it's not letting me download anything, i just see the server offline
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yes, it's been delayed for unknown reasons. They are still working on it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ty for info kreatyve :)
  • Options
    but is it possible that they fix soriel?
  • Options
    madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    2 hours is an arbitrary time set aside for regular maintenance, often the server is back up after only 90 minutes, however, on occasion they also run over time, this typically happens when they add in patches to fix reported items deemed important enough to not wait for the next patch date.
  • Options
    mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
  • Options
    yvan#9838 yvan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It looks like you know more than the people working at cryptic. They should really hire you right now so the next maintenances can be faster!. This is a life oportunity here @cryptic!!!
  • Options
    But we have been told that the Zariel companion fix will come out this week in another post, so there will be a patch later this week maybe. But that could also be extended till eternity, so yeah...
  • Options
    Haha I can add more info now but I'm afraid I'd get forum banned for posting it as it hasn't actually been released yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I would hope that would warrant a patch note or two if they fixed it...
  • Options
    Haha XD
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Maybe they are still counting truckloads of "fake treats" (as the US is still counting truckloads of "fake ballots") to determine the winner. In the NWO case, it's about the Masquerade event.

Or maybe one of the maintenance guys tripped on a cable and knocked over a server rack (eek).

Since the game is free to play I can't complain about the downtime. Except maybe I could have farmed more Tokens had the maintenance ended by the usual time.
  • Options
    crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    +1h again .. :)
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on November 5 from 7-12:00 PM Pacific (15:00-20:00 UTC)."

Wow. 5 hours now and it should be only 2. I'am done with this game for today. This is just too much for maintenance.
  • Options
    cybnuke78cybnuke78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Let them work harder
  • Options
    fulozafuloza Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    yvan#9838 said:

It looks like you know more than the people working at cryptic. They should really hire you right now so the next maintenances can be faster!. This is a life oportunity here @cryptic!!!

it doesn't matter how long it will take, it is important to spend the allotted time and that the server startup should not be further prolonged, we were told 2 hours and we are already waiting for 5h. someone lie US
  • Options
    sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User

Maybe they are still counting truckloads of "fake treats" (as the US is still counting truckloads of "fake ballots") to determine the winner. In the NWO case, it's about the Masquerade event.

Or maybe one of the maintenance guys tripped on a cable and knocked over a server rack (eek).

Since the game is free to play I can't complain about the downtime. Except maybe I could have farmed more Tokens had the maintenance ended by the usual time.

hannibalsmith you had 2 weeks or 14 days to farm those tokens so don't blame the computerguys who work hard to fix what ever they need to fix :s

• Options
    mothified#3940 mothified Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Yes, such hard work. *Kappa*. Reminder, they DID say there won't be a patch
  • Options
    byegodbyegod Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Oh Well after 2 pm est.. guess they are dealing with a mess.
This discussion has been closed.