test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a cash grab

I am really disappointed with the new mount system. It feels rushed and very expensive.
Why do we have to upgrade 10 mounts for 100% bolster why not 5, why rare and epic mounts of the same legendary type mounts ( snails, griffins..) have the same combat power? Someone came up with this idea over one afternoon? You didnt even let us test it properly to give you guys any feedback. It feels like a cash grab with almost zero thoughts put into it. I am really disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    It's a cash grab with a lot of thought put into it. They had to actively disregard the K.I.S.S. principle to come up with this convoluted trash.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Cryptic has been trying for years to remove AD from the game. This will remove AD and zen.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Dude.....it's barely expensive. To upgrade 10 PURPLE to mythic its 14 million.....and that's with zen at 750! Now just look at the price of 1 or 2 previous best in slot legendary mounts (like triceritops). They were ~8 or so mill each on xbox. Now you can make your own better triceratops for 1.4m
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    Of course it's a cash grab. This is a for profit company. If people don't spend. NO ONE plays. Don't stress so much over it. No one needs a mythic mount for any content in the game.

Burnished weapons are fine for everything up to and including ToMM. Everyone used Burnished to get their ToMM weapons and ToMM is significantly easier now. I can imagine even Zariel could be completed with burnished weapons if some group bothered to try. You are getting angry over a "want" not a "Need".
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Everything is a cash grab because the company needs a profit. Does that mean it will grab your cash? It is up to you to allow it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    masteroga said:

Dude.....it's barely expensive. To upgrade 10 PURPLE to mythic its 14 million.....and that's with zen at 750! Now just look at the price of 1 or 2 previous best in slot legendary mounts (like triceritops). They were ~8 or so mill each on xbox. Now you can make your own better triceratops for 1.4m

If you want that 50k HP that a Leg. War Triceratops hade before back, you are spending a LOT more than 1.4 million...
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    News Flash, Epics shot up to over 400K. Which is 4 million just to buy 10 of them from the AH. Otherwise Legendary mounts are dropping, last I saw was 2.8 million each. 28 million to just buy the 10 Legendary from the AH. So you need to add the cost of mounts to this equation, unless you plan to farm the Juma bags for the epics.

One of the YouTubers made a guide saying; converting 10 Legendary to 10 Mythic is going to run $135 cash (13,500 Zen) in upgrade tokens. Maybe you don't want to pay cash? Then saving 3 million AD per month and tossing it into the exchange, you should have enough AD in 3½ months. Then there is the wait for that Zen to accumulate.

I have no plans to refine mounts or collars at this time.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    You have to spend Zen on the mount system in two ways:
    * Mount tokens can only be gotten through Zen - the promised events with mount token drops have yet to appear
    (Tradebars are also gotten by Zen)
    * Upgrading collars is so madly expensive that you really do not want to start with anything but the purchased purple ones. That goes both for the dropped components and the insignia powder.

The mount system is a lot more focused on driving Zen sales than what we have seen before.

That is however just an observation and not a criticism. Cryptic needs their income for the game to live on.
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Only day 3 or 4 of the mount changes and people want to have epic/legendary collars/mounts/etc. This is a grind heavy game, it takes years to max or pay to fast track. They should prioritized fixing mounts bugs before increasing drop rates or nerfs.

There are similar epic mounts of legendary type because that how lockbox was, they couldn't remove one version as it was already integrated into the game and many players stable.

The mount changes didn't make it into preview for people to test, that is unfortunate, but it is here now. So enjoy the benefit from it and if you want to capitalize on these changes and make millions of ADs, instead of spending ADs/money.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The frustration comes because most players are used to upgrade-to-bis the first day something new is released.

If you take it as something you will be upgrading with a bit of calm, your character will be stronger with every upgrade, and is a goal you have to look for.

If you want to enter to the game, upgrade everything to max, try it in 1-2 dungeons, feel the power, and leave the game until a new thing is released, well thats not what developers want. They want us to be in the game, they can make things expensive, or they can put time barriers. Mount system is expensive, Redeemed Citadel has a time barrier.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    drigon#5157 drigon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I spend money on the game, I keep VIP all year long + buy a few things along the way. So do many other people.

my issue is that Cryptic sold leg mounts.
    And ya, I purchased one of the 3pack leg mounts.
    Now they changed the mounts and made them less powerful, so now i need to spend more money to bring it back up to what it was when I bought it.

When they sold those leg mounts I am sure they knew they were going to make these changes. its a big ha ha we got over on all you suckers.

So yes I agree this was a huge money grab, shame on Cryptic for doing so.
  • Options
    aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User

When they sold those leg mounts I am sure they knew they were going to make these changes. its a big ha ha we got over on all you suckers.

So yes I agree this was a huge money grab, shame on Cryptic for doing so.

Many of the pack & non-pack legendaries still retained their value because you can't get those mount powers otherwise.
    When they sold that 3 mount pack, everyone I knew said, "Don't buy it because once mythic comes out, it will be obsolete." I don't feel the slightest ripped off knowing that I turned my black ice war horse into a mythic mount & now I have even more powah! 0$ out of my pocket thanks to free tradebars via VIP & Zen Exchange...thank you paying players for providing us a free to play game. It just takes patience or $$.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    @drigon I kind of get what you say. However, if you purchased the triple leg pack, you at least had your fun with it.

My last visit to Zen market was for the redeemed citadel bonus rewards - I figured I can use a couple of rings for my alts. Well, guess what, there was a bug, so you could not buy any additional pieces. OK, bug, lets wait... And the fix? We made the rings 4x more expensive... and now you need for their unlock month 2, not the month 1 I have already purchased and grinded.
    I literally had not yet gained the access the purchased items - and the conditions were changed so I am no longer entitled to do so.
    Well, at least during the grind I obtained more than enough alternative rings from Mog and Garix... =)

Visiting Zen market sooner or later leads to regret.