test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm spell is dead, what do arcanists use now?

2»

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I dont have journal since I didn't meet gear reqs for tales at all until it was almost over.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    If you have trouble killing the mimics in LoMM, save your daily (arcane empowerment) for when the mimics spawn and then use it to kill them. Its a fairly effective tactic to deal with them. If you lack gear you may also want to consider using Lathander's Dew (consumable) to help with your AP gain so that you have it ready at each add phase. If the group's damage is high enough so that you can't get your daily back at each mimic phase, its high enough so that they can help you with the mimics as well.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I was able to kill them pre patch with arcane empowerment and soul sight crystal, all of mine.

now with the exact same things I cant.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The storm spell patch was not significant enough to stop you from killing them, so you were likely either being helped by someone else or inadvertently positioning for CA. But some things you could do specifically to make the mimics easier include using Nightmare Wizardry instead of Striking Advantage. I assume you are already using Entangling Force, Ray of Enfeeblement, Disintegrate and Repel as your rotation otherwise I would suggest that.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    gradii said:

I was able to kill them pre patch with arcane empowerment and soul sight crystal, all of mine.

now with the exact same things I cant.

How many runs pre-patch and how many post-patch? I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think you should just keep trying. At your power level, a string of non-crits makes a huge difference. You could have had a few unlucky attempts/runs (your group, unlucky non-crits, etc.).

If you were over stacking crit strike you would have been benefiting more from storm spell than was intended (SS "critting" over 50% cap, compared to now which doesn't crit at all). Even then, it is hard to imagine it making that big of a difference for you because despite all the worrying, once this made it to live and we tried it out, it didn't make a difference that we could notice. Of course, I don't think any who has replied to you is at 92k power.
    Post edited by utookmynick on
  • co2#1085 co2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I noticed that Storm Spell crits again. I guess since the launch of the new Mod 19 or one of the last patches on preview ...