test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the Battle Worn Metal Rod?

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
Ok, we might as well get this started:
Where is the Battle Worn Metal Rod?

I have heard lots of rumors that it is off the insurgency bosses, but I have not been able to find someone that personally got a drop.
So for now that is an unfounded rumor.

Did anyone find the Battle Worn Metal Rod?

Comments

• tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have yet to claim it but some guild members have. It drops from Insurgency bossed but it gated behind RNG on top of RNG.
  • hiperion16#1663 hiperion16 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Three alliance members have gotten the battle Worn Metal Rod from insurgency bosses. I was personally in discord with one of them when it dropped, and once he obtained Marshall rank and could by the store rod he upgraded the forgers box to legendary. I hope this helps,even if knowing for sure cryptic hates us all by gating something behind three layers of RNG is fun and amazing.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Yes, that's what my guildies say too..insurgency bosses, and after today's changes, it seems we actually get bosses more often...and people can complete 2-4 insurgency events each round....big improvement.

I just wonder if there is an issue with the allocation of the rod.. .is it like the T-Rex in chult was initially - only the person who does the most damage to the boss gets it ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    My question is when people got the rod. Was it before or after the patch that fixed the Bel's timing. People whom I know got it before the patch. I haven't heard anyone getting one since. But maybe it is just the luck of the draw
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    I got 1 on one toon earlier this week, before the patch. Went directly into my inventory after the Insurgency boss died, before collecting the reward for completing.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
    I was wondering how rod drops were decided - randomly to anyone hitting the boss, whoever does most damage, the person who deals the killing blow or something else, so I decided to try something....when the instance hit 90%, I stopped fighting, placed myself where the boss spawns and waited with my biggest single-target encounter and daily ready to go.

we reach 100%, I blast the boss with the encounter, some other players hit him too, I blast my daily, boss dies, I get the rod.

Could be utterly random, of course, but I'm not complaining....
  • hiperion16#1663 hiperion16 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I was wondering how rod drops were decided - randomly to anyone hitting the boss, whoever does most damage, the person who deals the killing blow or something else, so I decided to try something....when the instance hit 90%, I stopped fighting, placed myself where the boss spawns and waited with my biggest single-target encounter and daily ready to go.

we reach 100%, I blast the boss with the encounter, some other players hit him too, I blast my daily, boss dies, I get the rod.

Could be utterly random, of course, but I'm not complaining....

I got the battle Worn Rod today on my main(Fighter). Boss came up(Bone Demon),we fought and everyone died but myself, I solo finished killing the boss and got it. I am not sure if the deathblow gives it or if that was just random. If it is from the killing blow that will majorly suck for low DPS/support classes to get and really unfair.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Since killing blow was how they were handing out credit toward amulet completion, it probably is here too. The rng is currently preventing the uproar over how unfair this is.
  • anzacnwanzacnw Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Yesterday during an insurgency round I was in an instance where one player got the rod, he posted the link immediately into the trade channel. Today another player posted it, also during an insurgency. As it is now so rare to get this drop I am quite sure everyone would post his drop as soon as he sees it. So I get the impression that during an insurgency phase there is always only one drop for the whole playerbase, usually from the 1st boss killed in a random instance. I know this sounds ridiculous and a competent team of developers and coders would never come up with such an idea. It would be as ridiculous as giving someone a legendary mount for each lockbox he opens. And we all know this would never ever ... oh wait.
  • mindfruit80mindfruit80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    OK seriously--the drop rate of this Battle Worn Metal Rod is less that a chance to get a legendary mount from a lockbox. I have passed 120 insurgencies & still nothing......FIX THE DROP RATE......Such a waste of time running 8 times a day for nothing. This game is going downhill very fast with no way back up--so many bugs lately & just things not working as they should--they fix 1 thing then seem to break 30 other things..
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    This is lame. I've killed at least 20 insurg bosses and no rod. Shouldn't be a double dose of rng for a necessary reagent.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'm between 150-200 with no rod.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Did the people who get the rod, already at marshall rank?

If i remember this correctly, there was a time when you needed the scale from the tyrant for the chain of scales, you could only get it, before you were at a stage, when you needed it.

Maybe this mess here is comparible.

