test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus Preview Patch Notes: NW.122.20200601a.1

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes
Content and Environment
General
  • Healing marks are now visible only to the caster.
  • Dragonborn’s collision area now matches all other playable races

Combat and Powers

Classes and Balance

Barbarian
Sentinel
  • Unstoppable
    • The block from Sentinel’s Unstoppable is now correctly set to 50% of the player’s maximum hp.

Cleric
Devout
  • Light of Divinity
    • The cost of Light of Divinity now properly decreases when the effect of battle prayer is triggered.
    • Light of Divinity now becomes highlighted when battle prayer activates if Swift Prayer is slotted

Fighter
General
  • Kneebreaker
    • Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds
Dreadnought
  • Commander's Strike and Mow Down now properly benefit from melee enhancing powers
  • Striker's Mark
    • The text was updated to match the current functionality. This allows Fighter daily powers to gain 400 bonus magnitude from any source of Physical Vulnerability Up but will also consume the debuff, whether applied by the Fighter or not.
  • Ricochet
    • Damage reduction from shield bounce has been lowered
    • Now has a 10% chance on powers that hit multiple targets to proc a Shield Throw without incurring a cooldown.

Paladin
Oathkeeper
  • Timely Intervention has been adjusted so that heals that would fully restore the target’s hit points without the effect of Timely Intervention now erect a Divine Barrier instead. The tooltip has been updated to reflect this change.

Warlock
General
  • Soul Spark
    • Text error fixed in description
Hellbringer
  • Blades of Vanquished Armies
    • AP generation increased
  • Power of the Nine Hells
    • Cursed Bite no longer summons a Soul Puppet
    • Infernal Spheres now summons a Soul Puppet on both activations
  • Fiery Bolt
    • Changed to 200 magnitude
    • Removed the AoE penalty
    • Cooldown time increased by 6 seconds
Soulweaver
  • Soul Scorch
    • AP generation increased
  • Vampiric Embrace now removes one detrimental effect from nearby allies and oneself in addition to its existing effects.

Wizard
Thaumaturge
  • Shatter Strike
    • Fixed an issue where Critical hits with a control power would proc shatter strike twice and ray of frost would proc shatter strike continuously.
  • Rimefire Weaving
    • Fixed a bug that was causing stacks of chill/smolder or rimefire smolder from other wizards to stack its damage increase.

Enemies and Encounters

Zariel’s Challenge
  • The outer radius of the damage area of Anthelion and Parhelion are no longer larger than expected.
  • Penance and Reprobation no longer function incorrectly due to latency.
  • Celestial Armory damage has been increased
  • Swordfll should no longer affect players with Resurrection Immunity
  • Fixed issues with Zariel’s audio getting interrupted
  • Zariel should no longer leave behind collision when she exits the platform

Comments

• liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Glad to see warlock got their cleanse ability back. That ability should ALWAYS remain on ALL healer classes, as a remove on others and on self.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Rimefire Smolder from Chilling Advantage doesn't crit. Moreover, Critical Conflagration has to be deactivated, else smolder/Rimefire is broken. As always Smolder deals minor damage, picking Chilling Advantage will reduce it even more.

Shatter Strike is fixed and Rimefire grants personal damage buff (15%, 10% if a second thauma is attacking the same target, don't ask why). The thaumaturge hence becomes worst dps paragon of whole game. Low spell magnitudes, long cooldowns, bad mechanics (smolder/rimefire is a mess since day 1) and boring gameplay. On preview, all wizards went thauma for new trial, now they'll go back to arcanist.
    Post edited by bifflinculte on
  • betepok#5883 betepok Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I dont understand too...why dont you give sentinel barb damage resistance, group shield or idk...omg , for the name of god reduce cool down for punishing charge at least or make come and get hard taunt and increase magnitude for blood letter ...gosh
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Cleric
    Devout

Light of Divinity
    The cost of Light of Divinity now properly decreases when the effect of battle prayer is triggered.
    Light of Divinity now becomes highlighted when battle prayer activates if Swift Prayer is slotted

Paladin
    Oathkeeper

• Timely Intervention has been adjusted so that heals that would fully restore the target’s hit points without the effect of Timely Intervention now erect a Divine Barrier instead. The tooltip has been updated to reflect this change.
    Players: The healers are not balanced, Paladin is way better.
    Cryptic: Don't worry, we'll make improvements to the Paladin so it's even better! And we might fix a bug or two for DC.
    Players: What???
    Cryptic: ...
    Players: What about SW?
    Cryptic: Wait, what? SW can be a healer? LMAO, I forgot. Don't worry, we'll make it better in, like, 2 years tops. Maybe. At least you have a cleanse now, go remove those annoying expedition debuffs while you wait.

PS: I know, I know. The change for Timely Intervention isn't really relevant. This is just a joke.
    Post edited by carloswartune#5709 on
  • ivanrichmaivanrichma Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2020
  • ivanrichmaivanrichma Member Posts: 21 Arc User
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Wizard
    Thaumaturge
    Shatter Strike
    Fixed an issue where Critical hits with a control power would proc shatter strike twice and ray of frost would proc shatter strike continuously.
    Rimefire Weaving
    Fixed a bug that was causing stacks of chill/smolder or rimefire smolder from other wizards to stack its damage increase.

Im always in for bug fixes but why do you guys insist on only fixing bugs that benefit players and not the ones that have been around for several months? Can any dev explain?

