test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to choose a Faction Masquerade of Liars

sho660thsho660th Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Cannot complete the step "Speak with a representative and join the team you wish to help." for the Contest of Liars quest in Protector's Enclave
Only dialog option are "Tell me about rewards" and "Farewell" with all faction representatives, can still request and equip mask
Only seems to be occurring on character that participated in previous Masquerade events

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    After selecting the team did you go back to the Contest specter (the red one by the scarecrow team captain)?
  • sho660thsho660th Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    No as I cannot select a team with these toons. I have spoken again with all the quest givers and there is no further options.
    I have successfully completed these steps on other toons this event.
  • acelandow1974#1544 acelandow1974 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I already selected the Ghost Faction on another character. This character was able to get the mask, but unable to complete the quest line. The only options I get are Tell me the reward and Farewell.
  • acelandow1974#1544 acelandow1974 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have 2 characters on my account for Xbox. One account (an alt) was able to select a faction without any problems. My main character started the Contest of Liars Quest after the first character had completed the "Gathering Lies, Trade of Treats, & Contest of Liars" quests. Since the Faction was already chosen for the account, the normal options were not available. He could ask for a Mask, but the only options provided by all 3 faction representatives are to see the reward if that faction wins and Farewell. I tried dropping the mask and getting a new one, that didn't fix it. And I am unable to Abandon the quest to try again.

So my main character is unable to receive any of the other quests from the Contest Master:
    Seek and Treat in the Enclave
    Seek and Treat in the Cold
    Seek and Treat in the Jungle
    Seek and Treat in the Underdark
    Kill or Treat
    Or to interact with any the Spectral Tricksters

only
    Gathering Lies
    Trade of Treats
    from the Masquerade Master

I think this was a problem in one of the previous years on PC, but I am new to Xbox. It didn't happen to me this year on PC. One other thing I noticed was that I don't think I could visit the Spectral Tricksters until I had completed and collecting the Gathering Lies the first time on my character that chose (not my main character). Or maybe that was to select the faction, I am not sure.
  • sho660thsho660th Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Neither of the toons having issues recieved the Illusionist Mask artifact at the start of the event as well.