test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

players that cause to much problems in dread ring

blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
i have been going to dread ring every Monday and Tuesday and and when i see players doing this that i noticed how they are not allowing any of the red wizards to spawn for how tired i am of seeing this HAMSTER and how the stealing and taken needs to go away well or we wouldn't be sitting here complaining in dread ring if players hadn't started this with there bad behavior but here screen shots https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/102463434_763311914204381_7350199431354595649_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQkibYYCD8l27-QEuruU-IDiSv1aoGEKhTVbBf6Du0pAy2VsWqkBTNR6QqqraxiBERTbwgvyXJSjQ7QEhu5qINwZ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=983dd3c0ad75b77fd8ff39e852ae7b33&oe=5F039B9A https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/101892166_763312067537699_1950188981681133928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQkYCc4e33Agr0z72BaAvlWS-8pE7PngE6tnPR1ol2FHqtfS4FODGJtb1HDAOe_J56tZBHR4KH36l5PryuS3M_GC&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=9399c7df8031a2f0505f867e335bb2a7&oe=5F036702

Answers

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Easiest thing I could suggest to you would be: don't run the Ring on Monday. The lair bonuses are Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    your not really helping with the problem for how it's not are job to clean up there messes they know they can kill the mobs but they dont for being lazy
  • Options
    Quest calls for killing the wizard. There is no obligation to kill their minions.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    you do not get why i made this post sounds useless with no help
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Those who do that are usually weak Rogue. They went there in stealth and kill. Then, run away. There is more or less nothing you can do to stop them. Did they do something wrong? Technically, no. There is no rule against them not killing everything. What was suggested is something you can do. I play 6 characters and all do Dread Ring weekly AD run. See this all the time for the past 5 years. This 'problem' is far from 'too much problem'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Those who do that are usually weak Rogue. They went there in stealth and kill. Then, run away. There is more or less nothing you can do to stop them. Did they do something wrong? Technically, no. There is no rule against them not killing everything. What was suggested is something you can do. I play 6 characters and all do Dread Ring weekly AD run. See this all the time for the past 5 years. This 'problem' is far from 'too much problem'.

been playing since mod5 and when i go out to dread ring on all my toon they dont have a problem taken everything why i dont leave stuff behind so the next player that comes out can have there turn why i cant stand the lazy ones why im not like that
  • Options
    edited June 2020

been playing since mod5 and when i go out to dread ring on all my toon they dont have a problem taken everything why i dont leave stuff behind so the next player that comes out can have there turn why i cant stand the lazy ones why im not like that
    As I said, there is nothing you can do about. There is no ground for Cryptic to punish players doing so either because there is no rule stated you must clean up everything or else. IMO, it is something Cryptic should fix (but they won't). The game should spawn the missing enemy after a while.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    i see players out in dread ring always cleaning up there lazy messes the same way i do because we have no way to get any red wizards cause they eat up are time for no reason cause i have alot of toons i would like to work on but cant because people do this none stop HAMSTER just to annoy us why cryptic needs to adjust the spawn rate on the red wizards or i wouldn't complain like everyone else why i dont like dread ring so much cause players that waste are time kind of suck
  • Options
    zee#8716 zee Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    When you go to certain area mess around a bit, then check other map zones for low population and change to a lower population zone. Works well for DR, WoD and Shar.
  • Options

i see players out in dread ring always cleaning up there lazy messes the same way i do because we have no way to get any red wizards cause they eat up are time for no reason cause i have alot of toons i would like to work on but cant because people do this none stop HAMSTER just to annoy us why cryptic needs to adjust the spawn rate on the red wizards or i wouldn't complain like everyone else why i dont like dread ring so much cause players that waste are time kind of suck

If you can prove to Cryptic that those players are doing it "just to annoy us" you might have a valid complaint.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    greywynd said:

are you done or are you going to keep picking on me

If I were picking on you I'd point out the lack of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
    How good of you to refrain from such immature attacks. A true example of a white knight.

To the OP - yes its annoying when they leave the other mobs and that stop the wizards from re-spawning. Pretty sure everyone knows its annoying and bad NWO ettiquette.

Sometimes if I'm travelling through that area, I'll clean up the left over mobs so the wizards will re-spawn.

Whilst it can be frustrating, it won't be high on Cryptic's priority list even if it was against T&C's.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    greywynd said:

If I were picking on you I'd point out the lack of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
    this is why i try to ignore you cause you are never any help you cause me problems and are a bully so stop posting to me
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    lantern22 said:

greywynd said:

How good of you to refrain from such immature attacks. A true example of a white knight.

To the OP - yes its annoying when they leave the other mobs and that stop the wizards from re-spawning. Pretty sure everyone knows its annoying and bad NWO ettiquette.

Sometimes if I'm travelling through that area, I'll clean up the left over mobs so the wizards will re-spawn.

