test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

skill swap cooldown

catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited September 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
Swapping skills puts them on 10 second cooldown even at max VIP rank.

Before today's patch cooldown was only when we had no VIP and/or at start of some combats.

Can't even swap skills in fireplace without getting cooldown.

Please, fix, swapping skill between AOE/Single is a huge part of playing some classes, especially arbiter.

Comments

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Just a reminder: "no cooldown for swapping skills" is not officially listed as one of the VIP benefits. It's probably just a side effect from the "invoke anywhere" benefit. Maybe this whole mess with the VIP perks not working was caused by Cryptic trying to remove this unintended benefit.

Then again, we're talking about a codebase from Cryptic, so maybe adding the "Mount Collar" category to the AH broke everything, who knows.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    But even without vip, u had no cooldown when swapping skills in a bonfire/ or in PE

now you have, always, no matter circumstances, its terrible
  • Options
    angahareth#7421 angahareth Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yes, this. It's so annoying. Please fix it. I kinda get in in-combat, but really, out of combat cd?
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    lopov88lopov88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I reported this as the first thing in the mount update launch bug thread. They are just choosing to ignore it. Most likely they don't know what this is or how to fix it, so we'll probably lose this forever. Another shiny moment for Cryptic. Not sure why I bother playing this ruin of a game anymore
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's a feature, not a bug. It's HAMSTER over healers pretty bad. Can't swap to astral shield when I need it now.
  • Options
    serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    @nitocris83 , please, after a week, give us an answer
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I agree we deserve an answer on this. You remove a feature and just ignore us when we ask about it, that's just plain wrong.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Come on, still no update on that issue?

Seriously, bring it back as it was, i can even accept cooldown when in direct combat, but there should be no cooldown out of combat.

Also, whats with unable to switch when skill on cooldown, we missclick while swapping now and have to waste 20 second to get proper skill
    Post edited by catson#7772 on
  • Options
    harnrimharnrim Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Cooldowns in combat are a pain in the HAMSTER, cause you can't react to different situations anymore and maybe save Teammates with a fast switched power.
  • Options
    Another patch notes released, still no mention of this. @nitocris83 can we please get a reply?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Response from email to support:
    "Thank you for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with a cooldown when switching powers. Based on the information you provided it looks like this issue is the result of a bug. Rest assure as I will forward these details to our development team so they can investigate this further.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and hopefully we can identify the nature of the problem. I appreciate your patience and understanding.
    Regards,
    GM Chroma
    Game Master"
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Ye, had the similar message when i reported it minutes after server went live with new mount system
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That is their stock answer for "We don't know."
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    skyscape#2148 skyscape Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would like to see a longer skill bar and have 2 slots especially for changing loadouts instantly. It would make play far easier. I would also like this feature available for all. Not just VIP players.
    Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    The patch was applied, but wrong patch was issued. It didn't fix the issue. Details are in the patch notes post: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258077/patch-notes-nw-122-20200831a-13
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

Hey all,

Sorry this one slipped past us. We have a fix in and in test. We just missed out deadline for the next patch, but look for a fix in the following one.

- SKing

Hey can you clarify stuff? Are we meant to play now with that 10 second cooldown on swapping powers while in combat? Would be nice so we dont keep hoping for a fix the next patches and just be dealt with disappointment week after week.

Thank you.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Personally I would expect the CD in combat as a change a power, miss a turn type of thing. It was never a benefit of VIP. As mentioned above, maybe a side effect. The CD out of combat is an obvious bug.

Does it suck? Yes. Should it be this way? Probably!
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    swapping powers while in combat was the only silver lining that i liked when m16(?) changes came. This allowed me to make the best of the 3 encounter slots available and use and swap powers from AoE to Single target as needed. This allowed me on my arbiter to take out searing javelin when there is only one big mob left and replace it with FF. This allowed my devout to cast Healing word and swap it out afterwards to put in something else in the encounter slot. This allowed me to save certain people with KV on my fighter by slotting it in on those "oh HAMSTER" moments. I've had to show people how they can swap out encounters/dailies/at wills while on autowalk, while fighting, healing or tanking.

Having this cooldown removes this feeling of really optimizing neverwinter as an action rpg and just leaves us again with the 3 encounters, 2 daily, 2 at will slots that stays stagnant by having the same power just sit on it all the time which leaves me the feeling of neverwinter is back to just setting a macro that does all your rotation with a touch of a button, because there really is nothing else to do.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I feel like this change was made because of console.
    Quite a few console players have mentioned that they can't easily switch their powers in combat, so... Now PC have been hindered....
    It's not the first time they have done this...
    Console didn't have the ability to use keybinds... so they took that away from us PC players too...
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    This still happens.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