test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot purchase ANY Zen bundles!

grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
For the last few days I've been trying to purchase one of the Zen bundles (the 500 Zen & 10 Preservation Wards) but when I click on the blue "Add to Cart" button nothing seems to happen.

Will add more details in a moment as a workaround to the "Post Discussion", "Save Draft", "Preview" and "Cancel" buttons being hidden by the banner at the bottom of the page when trying to make large text posts!
Playing STO since August 2010
Playing Neverwinter since July 2014

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,255 Arc User
    grizzlyuk said:

For the last few days I've been trying to purchase one of the Zen bundles (the 500 Zen & 10 Preservation Wards) but when I click on the blue "Add to Cart" button nothing seems to happen.

Will add more details in a moment as a workaround to the "Post Discussion", "Save Draft", "Preview" and "Cancel" buttons being hidden by the banner at the bottom of the page when trying to make large text posts!

May be browser, cookie setting related. What is the browser you are using? Did you try another browser?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Adding more details now:

For the last few days I've been trying to purchase one of the Zen bundles (the 500 Zen & 10 Preservation Wards) but when I click on the blue "Add to Cart" button nothing seems to happen. If I then refresh the page I get a blue banner across the top of the page that states:

Some items in your cart have been removed or their quantity is limited. You may have a maximum of 99 of any product in your cart.

I'm only trying to purchase ONE bundle! Yes, I have purchased that bundle previously, but, according to the RESOLVED - [PC] Zen Bundle Issue post the issue that was preventing PC players from purchasing multiples of any specific bundle was fixed on Sept 9:

Update Sept. 9
    PC players are now able to purchase multiples of the same bundle.

That clearly states that the issue with purchasing multiples is supposed to have been fixed! So, as a test I have tried purchasing each of the other bundles (the 1000 Zen & 10 Reward Reroll Tokens bundle, the 2000 Zen & 1 Legendary Insignia Pack bundle, the 5000 Zen & 1 42-slot Bag bundle, the 10000 Zen & 3 Coalescent Wards and the 15000 Zen & 1 Legendary Mount Choice Pack bundle) but I get the EXACT same message on every bundle! As soon as I add anything to the cart it then gets removed!

I've tried using my web browser (Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit)) and the Arc client, but the same thing happens on both!

So, has Cryptic broken their fix? Is this some sort of new bug? Or does Cryptic simply not want my money?

I have submitted a Support Ticket but the response I've received has basically been "there is a known issue in regards to purchasing bundles that have been purchased before" even though I've explained that I cannot purchase ANY Zen bundle!

I had intended to purchase multiple 500 Zen & 10 Preservation Wards bundles so that I would have enough Zen to then purchase a Reforger’s Blessing Launch Bundle but it's too late now because the Reforger’s Blessing Launch Bundle has been removed from the Zen Store!
  • Options

grizzlyuk said:

May be browser, cookie setting related. What is the browser you are using? Did you try another browser?
    Happens in both my web browser (Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit)) and the Arc client, so I don't think it's a browser issue.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,255 Arc User
    grizzlyuk said:

grizzlyuk said:

Happens in both my web browser (Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit)) and the Arc client, so I don't think it's a browser issue.
    I use chrome. I had problem with firefox before (unrelated to this).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

grizzlyuk said:

grizzlyuk said:

I use chrome. I had problem with firefox before (unrelated to this).
    Seeing as you appear to be certain "it's a browser issue" I've also tried MS Edge, same problem as when using Firefox and the Arc Client. Not gonna bother with downloading and installing Chrome just to test whether I can purchase Zen bundles in that browser or not. Seeing as I get the exact same problem in Firefox, Edge and the Arc Client I'm fairly certain it's NOT a browser issue. Oh, I've also tried clearing all cookies related to Arc and Neverwinter, problem still occurs.
  • Options
    Figured I'd potentially save some time by adding a screenshot that shows the message I get when trying to purchase ANY Zen bundle:
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I just tried all the "Pack Info" for the Zen bundle sale and got this page

"Oops! Sorry, we cannot find the webpage you have requested. Please check the URL again or return to our homepage."

It worked yesterday because a guildmate ask some of us to check the links but now it is not. Something must be going on, perhaps they are experiencing issues on their end.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    nic1985 said:

I just tried all the "Pack Info" for the Zen bundle sale and got this page

"Oops! Sorry, we cannot find the webpage you have requested. Please check the URL again or return to our homepage."