Whilst it can be frustrating, it won't be high on Cryptic's priority list even if it was against T&C's.
    i do the same my self but if laziness wasn't a thing i know players would be doing that since i know we cant stop them from doing that
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @blackwolftundra I fully understand what you mean. The issue is they kill the red wizard and leave the minions behind. These minions remain in place until someone else kills them. It is sad these players don't ask for our help, when it is so obvious they can't kill off the entire mob. They are ashamed of being too weak and you are correct they create a problem. Where the better player such as ourselves must pick up the slack. These players should ask for assistance to kill these mobs or get some better gear to improve their game. This has been a long standing issue in the Dread Ring and some other adventure zones too. We all just need to pitch in and help the feeble players out the best we can.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    i agree i wish i could of posted a video here but haven't figured that part out yet should of invited this rogue when i saw them struggling but didn't think about it in time cause do have some 17.8k and 18.4k toons that have no issue with dread ring why i dont leave anything behind cause i have done that before but dont do it anymore since i know it's not a nice thing to do
  • Options

this is why i try to ignore you cause you are never any help you cause me problems and are a bully so stop posting to me

Please, give me a list of any problems I have caused you. I'll wait. Bully? That's a new one.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    @greywynd, you did not know that disgreeing with someone is bullying behavior?
  • Options
    Apparently.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

@blackwolftundra I fully understand what you mean. The issue is they kill the red wizard and leave the minions behind. These minions remain in place until someone else kills them. It is sad these players don't ask for our help, when it is so obvious they can't kill off the entire mob. They are ashamed of being too weak and you are correct they create a problem. Where the better player such as ourselves must pick up the slack. These players should ask for assistance to kill these mobs or get some better gear to improve their game. This has been a long standing issue in the Dread Ring and some other adventure zones too. We all just need to pitch in and help the feeble players out the best we can.

More likely players that can one shot the wizards, and then leave the rest of the mobs knowing it will annoy other players.

Apparently, this is acceptable behaviour because the quest doesn't specifically state to kill the entire group.
  • Options
    regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Your screen shot is of the low hanging fruit. EVERYONE goes after those close wizards. Red wizards are all over the map, go get other ones. 8/10 times I have to wait for a spawn in that first area. And I'm a rogue, an overpowered one at that. And yes, I do that. I stealth, kill the wizard, move to the next. Once I get far enough the mob hits the end of their rope and returns to wait for the wizard to respawn. No one is keeping them away from you, they are completing their weekly quest. Same as you.

I just noticed the post above mine, I do not do this to annoy other players, I do this to complete my quest and keep moving. What's it to other players if I kill the wizard or the mob, if I kill them all the mob spawns with the wizards again anyways.

Feel free to screen shot me if you see me there! Although, since I just admitted to doing this a screen shot doesn't help a lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    regpei said:

Your screen shot is of the low hanging fruit. EVERYONE goes after those close wizards. Red wizards are all over the map, go get other ones. 8/10 times I have to wait for a spawn in that first area. And I'm a rogue, an overpowered one at that. And yes, I do that. I stealth, kill the wizard, move to the next. Once I get far enough the mob hits the end of their rope and returns to wait for the wizard to respawn. No one is keeping them away from you, they are completing their weekly quest. Same as you.

I just noticed the post above mine, I do not do this to annoy other players, I do this to complete my quest and keep moving. What's it to other players if I kill the wizard or the mob, if I kill them all the mob spawns with the wizards again anyways.

Feel free to screen shot me if you see me there! Although, since I just admitted to doing this a screen shot doesn't help a lot.

If you don't kill the mob but the wizard, the mob will return BUT the wizard will NOT be spawned at all until someone else kills the rest of the mob. If you are the overpower rogue, killing the whole mob costs the same amount of time to kill only the wizard (one AOE encounter). At least, my rogue does. No need to do stealth at all.
  • Options
    regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User

regpei said:

If you don't kill the mob but the wizard, the mob will return BUT the wizard will NOT be spawned at all until someone else kills the rest of the mob. If you are the overpower rogue, killing the whole mob costs the same amount of time to kill only the wizard (one AOE encounter). At least, my rogue does. No need to do stealth at all.
    Ok, very fair point! I didn't realize the mob had to go before the wizard will respawn! I'll wipe the mob moving forward.
  • Options
    zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    A simple solution is to switch instance.

Click the blue button on the minimap or press M.

Go to an unpopulated zone. There is normally 4-5 zones open in the Dread Ring. A lot more if there's an event.

gl
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    zerappus said:

A simple solution is to switch instance.

Click the blue button on the minimap or press M.

Go to an unpopulated zone. There is normally 4-5 zones open in the Dread Ring. A lot more if there's an event.

gl

It takes 2 minutes to switch instance if one just arrives. It takes less than 2 minutes to finish the weekly AD quest and leave. Even if one cleans up the mob that does not have the wizard, it does not need 2 minutes for the wizard to spawn. If that area has no wizard, just go up the hill. There are many uphills. Go up there, kill wizards and mob and come back still take less than 2 minutes.
    I do 6 characters every week, I personally don't see this 'problem' is a real problem.
  • Options
    i have played this game for a very long time to know everything i used to do lazy things in sharadar where i never had to work for a thing why stopped doing that and dont do it in dread ring for how it didn't make me a better person why i dont do that anymore for how it made me a jerk since you still can find players still doing that