For the record: Got the lore for killing them all, killed more than 20 and no rod
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

If i remember this correctly, there was a time when you needed the scale from the tyrant for the chain of scales, you could only get it, before you were at a stage, when you needed it.

Maybe this mess here is comparible.

My first rod was the one from Bel (last one you use), so probably not.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
    plan009 said:

My first rod was the one from Bel (last one you use), so probably not.

Correction, the Bel rod is not the last - it's #5 - you use it after the insurgency boss rod. The last rod is the one you get from the highest-rank boxes - but most players will only be able to buy those the day after tomorrow.

Back to the subject of the battle-worn rod. I did a survey in my alliance yesterday, and my estimate is that 5% of the players have managed to obtain the rod so far. Maybe this is supposed to last until the next mod is released - probably on June 30th.
  • zevra22zevra22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    This dumb drop rate and method of getting leveled to an epic version is a huge mistake, Cryptic. I have just about had it after almost 4 years. I have done endless insurgencies to no avail. I could understand it maybe for the last level...but for this? I am about to walk away.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    zevra22 said:

This dumb drop rate and method of getting leveled to an epic version is a huge mistake, Cryptic. I have just about had it after almost 4 years. I have done endless insurgencies to no avail. I could understand it maybe for the last level...but for this? I am about to walk away.

Let's see what is in tomorrows patch.

Personally I have given up on farming the Battle rod, just running insurgencies for Riftwarden rank promotion now.

But Cryptic can't really mean to have such a low droprate? I think it is a bug.
  • mrgray#6386 mrgray Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Still no Rod....even after update. There should be a mini boss after every rift. Cryptic....Fix it. Mini boss after every rift and more drops. This is ridiculous, I fell asleep doing insurgencies.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I have yet to claim it but some guild members have. It drops from Insurgency bossed but it gated behind RNG on top of RNG.

I have run a couple of dozen insurgencies. My first rod dropped on a toon that was running it for the first time. RNGesus does not love us all the same.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    On first day I was able to get the worn rod on my wizard and warlock in about 2.5hrs of insurgencies total. But, for the rest of the week it wouldn't drop on pally, cleric, or barbi doing about 6hrs throughout the day of insurgencies. Logging off and on every 2 hrs.

After patch update my arbiter got it in about an hour, barbi took about 4 hrs, while my pally took 7 hours over 2 days. Working on my another alt now...

Kinda bad drop rate still when it took 3 days to get the other 3 rods to drop for 6 alts but still better than pre patch on console.
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I received it on my 3rd boss. The head of our alliance has done over 200 bosses with no drop. RNG for this is silly, as the box does not seem to be powerful enough to warrant the grind.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Someone said they got theirs today.. after 40ish runs.. I'm around 130-140.. and still nada.. got the other rods no problem.. the drop rate on this sucker is as someone put it.. as rough as legendary mounts in lockboxes.. With the Bel meter not filling as fast as it used to farming becomes easier (just not).. I'm just hoping that playing a healer I'm not getting worse luck.. but it is what it is.. Once mod 19 drops.. this will prob become 5x harder to get.. and Bel will just not happen. Only time will tell.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    b0rkch0p said:

Someone said they got theirs today.. after 40ish runs.. I'm around 130-140.. and still nada.. got the other rods no problem.. the drop rate on this sucker is as someone put it.. as rough as legendary mounts in lockboxes.. With the Bel meter not filling as fast as it used to farming becomes easier (just not).. I'm just hoping that playing a healer I'm not getting worse luck.. but it is what it is.. Once mod 19 drops.. this will prob become 5x harder to get.. and Bel will just not happen. Only time will tell.

I don't have it on dps either, its really just rng... as always.
    - bye bye -
    rng with a weighted die ;p
    b0rkch0p said:

rng with a weighted die ;p

lol.. logged in.. and hit boss... and b00m. it dropped. I got the last hit on it.. wondering if that's how you get it.. you are the actual last person to kill it .. *shrugs.. I got mine.. =P
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    b0rkch0p said:

Some Cryptic dev posted that your chances to get the rod to drop is significantly higher in a group.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

b0rkch0p said:

Some Cryptic dev posted that your chances to get the rod to drop is significantly higher in a group.
    Thought for Bel rod, not for insurg rod?
    - bye bye -