It worked yesterday because a guildmate ask some of us to check the links but now it is not. Something must be going on, perhaps they are experiencing issues on their end.

Just checked https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477793-zen-bundles! and tried the links for each of the "PC Price Points (click on each price point to be taken to the bundle page)" and each one loads. There is a difference though, previously the displayed price on the individual bundle page was in US Dollars but now the price is displayed in Euros.

But I still can't purchase ANY of the Zen bundles, I click on the blue "Add to Cart" button, there's a very brief animation but nothing else seems to happen so I refresh the page and I get the same message as before:
    Some items in your cart have been removed or their quantity is limited. You may have a maximum of 99 of any product in your cart.
    Still only trying to add ONE product to the cart, but no, apparently Cryptic still doesn't want my money!

Guess I have to wait and see if @nitocris83 spots this and looks into what's going on. In the meantime, I'm really starting to regret having returned to playing Neverwinter after an almost 5 year break!
  • Options
    lindesslindess Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Oh, by the way, @nitocris83, what about zen bundles on Drider? At September, 9, you wrote, that

Zen Bundles continue to be temporarily deactivated on Drider.

Today is September, 18, and there was no news that Zen Bundles were available.

All this time I am waiting for the Zen Bundles to be added, and I do not make purchases. I shouldn't hope that the action will be launched on the Drider too? Should I continue to hope Zen Bundles are available on the Drider?

Explain this moment to me, please, maybe I shouldn't wait for the announced promotion?
  • Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    My attention was drawn to the issue (the same as experienced by @grizzlyuk) by a fellow alliance member, who couldn't understand why they couldn't purchase a bundle.

When i attempted to purchase a bundle by clicking the "Add to Cart" button, the button displays it as being 'clicked', and a pop up message indicates it has been added to the cart, but there is no Cart icon visible to click on to proceed with the purchase.

I tried Firefox and Chrome with the same bug replicated on both.

This is obviously a common issue now, which is obviously preventing players from spending money. Seems kind of stupid that it's not hot-fixed within less than 24 hours.

Is this game now raking in so much money that it can afford to let bugs go unfixed which prevent players from spending money?
  • Options
    apocalypse#8295 apocalypse Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same issue, but when I go from the announcement page and click on the purchase, I don't even get to anything to "add to card" it just takes me straight to the "Oops! Sorry we cannot find the webpage you have requested. Please check the URL again or return to our homepage." Which just takes you back to the ARC webpage.
  • Options
    zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I was curious about this and looked also. Could not purchase a bundle, after clicking 'add to cart' there is no cart anywhere and I see the error message after I refreshed.
    If this issue can't be resolved, or at least acknowledged here with some explanation or help, it might be a nice gesture for Arc to extend the zen bundle offer since it appears to still have problems.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Had the problem of nothing happening when clicking "Add to cart" yesterday. Also it showed prices in $ instead of € as the Charge page normally does for me.
    But tried again this morning and now everything worked, clicked "Add to cart" and was immediately forwarded to a new page with the cart contents where I could checkout and pay.
    But weirdly buying a bundle this way now flagged my account with a 7 days BtA on bought items from the Zen store. This never happened before when buying Zen the ordinary way. Not a problem right now as the items was just for myself, but clearly something is not right with their setup on this.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Well at least there are now some others adding their own comments to also report the same issue, for a while there I was starting to wonder if I was the only one with this! This promotion has been bugged since it started, The Support ticket I submitted in regards to this issues has now been closed with a "we are aware of the issue and are investigating, we apologise for any inconvenience". Apparently they've known about this issue since shortly after they deployed the fix on Sept 9 to the issue preventing PC players from purchasing multiples of the same bundle! Guess that's why @nitocris83 hasn't added a response here? I've double-checked RESOLVED - [PC] Zen Bundle Issue post, there was an Update added at 8pm PT that included:

[NEW ISSUE] Purchasing multiples of the same pack on PC is currently not available. We are investigating this but we do not have a timeline for when it will be resolved.

Now that clearly mentions the purchasing of multiple bundles, there's nothing about not being able to purchase ANY single bundle, even ones that you haven't purchased previously! But, according to Support, that Update is about this issue where we cannot purchase any Zen bundles at all.

So it seems that the fix Cryptic deployed on Sept 9 actually ended up making the issue worse than before! What a surprise!