test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic support empowerment / guidelines

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
This is in the bugs section because it's related to a bug and IMO is also a bug in your support guidelines.

I write this because I'm a little annoyed with what seems to be a lack of empowerment with your support staff. Or terrible guidelines on how issues are handled.

I purchased something you released broken, Soradiel. I waited a week, waited until a patch came out, and with no fix nor any further info from the Cryptic I asked for a refund of zen on Soradiel. I don't want the cash back, I want the zen so I can make an upgrade that works. I'll get the pet again at a later date when IT actually works.

I just can't wrap my head around how I can be told no, wait until the fix comes out. You released a broken item. Fix it, take it down, OR REFUND IT TO THOSE WHO ASK!!! What a HAMSTER way to treat a customer. Put $20 into a game, get something that ends up broken, now that money is tied up and instead of enjoying the purchase I get to deal with support and told to wait. You wouldn't wait if that payment was canceled, you'd ban me in a heart beat.

Show your customers a little respect. You have nothing to lose by refunding zen in this situation, the money is still in your bank. I get a working upgrade, you still have a happy customer. Seems that won't be the case today.

Comments

• Options
    Ticket ID: 338876 should you care to review it.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    100% agreed. What an absolutely craptastic way to treat your customers. Sell you a broken product, won't refund, say wait for a fix that may or may not happen(there are bugs still waiting to be fixed from mod 16 such as envenomed bolt with a ph icon, years later). At some point, ppl will walk away in frustration, or sue out of anger, either way Cryptic loses. @nitocris83 @cwhitesidedev#9752 @skingdev#1102 and any other @dev that cares to listen, this is a fundamental problem with the way you treat your customers.
  • Options
    manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    !!MESSAGE!!
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @reg1981 - a fix is planned to go live this week. The issue had to be investigated, a fix found, and then tested before it could go live.
  • Options

Hi @reg1981 - a fix is planned to go live this week. The issue had to be investigated, a fix found, and then tested before it could go live.

I fully understand that. What I don't understand is why a zen refund couldn't be done to allow me to enjoy my purchase while waiting for a fix. I'd buy the pet again later, I mean I put the money in because I felt it was something I must have, that's not going to change! A crit sev pet account wide for a def slot, hell ya! I didn't want to miss it!

Wouldn't it make sense to offer the refund of ZEN(not cash, I felt I had to have it bad enough that I paid cash for it), let me enjoy my purchase, then when this pet is fixed let me buy it again? I def would have dropped the cash again for this pet once fixed. Would have been $40 in the bank and a happy customer. Instead you've got a sour customer, a public call out on how this is going down, and $20 in the bank instead of potential double.

IMO your doing a great job with the zen market, and allowing account wide items. I'm trying to show my support. Would just be nice to see the same in return.
  • Options
    reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
  • Options

Ever heard the customer is always right?

Eff that, most customers are jerks XD But I don't think I was be unreasonable with this one XD
  • Options
    madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    So erm....ahhh...how many times has cryptic EVER actually given a refund?
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited November 2020

This does NOT address the issue AT ALL.
    This sort of reply is EXACTLY what is wrong with the Customer Service. You did a great job of confirming that the OP's complaint is not only justified, but that all of us can expect the same level of service from Cryptic. Very disappointing.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options

Can we get another update please? It's the end of the week, maintenance has passed, no patch released, no maintenance listed for today.
  • Options
    Latest and greatest on this ticket, it can't be refunded because it was unpacked and used. Really?? The pet that's broken and CAN'T be used, was used... :/ Of course I equipped it when I bought it! Why wouldn't I? Why would a reported, known, and acknowledged broken item be left in the zen store, right? Hmmm 3 weeks later it's still being sold and anyone who doesn't check the bug section of the forums gets HAMSTER.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    reg1981 said:

Latest and greatest on this ticket, it can't be refunded because it was unpacked and used.

Maybe they don't have tooling to remove a companion once it is split to the active power, and all that in the companion sheet. But then more so this is case where a fix should be prioritized. And such tools prioritized.
  • Options
    Is what it is, I've put enough energy into this already. Told them to forget it till Thurday anyways, I'm on cooldown XD We'll see after the next patch.