test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another Redeemed Citadel discussion/question

2»

Comments

• taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    If someone's purchased the reforger's blessing bundle, do they still have time to reach the 28k cap for Milestone 1 after September 15? How does that work? Does Milestone 2's progress bar start only after Milestone 1's progress bar is full??? Or are people, who have bought the reforger's blessing bundle, still time capped at September 15th to reach the Milestone 1 completion??
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have a question about the Teleport Scrolls to the The Redeemed Citadel showing up in the AH. Are these any good after the event ends? Is there any point to having a fast travel item to a place that will not be used beyond the final episode? I accidentally bought some thinking they were PE teleport scrolls. I failed to look before I leapt. :lol: No problem, I will just toss them into the prize bank.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

I have a question about the Teleport Scrolls to the The Redeemed Citadel showing up in the AH. Are these any good after the event ends? Is there any point to having a fast travel item to a place that will not be used beyond the final episode? I accidentally bought some thinking they were PE teleport scrolls. I failed to look before I leapt. :lol: No problem, I will just toss them into the prize bank.

I assume the NPCs and all won't be going anywhere, the Citadel itself certainly isn't. Once we unlock stuff, there will be huntmasters, celestial forge stuff, and whatever other things that are locked behind milestones that I don't think would be removed with the event. Just the campaign window itself would leave.

If someone's purchased the reforger's blessing bundle, do they still have time to reach the 28k cap for Milestone 1 after September 15? How does that work? Does Milestone 2's progress bar start only after Milestone 1's progress bar is full??? Or are people, who have bought the reforger's blessing bundle, still time capped at September 15th to reach the Milestone 1 completion??

I know that players who bought the bundle have essentially unlimited to complete milestones, though it is unclear if you can complete multiple at the same time or not. The only time gate is for buying the reforger's blessing itself, once Milestone 2 has started, milestone 1 blessing cannot be bought.
    arazith07 said:

I assume the NPCs and all won't be going anywhere, the Citadel itself certainly isn't. Once we unlock stuff, there will be huntmasters, celestial forge stuff, and whatever other things that are locked behind milestones that I don't think would be removed with the event. Just the campaign window itself would leave.
    Yes, I am just trying to figure out why anyone would willing teleport to the Citadel after the new year? I mean it isn't like we got teleport scrolls for Undermountain or Chult and those are two major hubs with banks and mail boxes. Chult even has the guild banks. The purchase was totally my own fault, I typed in "teleport scroll" to the search and when I saw 99 scrolls for less than 9,999 AD I hit the buy out button, thinking some player had an aneurysm or something. PE teleports run 150 to 200 AD each, I use those instead of the VIP signpost. It is cheaper that way.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020

arazith07 said:

Yes, I am just trying to figure out why anyone would willing teleport to the Citadel after the new year? I mean it isn't like we got teleport scrolls for Undermountain or Chult and those are two major hubs with banks and mail boxes. Chult even has the guild banks. The purchase was totally my own fault, I typed in "teleport scroll" to the search and when I saw 99 scrolls for less than 9,999 AD I hit the buy out button, thinking some player had an aneurysm or something. PE teleports run 150 to 200 AD each, I use those instead of the VIP signpost. It is cheaper that way.
    To purchase the daily 10K rAD would be one incentive to use the scroll. Assuming AD bonus works with it, it is 15K rAD for those who does not the RQ.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2020

arazith07 said:

To purchase the daily 10K rAD would be one incentive to use the scroll. Assuming AD bonus works with it, it is 15K rAD for those who does not the RQ.
    huh? :confused: I don't understand.

I was shopping for my Teleport to PE scrolls I normally buy them, every so often to make quick jumps back to PE. I don't do that very often, I mostly travel by normal means. When I did the search in the AH, those came up as the cheapest "teleport scroll". Before this the cheapest was either the Moonstone Mask or Protector's Enclave. The highest priced one is the Stronghold teleport scroll. I don't see how teleporting to the Citadel will help me, now or in the future.

For example; If I am doing one of the Sybella quests and finish up, I can use a scroll to jump in near her location and turn in my quest. Sybella is not in the Citadel. She isn't in Moonstone Mask either but it is closer than the Citadel. The only other time I use one is when I get into a zone real deep. With 8 characters I seriously doubt I even use a stack per week.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

arazith07 said:

not all parts of the citadel are opened up yet. it's possible it will have some further reason to bring ppl back. but yeah as it is it is only good for when you are working on things in that map. I wouldn't even use the scroll outside of avernus. it's mostly just good when you've finished something far away on that map and don't want to run back there.
    edited August 2020

arazith07 said:

huh? :confused: I don't understand.

