test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild cannot be found in Search or invited to alliance

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited September 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have a baby guild that cannot be invited into an existing alliance. Everything is unchecked that should not impact being seen in search or directly invited. Cannot even find the guild in a search. I was told to come here and post for help. I was told this:

"Thanks for reaching out to us.

I understand that you had an issue regarding your guild that can't be searched. Based on the information you provided, it appears to be a gameplay bug that our development team will need to look into. We are unable to assist right away with fixing potential bugs or glitches. The best thing that I could do for you at the moment is suggesting you directly submit a bug report: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/bug-reports-pc

Though sometimes a quick logout would do the trick, please may you try logging out and logging back in to see if it works. If not, kindly post as well what you have experience and I will make sure that our development team is made aware of this issue. "

Comments

• Options
    So here are the images, I hope the dev team can help.

Please if anyone knows why this is happening, would love know a fix.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Because the guild is hidden from search in the guild settings?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    The image is to show its not hidden
  • Options
    aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I have seen it happen in the past, where a character in the guild name got transformed into a special character by the game (I.E. the r in synergy is not an r according to the game). The only work around was to search for "Syne". Try searching other terms that are in the middle of your guild name... like... "dow Bane" or even just "Shad". Unfortunately, shadow is an extremely common word in the game, so if that is the case, going to be hard searching for your guild every time.
  • Options
    It's more than that though..I can't get invites either to an alliance. My guild does not exist. Any work around that?
  • Options
    aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Temporarily change your guild name. It's the only thing I can think of =(
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating the issue. If you do try changing the guild name, let us know if it works to alleviate the situation.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    My guild did not appear in searches or the list for months and months. I also noticed that some guilds in our alliance didn't either. But then a few days later they would show up and then a few days later disappear again. I just figured there was something wrong with the DB index.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    This may or may not be a lead of the source of the issue. I made a mule for holding the new trophies and put it as leader, it became provisional leader. I tested the idea of the new guild protection system could be interfering with the guilds being seen/invited. So I demoted the character to no longer show the provisional leader with the timer on it. I can now find my guild in searches as well as got it invited into an alliance. Something you may want to look into or if you too have this same issue give it a try.