test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus's Aloof Angels: What's wrong with Laid to Rest Quest?

starcr0ssedstarcr0ssed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
If anybody else has experience or answers with this dilemma I'd love to hear them. The Lulu quest 'Laid to rest' in Avernus has decided I can no longer advance it (it did work the first time I got the quest). I've been running the zone since it opened and I've finished the campaign except for all boons. When I go to 'rescue' the trapped angels, nothing happens. Killing off their diabolical captors does nothing, and there is no way to interact with them - they don't seem to know I'm there and I go right through them.

The reason I'm asking in forum is because tech support gave me the big old bird on this when I submitted a ticket (this after weeks of trying to fix it myself). They said not only do they not have the first clue why it's not working, but they (paraphrase) really just don't feel like helping me. I should note here that I'm a VIP player in good standing, so if that demonstrates how valued we are then I have some choice words for them!

For the record, these are all the 'fixes' I've tried for the quest, most multiple times, and nothing has worked. I've tried re-phasing, actually logging off for a time and back on, dropping the quest and re-taking it, instance hopping, and leaving the Avernus map for a time before trying again. Like I said, everything I can think of, none of it with success. Any advice here? Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if, indeed, this is a bug that needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    You get a power that you can use with the "F" button. Use it over the angel to free him.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    User error, replace user and try again :)
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

User error, replace user and try again :)

Red alert! Red alert! We have a PEBCAK incoming! This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    1. You don't have to fight the mob around the angel. You can but you don't have to.
    2. The angel would not indicate you can interact with it. i.e. no white dots thing or a small message box.
    3. Use F to circle the angel from distance without aggro the mob and run away works.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    eh, chuck the old Holy Hand Grenade and you aggro the mob around the angels and you may not be able to get away fast enough.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    greywynd said:

eh, chuck the old Holy Hand Grenade and you aggro the mob around the angels and you may not be able to get away fast enough.

You throw the grenade. Mount right the way and run. Depends on how the mob is distributed, that can be done. I did that many times but I need to pick the right "set up" though.
    e.g.
    1. mob are all in one side.
    2. You can throw the grenade from higher ground.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    ...and the Shadow Demons can't be seen and are aggro'd before you can.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • starcr0ssedstarcr0ssed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Holy schnikies i should have thought of that. Obviously I did the first time I ran the quest. Thanks all. User error, indeed. *blush*
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I did exactly the same in Slippery Slope, trying to complete the alchemist mission. Died from the dot while trying to understand how to interact with an object. While the motionless green body of my ranger was on the ground and I was almost screaming &%£$@#*!!! somebody passing by wrote in the say channel "press F". I really felt ashamed :joy:
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80