test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with Elemental Evil Campaign

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted, but after an incredibly frustrating exchange with support in which they told me to "Since we are unable to provide any clue, guide, etc., I would recommend you ask knowledgeable players in-game or on the forums to see if they would be of assistance."

So, here I am, on the forums!

I am 100% absolutely convinced that my elemental evil campaign is bugged. I have completed the first 3 zones and recieved boons for them, and I have completed half of the spinward zone. However, there are no more spinward quests left! I have interacted with every NPC in the zone, several times, to check if they have any quests left for me, even if they don't have the exclamation mark indicating that they have a quest.

I currently have 3/5 of the scriptures needed for the 3rd task in the spinward tree of the elemental evil campaign. Without any quests, there is no way to earn more of the scriptures needed for me to progress. Potentially related, even though I have fully completed the Drowned Shores portion of the campaign, I still have 2 extra of those currency, which is somewhat suspicious.

Some more context: I am a long-time player, and I started EE when it came out mod 6, but I absolutely hated EE then so I didn't complete the campaign, and instead leveled via PVP. I later went back and completed the rest (except for this bugged part) a couple years back after they reworked the campaign to make it more manageable. I've been stuck on the spinward part for a while now, and after staring at it *almost* completed in my journal for at least a year now, I finally got fed up enough with it to try to figure it out.

Everyone I have talked to tells me there are known bugs related to the EE rework affecting players who had a partially completed campaign that can cause something like this, yet support was very unhelpful, and told me that I need to "Complete the Seeds of Air quest" to receive the final boon - which is impossible, because I can't pick up the Seeds of Air quest until I can progress further in Spinward which is blocked for me right now!

I really just want the campaign to have a check next to it in my journal, so if you have any idea how to fix this, please share! And if you know anything about this bug, also share so I can bring it back to Cryptic support and have them do some magic to fix my progression. To make it more interesting, if you can tell me how to fix this, I will send you a ward or enchantment in game or something, I'm just really fed up with this.
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker

Comments

• teamdiabetes11#9195 teamdiabetes11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have you talked with Pirri the Swift (NPC with optional tasks)? She gets a required quest that you have to do at about that stage of the game, but there isn't any indication of it, unless you choose to talk to her. I'd recommend talking with her again and making sure she only has 2 quests marked (Optional). Otherwise, she likely has the one required quest you need. I ignored her for the longest time and came across a similar situation, only to talk with her and realize that she magically had a required to complete quest near the end of the quest line.

The only other thing that would make sense to me is that indeed it might have bugged. If you've already attuned both air obelisks (the teleport stones) then Pirri is the only other potential "gotcha" that I remember in that campaign.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    drop all the EE quests, since they have been reworked quite a lot, that may have been the cause of the problems.

Drop and get the quests again.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User

drop all the EE quests, since they have been reworked quite a lot, that may have been the cause of the problems.

I have no EE quests left uncompleted.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I assume you went to PE and talk to the Druid and his tasks already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

Open your quest journals for the Spinward Rise(drowned shore, fiery pit, Reclamation rock?), and abandon all quests that are there.

I assume you went to PE and talk to the Druid and his tasks already.

Of course :)
    dulopa4e1d9.png

Open your quest journals for the Spinward Rise(drowned shore, fiery pit, Reclamation rock?), and abandon all quests that are there.
    Yes, I have no quests at all in any of these zones at the moment.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • pit#6001 pit Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    got same problem on some toons... mod 16 broke EE progression if you already started! support wont help, get they buyout from zen store or ah
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    OUCH!! Another one...

Yes, @katamaster81899 You are 100% correct EE is glitched bugged for people who left before 2018 and returned. The developers made changes to the area and I had 1 out of 8 my characters caught by the glitch. No support will not help. The developers have ignored the less than 1% who hit their built in bug.

Read more about this issue here. :disappointed:

List of removed quests

Patch notes failed to cover it well. Only stated;
    Level 60-70 Experience Re-Smoothing

We've taken another pass on the experience curve and the general feel of levels 60-70. The content has had various minor updates to smooth out gameplay, while the experience requirements to get from level 60 to 70 have been drastically reduced.

