test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can i gift VIP to another player?

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Thinking of running a contest in guild, many people do not have VIP, can we offer VIP as a prize? can for example I purchase it and gift that to another player? is it a transferable item?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    No. However I once gave away a guild with a bank full of gold and various prizes to 1 player. There are some services that cannot be transferred.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

No. However I once gave away a guild with a bank full of gold and various prizes to 1 player. There are some services that cannot be transferred.

Have fun!

not sure what your guild has to do with my question, but thanks for the answer?
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    This would be a nice addition if it could be implented in game. @nitocris83
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

Thinking of running a contest in guild, many people do not have VIP, can we offer VIP as a prize? can for example I purchase it and gift that to another player? is it a transferable item?

TIA

no you can not do it the way your wanting
    but tech there is a way..... whether youd like it or not depends but there is a way
  • Options

TIA

but tech there is a way..... whether youd like it or not depends but there is a way
    details?
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

TIA

details?
    well it involves ALOT of trust but
    all you gotta do is get the winner of said contest to post somethin on ah for "x" ad an then you go an buy it then they use that ad to convert to zen then buy vip with it
    for ps4 theres also the go buy psn card an giv winner the code to use the money on it to buy zen to get it but not sure if theres a way to do that route with pc
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    There is also the possibility that way of being flagged as a gold seller.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    @psychoticsatyr just saying you can give away a lot of things, just some services are not allowed since I could buy VIP in the Auction House if that were possible. Also the guild was a prize in a contest as you were saying.

@durugudesu Cryptic wouldn't allow VIP to sell in the AH, as this defeats the purpose of selling it in the Zen store to impatient players. :wink:

VIP is still 1000 zen correct? You could just express mail the winner an ARC game card or VISA gift card for $10 US currency.

Have fun with the contest!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Funny you mention VIP I was talking to my Guildies about that yesterday i have a friend who buys lots of Keys and has with it VIP 1 Month bundled with it, it got to a point he had VIP active for 10 years and our guildmate she does have zen to buy VIP due exchange backlog. So for him having more is already a waste but for her she needs it.

So please make VIP an item upon using it that VIP activates

I would like to also add something that could further enhance the system

There is cool store system feature in Elder Scrolls Online where you can gift a Friend an Item from Store that would also be really good and that item is sent to that friend using mail system
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Funny you mention VIP I was talking to my Guildies about that yesterday i have a friend who buys lots of Keys and has with it VIP 1 Month bundled with it, it got to a point he had VIP active for 10 years and our guildmate she does have zen to buy VIP due exchange backlog. So for him having more is already a waste but for her she needs it.

There is cool store system feature in Elder Scrolls Online where you can gift a Friend an Item from Store that would also be really good and that item is sent to that friend using mail system

It is exactly the reason why they won't do it. Money is already in the pocket. Why would they spend more resource to do something that will make less money for them?

This is the only item many people want it in monthly basis and have to buy it themselves from Zen store. If you can't get the Zen from Exchange, well, if you want it enough, you give them money. Why would they want to change that?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

It is exactly the reason why they won't do it. Money is already in the pocket. Why would they spend more resource to do something that will make less money for them?

This is the only item many people want it in monthly basis and have to buy it themselves from Zen store. If you can't get the Zen from Exchange, well, if you want it enough, you give them money. Why would they want to change that?
    Also the only time PWE makes money on VIP, is when you buy zen with cash to buy VIP. The AD to Zen exchange is a direct exchange for the players only. If I were to buy $20 worth of zen (2000), used it to buy an item in the zen store for 1500 zen I would have 500 zen remaining. Using the Zax (zen exchange) gives me 375,000 AD from the 500 zen and some poor soul gets their 500 zen for AD. The backlog is actually good business, since players want their zen now and many are more than willing to toss $10 or $20 in the pot, rather than grind and wait 35 to 40 days.

Ten years of VIP? Who would even conceive VIP would even be available 10 years in the future? They can phase out the VIP program anytime they want and not pay anything back. No refunds!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Ten years of VIP? Who would even conceive VIP would even be available 10 years in the future? They can phase out the VIP program anytime they want and not pay anything back. No refunds!

The one who bought that was not about buying VIP but was about buying lockbox keys. The VIP was just the icing. I know a person who has more than 10 years VIP. May be 30 years. The company may not stay for 30 years. The game may not last for 30 years. The person may .... The world may ....

If it is transferable to next player B, the money for player B to buy VIP (through whatever way he gets the Zen) is lost. Hence, it would be dumb if Cryptic allows that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

The one who bought that was not about buying VIP but was about buying lockbox keys. The VIP was just the icing. I know a person who has more than 10 years VIP. May be 30 years. The company may not stay for 30 years. The game may not last for 30 years. The person may .... The world may ....

If it is transferable to next player B, the money for player B to buy VIP (through whatever way he gets the Zen) is lost. Hence, it would be dumb if Cryptic allows that.

I agree. Know someone whose calculation has about 50 years worth from buying key bundles. When my VIP ran out I joked around about her passing some of it over to me.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.