test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Loot from dungeonchests nerfed into Oblivion?

hanzohasashi#5461 hanzohasashi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited September 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
After a lot of Dungeons Runs like FBI, Lomm, Dread Legion, Master of the hunt, Kessells we were very surprised that NO ONE got anything like Mounts/Companions out of the dungeon chests...for example: We did some FBI Guild Multiruns and rolled like 20 chests x4 - NOTHING - not even a green HAMSTER artefact/comp/mount - just standard loot like it was before they made this loottable update a few years ago. 130 chests from Dread Legion contained 2x Energon 1 gray collar and in FBI i got a legendary shard for upgrading the collars. Thats it. 40 Rolls in Kessell - nothing - 30 Rolls in Lomm - nothing. Did you broke the loot table or isit WAI?

(I understand the RNG but this is far beyond "normal") Something fishy s going on here....

@nitocris83 can you adress this please? Thanks...

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Wait, you could get something else than a black opal from the chests before? I think you just might have been extremely lucky and now the rng god has his vengeful eyes upon you...
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Small sample size & might vary by dungeon.
    Adding my own experience (since mod update):

4 dungeon chests (using rerolls)
    2 major shards of empowerment
    saw no mounts/companions

5 RTQ chests (using rerolls)
    1 major shard of empowerment
    a stone from CODG
    saw no mounts/companions
    Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    can confirm. seems the Collars and Shards of greater empowerment have totally replaced the occasionnal mount/companion drops.
    I've ran dozens of Lomm since update, all rerolls both chests : 4x greater shards. not even one green horse
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    I have been running dungeons and trials. Gotten (with rerolls)4 shards of greater empowerment from random trials and epic dungeons. No collars yet, but I have seen a green mount drop, so they did not completely replace companions and mounts. Seems about par for the course for crappy chest drops from Neverwinter.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Have any of you check the bottom of the Juma Bags o' Chicken? Those dropped mounts and companions about 10% ish of the time. Here is the old data on that. I haven't been farming it, since I got my boon points from there. Might be worth the look.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rasvaidomrasvaidom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also can confirm the experience you made with the dungeon chests. Been running multiple runs on Legion, FBI, Tong, Codg, Lomm and Tomm with the same result. Using rerolls (per ads and also per reroll tokens) and having seen like no loot thats worth a little bit either for me or my guildies.
    On like 15 runs on Tomm this weekend the loottable was somewhat small, this aint funny.

Been playing this game for almost ten years now but if you reduce the potential reward on the dungeon chests to almost nothing it kinda obsoletes the sense of running instances at all which is ruining a great deal of fun.

If the loot table stays like this i really will think about spending some time or money in this game, since if i just dump time in a dungeon which i dont run for the sake of running itself but also for having the chance to get something nice in the end it wont make any sense at all to run dungeons. This reduces the games content to about half (and its not the funnier half).

I really hope that will change back in future patches.
  • czesc#0655 czesc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Around 30 runs of TOMM since update - nothing. No collars, no shards, no mounts, no companions. Only black opals and sometimes blood ruby. All i got since update was x1 book of vile darkness.
    I guess now that mounts are cheaper in zen store, they don't need to drop from dungeons anymore.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Maybe some kind of "Cryptic's New and Improved Master Plan"?

1) Nerf dungeon rewards in milestone 2;
    2) Get them back to what they were in milestone 3;
    3) Some "content creators" (you know the ones) will say "See! Improved Dungeon Rewards! They are doing what they promised in the roadmap! Thanks Chris!"
  • mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I wonder if there's any experienced player out there believing there is a single HAMSTERING instance worth running right now for loot. I'll just wait to see these "Improved Rewards" before wasting my time in any more of those. I hope they deliver.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2020