I was shopping for my Teleport to PE scrolls I normally buy them, every so often to make quick jumps back to PE. I don't do that very often, I mostly travel by normal means. When I did the search in the AH, those came up as the cheapest "teleport scroll". Before this the cheapest was either the Moonstone Mask or Protector's Enclave. The highest priced one is the Stronghold teleport scroll. I don't see how teleporting to the Citadel will help me, now or in the future.

For example; If I am doing one of the Sybella quests and finish up, I can use a scroll to jump in near her location and turn in my quest. Sybella is not in the Citadel. She isn't in Moonstone Mask either but it is closer than the Citadel. The only other time I use one is when I get into a zone real deep. With 8 characters I seriously doubt I even use a stack per week.
    There is a store in the bleeding Citadel which sells 10K rAD for 500 favor (daily). As far as I know, I can't access the store besides going there.

Going there is a long run from outside even though I have VIP.
    I need to bring up the VIP sigpost. Go to"the wandering Emporium". Go outside, take the car to drive to scab. Go insdie, then ride all the the Citadel entrance. Teleport upstairs. Then, another long ride to the hall.

For those who has a lot of favor and has nothing else to buy, they probably will want to go there to cash in the 10K rAD everyday.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Just a reminder that the rAD mentioned above is refined AD (vendor name for the exchange is a typo).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Has anyone done hardmode dungeons during this event?

Sure...no issues....noth of them.

Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    actually it just occurred to me. they said price was going to go down on the pack each quarter. so it seems like if you grind it out each time and then buy last minute to get the assmear race then it's a lot cheaper for the bought rewards? nm that can't be right. I'm also a bit confused as to why they're making it so you can no longer buy it out if you've done the grind going backwards.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    edited August 2020
    arazith07 said:

Just a reminder that the rAD mentioned above is refined AD (vendor name for the exchange is a typo).

Hmm! The item posted in the vendor is "10,000 Rough Astral Diamonds (Daily)". It is not refined. Do you mean the "rough" is the typo?

The "Coffer of Astral Diamonds: Milestone I" in the campaign is 100,000 Astral Diamonds which was not what I talked about.
    > @plasticbat said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hmm! The item posted in the vendor is "10,000 Rough Astral Diamonds (Daily)". It is not refined. Do you mean the "rough" is the typo?
    >
    > The "Coffer of Astral Diamonds: Milestone I" in the campaign is 100,000 Astral Diamonds which was not what I talked about.

When you buy it, it's refined and doesn't lower your daily refined limit. So while it says it's rough, it's actually refined, hence the typo.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User

When can we get a look at the new gear set: the Amulet, belt things?
    The one they want money for.

When can we get a look at the new gear set: the Amulet, belt things?
    The one they want money for.

Take a gander at the collection window in game (CTRL+J).
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

arazith07 said:

Hmm! The item posted in the vendor is "10,000 Rough Astral Diamonds (Daily)". It is not refined. Do you mean the "rough" is the typo?

The "Coffer of Astral Diamonds: Milestone I" in the campaign is 100,000 Astral Diamonds which was not what I talked about.
    The rough is a typo. For 500 favors at the moment you are getting 10k refined AD (once per day).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    10k daily, wow in 30 years I could buy a Compy!
    edited September 2020

The current AH price of compy is 2.7 million AD. If you can get 10K everyday, it takes 270 days, about 9 months ... except you won't get 10K everyday after the event ends.

It's a good deal for only 500 favors, AND doesn't count towards your 100k refine limit. It can bring you from 27 days to farm for your compy to 24 days, for minimal effort.
    I would say getting that 10K per day in no brainer if you are doing the event. Basically, no effort and you are 'forced' to take it since you have to spend the favor somewhere to maintain below the 20K cap.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020

The current AH price of compy is 2.7 million AD. If you can get 10K everyday, it takes 270 days, about 9 months ... except you won't get 10K everyday after the event ends.
    This game is about getting everything working together for you at once. There are lots of good deals. This is one of them. By combining the many resources provided to you in gameplay... it is possible to generate respectable value from it all.
    edited September 2020

This game is about getting everything working together for you at once. There are lots of good deals. This is one of them. By combining the many resources provided to you in gameplay... it is possible to generate respectable value from it all.
    What I wrote is based on the numbers provided by the one I replied to. I just wanted to point out 30 years is not right. That has no reflection to how I do thing in the game. I don't have AD earning issue and I don't even do RQ.