Several bugs have been reported about the wiz since mod16 and are yet to be addressed. Rimefire weaving lasted a mod, shatter stike 2 weeks, lightning bolt bugged since mod16, arcane powerfield bugged since mod16, storm spell still bugged on live (i know its been fixed on preview but wont be live till end of june). I cant understand your priorities.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Why no updates for Hunter Rangers?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • cecil2xs#3048 cecil2xs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Am I missing something? How is using unstoppable worse than not like people are saying?
  • rualkgreywolfrualkgreywolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Am I missing something? How is using unstoppable worse than not like people are saying?

Unstoppable makes you block anything that comes at you and the stamina regeneration is almost nonexistent. The issue is that you need to have some rage to activate it cannot be interrupted before the rage is depleted (except with a skill that specifically does that but it's not good enough to use it in hard contents). So basically you have this enrage that you need some resource to activate, that you cannot interrupt, that usually make you waste stamina, that doesn't reduce damage taken compared to the normal block, that leaves you defenseless, and that the only "buff" it gives is to make you attack faster... not exactly what a tank needs. I found myself using it much less in order to have the stamina to block the big hits, after the patch,
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Unstoppable makes you block anything that comes at you and the stamina regeneration is almost nonexistent. The issue is that you need to have some rage to activate it cannot be interrupted before the rage is depleted (except with a skill that specifically does that but it's not good enough to use it in hard contents). So basically you have this enrage that you need some resource to activate, that you cannot interrupt, that usually make you waste stamina, that doesn't reduce damage taken compared to the normal block, that leaves you defenseless, and that the only "buff" it gives is to make you attack faster... not exactly what a tank needs. I found myself using it much less in order to have the stamina to block the big hits, after the patch,
    Paladins have the same issue with their Tab mechanic. It burns divinity to use it and since most of our aggro or hard hitting powers for generating threat use divinity I never use it. On the plus side, at least unstoppable give full control immunity compared to the other 2 only giving immunity to most controlling effects. But yes the Tab mechanics should be reviewed and modified in my opinion.

All the best,

OPTank_
  • canuck1canuck1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Hello to the Devs.

Please stop nerfing stuff that actually benefits the characters without breaking the game. Please look at building classes up instead of tearing down.

As was said above - the thauma build was actually viable as a playstyle and now its totally useless - maybe you should have looked at trimming or adjusting it a little if it was WAY over damaging but totally nerfing was a worse option. I also have a Barb and the Sentinal build is brutal with this additional nerf - thank goodness you pushed the DPS back up (thank you)

Thauma was fun because it was good on Mobs and was finally good on single target again and I didnt have to play Arcanist for the millionth time in a row (PS Arcanist still needs Mob powers buff please).

Really - other than the DC which has 2 viable playstyles (including a way powerful DPS now) and the GF where tank and DPS is really good - none of your other playable classes have 2nd options that are actually viable other than for dabbling and killing mobs maybe.

Please build up to the better - its not like the Zariel loot has to be protected from too many groups running it.

Thank you for your consideration.
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Hey @nitocris83.

It is nice, that you want to buff the DPS Fighter (Dreadnought) next module, because in my opinion we will be in a very bad situation, especially after these buffs for Barbarians and Warlocks. Maybe we will be again the weakest dps class. But these changes are very minor and won't buff our damage very much. The only useful buff is the change on our Weight of Verngeance feat. The changes on Knee Breaker, Commanders Strike or Ricochet are useless because these skills/feats are still too weak to be used. I dont know, how you devs assess the situation, but the Fighter DPS will be still too weak next module. Maybe you have some data (from TOMM) that prove the opposite, but I and many other dps Fighters think that we are too weak and need a bigger buff. I have some suggestions for useful buffs, that would really increase our damage, from the Fighter thread:

- reduce the cast time of Griffons Wraths third hit (and remove that clunky animation)
    - Vigerous Strikes should increase the Critical Severity depending on the remaining stamina (instead of the Critical Chance)
    - Vengeful (vengeance gage above 50%) could increase our damage by 25% instead of 20%
    - increase the magnitude of Heavy Slash up to 150 (now 135)

Hopefully you will look at the DPS Fighter again. I am not sure whether you don't see our problem or you don't want to solve it (maybe Fighters should be forced to be a tank?). But I am looking forward for some more balancing changes before Mod 19 goes live. Thanks for reading.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

Hey @nitocris83.

It is nice, that you want to buff the DPS Fighter (Dreadnought) next module, because in my opinion we will be in a very bad situation, especially after these buffs for Barbarians and Warlocks. Maybe we will be again the weakest dps class. But these changes are very minor and won't buff our damage very much. The only useful buff is the change on our Weight of Verngeance feat. The changes on Knee Breaker, Commanders Strike or Ricochet are useless because these skills/feats are still too weak to be used. I dont know, how you devs assess the situation, but the Fighter DPS will be still too weak next module. Maybe you have some data (from TOMM) that prove the opposite, but I and many other dps Fighters think that we are too weak and need a bigger buff. I have some suggestions for useful buffs, that would really increase our damage, from the Fighter thread:

- reduce the cast time of Griffons Wraths third hit (and remove that clunky animation)
    - Vigerous Strikes should increase the Critical Severity depending on the remaining stamina (instead of the Critical Chance)
    - Vengeful (vengeance gage above 50%) could increase our damage by 25% instead of 20%
    - increase the magnitude of Heavy Slash up to 150 (now 135)

Hopefully you will look at the DPS Fighter again. I am not sure whether you don't see our problem or you don't want to solve it (maybe Fighters should be forced to be a tank?). But I am looking forward for some more balancing changes before Mod 19 goes live. Thanks for reading.

don't worry it will probably be the rangers at the bottom :))