test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You did it. You hamstered the Paladin tank.

2»

Comments

• lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User

2. A sentinel with much more possibilities to boost its HP will have much more chances to survive a burst. Much earlier. With less equipment needed.
    3. To stick to my example, I don't heal anything anymore. Except with heroism. But the daily power of the Sentinel is stronger in that area too. With the Sentinel, almost everything that is BIS is a cure.

@drago#3250 This really is a case of someone not knowing how to tank with a Paladin. The Paladin depends on the damage reduction offered from his skills. They can survive a burst of damage just as well as a Sentinel.

5. That being said. I'm not saying the Justicar doesn't get groups anymore. But if the Sentinel offers himself, the Justicar is asked if he can play an Oathkeeper.

Well that's because if the group is missing a healer, the Paladin can become one, the GWF can not. It isn't easy finding healers, especially OP healer (well, they will be in less demand after preview goes live)

• drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    lldt said:

@drago#3250 This really is a case of someone not knowing how to tank with a Paladin. The Paladin depends on the damage reduction offered from his skills. They can survive a burst of damage just as well as a Sentinel.

Skill not skills. And I mentioned the 10%. It's like 10% HP. And it is only 8s active with big cooldown.
    lldt said:

Well that's because if the group is missing a healer, the Paladin can become one, the GWF can not. It isn't easy finding healers, especially OP healer (well, they will be in less demand after preview goes live)

Yes now you don't need either the tank or healer. Bad times for Paladins.

Believe me, I know how to tank with a paladin. But a good player offers more - if possible - than only fullfil his role. After this is given - I don't see why I should miss out raise damage/heal.

• raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    IMO the problem is not specific to Pally Tanks. It's the imbalance in Stats between offensive and defensive.
    DPS can overload all Offensive STATs without worrying about DEFENSIVE STATs. A basic MAX MIN.

These need to be BALANCED way better. Should be severe consequences for not having Enough Defense, Deflect, Crit Avoidance and Awareness for ALL Character TYPEs....NOT JUST TANKS...

I think this is one of the BIGGEST ISSUES with this game.

TANKS need all STATS while DPS can concentrate on just 4, and maybe some Defense... So you got 200K
    Power DPS with 100K+ Offensive Stats and 50k or less in Defensive Stats. HPs should also be drastiically decreased if no CON.... Unfortunately this GAME is less about Core STATs and TOTAL IMBALANCE in the others!!!!!!!

For Instance, MOG and GARYX should be able to single shot (kill) and toon that MAX/MINs...
    Instead its the other way around....
This discussion has been closed.