test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NERF high level players in low level dungeons

crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
I have said this more than once. NO ONE likes being a person who is the proper level for a low level dungeon. when you run it is very typical that a nerfed level 80 does over 20 times the damage of a person the proper level for the dungeon. NOT ONLY is it BORING watching a lvl 80 kill everything in sight before you even get there but if anyone has any pride it is shameful for a lvl 80 to be in a lvl 12 dungeon.... NERFED means to a proper equivalent to the player who is suppose to be in that dungeon. Not some one 20 times more powerful than someone who belongs there. A level 12 does not have epic gear, 4 artifacts, and epic mounts, companions, and all the other stuff a lvl 80 does. As a lvl 80 I hate running them and as a lvl20 I hate them as well for the same reasons! NERF the higher levels to be proper or DON'T mix high levels with lower level dungeons. It is by far the worst part of the Neverwinter experience and it is BAD! It is a way to get AD but it needs balance not a grossly overpowered player killing everything in the dungeon. When the stats for a 80 is very close to the level that belongs there then it will be much more fun for everyone as well as fair.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    What do you think scaling is?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Remove the level 80's and the queue will never pop.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User
    It is not the high level characters want to go to low level dungeon. It is the game rewarding high level characters to go to low level dungeon so that those low level queue will happen. I would love to see the incentive to be removed (or be insignificant) so that when the high level players go to the low level dungeon, they go there to help. If the low level queue does not pop, so be it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    This also relates to the leveling structure of Neverwinter, where people go 1->80 in just a few days. There just is very little need for content pre-80.

If level 80 players did not actively use the lower level dungeons, they would see very little activity. Low level players would not use them either because it would be too difficult to find groups for them.

The problem is more that well-geared level 80 players still have too much combat power in low-level dungeons, so the answer to this should be further improvements to scaling to pull level 80 scaled power down to where it should be.