Note that the experience rewards from Elemental Evil and other post-60 content, which were much higher than other content, have also been reduced proportionally.
    wb-cenders.gif

OUCH!! Another one...

Yes, @katamaster81899 You are 100% correct EE is glitched bugged for people who left before 2018 and returned. The developers made changes to the area and I had 1 out of 8 my characters caught by the glitch. No support will not help. The developers have ignored the less than 1% who hit their built in bug.

Read more about this issue here. :disappointed:

List of removed quests

Patch notes failed to cover it well. Only stated;

Level 60-70 Experience Re-Smoothing

We've taken another pass on the experience curve and the general feel of levels 60-70. The content has had various minor updates to smooth out gameplay, while the experience requirements to get from level 60 to 70 have been drastically reduced.

Note that the experience rewards from Elemental Evil and other post-60 content, which were much higher than other content, have also been reduced proportionally.
    @nitocris83 Can you please put me in touch with someone high enough up in the support chain that they can resolve this issue for me? Thanks.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • miranda#3416 miranda Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I have also come across this error. As above, I had my character before the big quest changes (I have had her since Beta). I recall completing many quests in Spinward Rise before quitting the game a while back. Now I have returned, and after a month of exchanges with Support I have concluded that this is in fact a bug! I suspected it was due to my account being older, as it very likely is, but the Support Agent did not even entertain the idea.

There are quests that I cannot get because they do not exist. I have completed the entire Elemental Evil campaign, per Support's suggestion, and still could not get any new quests. There is nothing available to me in Protector's Enclave. I have spoken to every NPC that I can, rolled over for the Support team, and still I will not have my Elemental Evil completion because of this error.

Please, someone, just give me a quest to complete! I have 2/5 scriptures, I only need 3 more. I will fight 6 Bel's at once; ANYTHING! I just want this completed. I can provide the Support logs and showcase everything I have done (I took screenshots for Support).

It's very frustrating to be crippled because I played and did not finish this content before a change occurred. These are not static instances, these are simple, provable inconsistencies and should be handled as a token of good will, either through the granting of quests to complete or by giving me a way to get the scriptures otherwise.

I have completed this on alts and had friends with newer characters finish this with no issue. The trouble is with the age of my character and the changes in the questline that prevent me from gaining scriptures at certain instances.

Please PLEASE fix this error!
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    @miranda#3416 you will need to purchase a campaign completion token in the AH or Zen store.

I was lucky, I wasn't in the Fiery Pit when they changed. I ended up with an extra from Drowned Shore. If you read that other thread linked above @nitocris83 promised to look into it a few years ago. I am sure they will get this old stuff working soon, right after they get my Tutor companion working... any day now. Actually @nitocris83 I am not worried about the broken tutor it isn't like I am doing anything important with him. Get the Elemental Evil fixed first, the tutor companion can wait a few more years. Meanwhile I am going to get some sleep for the big day tomorrow where I will be impressed by all the new items in the Zen store for me to drool over?

I hope I am not disappointed again.

Just killing time...
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I had the same problem as you do with one of my characters in Spinward Rise and I had tried everything I could think of to get new quest without any success. It is bugged for sure. However,since that character had over 28K IL already so I just ignore it since one more boon won't make much of a difference but I do wish they will do something about it. There are so many bugs in the game and I doubt they had time for it unless a lot more player complaining about it.
  • miranda#3416 miranda Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @blargskull As much as I'd love to put $20 into the pockets of the developers, I have found more reasonable things to spend my money on. If I would have known this were bugged and perhaps would have been offered a discount on the ticket before spending hours completing Elemental Evil there is a chance I would have done so. I know you're being mostly sarcastic, but the fact that Support has run me around in circles instead of at least explaining the bug to me and letting me know there is no other way to complete this campaign is highly frustrating.

In the end, as @louchristan stated, one boon is not going to be worth my time in the long run. It's just terrible that simple solutions, like free campaign completion tokens, a box with the missing items, or providing a quest for bugged accounts, does not exist. This is a simple fix that doesn't even require there to be any in-game code modifications, just a simple practice put in place for the small majority of characters that are seeing and suffering from this problem.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

@blargskull As much as I'd love to put $20 into the pockets of the developers, I have found more reasonable things to spend my money on. If I would have known this were bugged and perhaps would have been offered a discount on the ticket before spending hours completing Elemental Evil there is a chance I would have done so. I know you're being mostly sarcastic, but the fact that Support has run me around in circles instead of at least explaining the bug to me and letting me know there is no other way to complete this campaign is highly frustrating.

oh, you noticed my sarcasm... I have spent a lot more than $100 on many online games over time. Some I don't even play anymore. I think it was a case of, easy come easy go. I know if it happened to me the other way, it has to you and countless others, I would have done the same and not bought the buy out. I think the last time I gave Cryptic money was through Champions for something. My brother and I started playing on Star Trek and we found Champions through that game. Later this one came out, I really didn't start "playing it" until after 2014 or 2015. I pretty much do role play a lot. I mostly buy costumes, unique items, and custom content. I buy a lot more on Champions than I ever will here on Neverwinter. I got my barbarian scythe here for free during the Summer Festival. They should put stuff like that type of item in the zen store but they don't. The tutor companion still won't work properly. I think I bought him 2 years ago from the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign.

I am finding mod 19 more enjoyable than 18. Aside from the awful Lulu character, I like the fact we get to interact more with Makos. I got my dune buggy and been enjoying it. Funny thing was, I just got off my PS4 playing Borderlands "Bounty of Blood" with my brother over the PSN. That was money well spent on that DLC. When I jumped on NW tonight, I was surprised to find the new Avernus mod looking a little like what I just got done playing. I got some free items and found nothing new in the zen store to purchase. I guess I will play this new module and then go back to my PS4.

Just killing time...
    I would like to also confirm that after having spent several weeks going back and forth with support, they told me basically to go **** myself, and that there is absolutely nothing they can do, and that it is player error, when it is infact a known bug. I am very disappointed with this. I'm ready to give up and accept the fact that my journal will always be missing the checkmark for EE, but it's just incredibly frustrating.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    @katamaster81899 I was just revisited by the nightmare once more. A user suggested "boon juggling" the campaigns in the CDP thread and I hope and pray they don't repeat this mistake again. I left them link and explained this mess to them once more. I don't think they will shuffle the boons again, that would be insane. Also any campaign without boons (Stardock) is just not worth running. To this day, I am physically depressed just thinking back to March 2018 and how that felt. Meanwhile - someday - I might finish Stardock with one of my 8 characters.
    wb-cenders.gif

I might finish Stardock with one of my 8 characters.

So Stardock is actually useless, or does it unlock something else somewhere in there?

Every day the same old thing. Take missions from the NPC standing by a map, he gives you the same mission kill 30 gith or 30 illithids collect 6 items or kill 3 champions in Undermountain. After you do 2 missions, you get to do a Warden Expedition same as an ME, but no 9 artifacts. This gives you a "rod segment" gith or illithid. Collect 3 rod segments and you get to do another expedition for a fragment. This is very long, dull, and has nothing to do with being in outer space. There are no stages to complete, no boons to collect, only the expeditions hand out companion items green, blue, and purple rank and very random. I never finished because it makes me fall asleep at the wheel.

You can read this thread for additional information.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2020

I might finish Stardock with one of my 8 characters.

So Stardock is actually useless, or does it unlock something else somewhere in there?

Every day the same old thing. Take missions from the NPC standing by a map, he gives you the same mission kill 30 gith or 30 illithids collect 6 items or kill 3 champions in Undermountain. After you do 2 missions, you get to do a Warden Expedition same as an ME, but no 9 artifacts. This gives you a "rod segment" gith or illithid. Collect 3 rod segments and you get to do another expedition for a fragment. This is very long, dull, and has nothing to do with being in outer space. There are no stages to complete, no boons to collect, only the expeditions hand out companion items green, blue, and purple rank and very random. I never finished because it makes me fall asleep at the wheel.

You can read this thread for additional information.
    I finished that for 6 characters by NOT doing each quest everyday. My characters collected the quests everyday (but not doing them) until I could not get any quest anymore. Then, did all them at once, usually, in the weekend. All solo too.

The quest usually has 2 types. One is to check the cargo (or something like that). I hate that one and that that took too long. If the character did not get the other type, I quit the character and ran another character until I got the 'right' type.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***