test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Taking first boss TIC

I need some advice on how to tank it Im having problems. My tank is a fighter with 812k health and all defensive stats capped. My power is even 142k. Every time i get hit by the first boss it takes 100% of my stamina and half my life. Then i die on next hit. Im using 2 taunts encounters and the 50% stamina back encounter. Im using elven enchant as well. 27k item level. My fighter is ok damage for tic and i have beat it as dps many times but cant hold threat at all and get 2 shot over and over. Now that there are stamina bars im noticing other tanks lose far less stamina per hit from that boss. Any tips would help.

Comments

• Options
    airavis1#8164 airavis1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    OP heal stats 50% outgoing healing and 158k crit and power. Every time he heals with big AOE i only get 1 person with 100% shield and it totaly skips 1 or 2 others even though they have no damage. The rest get 5% at most. Now when i see other OP heals they have 75% most the time on everyone or at least every other heal. Now if i keep attacking to get dubble bubble crit procks i run out of power. What am i doing wrong. Seems the only toons they cant nerf enough are my DPS and cleric heal.
  • Options
    eclipse#6873 eclipse Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Wat is ur incoming healing, also i find that running shield throw, anvil, and bull charge works for me. I use the feat for anvil and the one that gives 5% stamina back when u use an encounter. Start off with shield throw and the boss will do a charge so u have to get out the way, after they charge use shield throw again and start throw a couple of swings before u hit anvil. This fight is mainly about stamina management, dont block everything i dont bother blocking his swipes unless its the frenzy swipe attack, it does less damage at the start and ramps up so u can eat the 1st few then use dig in to block the rest into retaliation. Next will be the tail stab attack usually if i remember right so u wanna get ur stamina back to be ready, after that its the poison sting where he flies into the air. Its the big hits u gotta worry about. If u can time a retaliation from his basic swings that helps with aggro alot imo
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    To not lose all your stamina, you have to use what you have. First of all, you have a mechanic called RETALIATE. This is very nice to use during the multiple swipes, as it lets you block some of those swipes without losing stamina.

You can read how it works on your character page (i think).

You have BRAZEN SLASH, which lets you get back stamina and a little hp for every hit. This is what you want to keep using if your stamina isn't full. When i started to run IC, I had 600k hp, and that was more than enough to not die to single swipes - so you can take this time to regain your stamina.

The tail stab/stinger is a hard hitting one, but this one you can just side step away from so you dont get hit.

The spines where he jumps, just go underneath it and block. rinse and repeat.

Have fun.
  • Options
    nordramor#3931 nordramor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    First boss in TIC has 3 big attacks, all of which can be dodged. You generally should not need to block his basic swipe attacks, as those are easy for your healer to handle, and you need to save Stamina.

First is his multi-swipe. He does this a few attacks after his charge. Usually easy to block, but it will drain most of your Stamina.

2 basic attacks later, he always does Tail Stab. You can dodge this. Since it is predictable, count the basic swipe attacks and start moving shortly after he finishes 2nd attack. He'll miss the tail stab entirely when done right and you take no damage.

1 basic attack after Tail Stab, he does Fly+Spine Toss. Move directly underneath him and you should not get hit by it, at all. But you can Block while under him just to be safe, in case you lag.

That's it. If done correctly, you take very little damage and most of it you can handle with block. It's about memorization and dodging, not taking the hits. Pretty much all of the bosses in TIC have simple 4-6 attack patterns, and as a tank, you need to memorize them so you know which hits to dodge, and which to block.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2020

First boss in TIC has 3 big attacks, all of which can be dodged. You generally should not need to block his basic swipe attacks, as those are easy for your healer to handle, and you need to save Stamina.

First is his multi-swipe. He does this a few attacks after his charge. Usually easy to block, but it will drain most of your Stamina.

2 basic attacks later, he always does Tail Stab. You can dodge this. Since it is predictable, count the basic swipe attacks and start moving shortly after he finishes 2nd attack. He'll miss the tail stab entirely when done right and you take no damage.

1 basic attack after Tail Stab, he does Fly+Spine Toss. Move directly underneath him and you should not get hit by it, at all. But you can Block while under him just to be safe, in case you lag.

That's it. If done correctly, you take very little damage and most of it you can handle with block. It's about memorization and dodging, not taking the hits. Pretty much all of the bosses in TIC have simple 4-6 attack patterns, and as a tank, you need to memorize them so you know which hits to dodge, and which to block.

This is the correct mechanic, and will add something to it..
    Get incoming heals as high as possible, and get a purple Elvenbattle Enchant (if needed) for 30% extra stamina regen.
    Also try to push up the Critical avoidance to 100+ (for this dungeon).
    Gladiator Gulle and Champion's Return insignia will help too

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    This link by TheAxolotl also has fantastic advice for tanking the first boss (or all of them).

• Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    rjc9000 said:

This link by TheAxolotl also has fantastic advice for tanking the first boss (or all of them).

Thanks for posting this link and would like to add something on the 2th boss fight.

DPS should also be aware that during the Tankbuster the tank is litterally smashed down and need to regain aggro as fast as possible..
    This means that when high end DPS players continues with massive DPS during the time the tank is down they risk to gain aggro fast and boss starts chasing the player.
    Best thing is that (especially for the big DPS cannons) the tanks gets like 2 seconds time to build up his aggro again after Tankbuster.

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    finmakin said:

rjc9000 said:

Thanks for posting this link and would like to add something on the 2th boss fight.

DPS should also be aware that during the Tankbuster the tank is litterally smashed down and need to regain aggro as fast as possible..
    This means that when high end DPS players continues with massive DPS during the time the tank is down they risk to gain aggro fast and boss starts chasing the player.
    Best thing is that (especially for the big DPS cannons) the tanks gets like 2 seconds time to build up his aggro again after Tankbuster.

I run both Paladin and Fighter tanks through tic. You don't need time to regain aggro as a tank from dps, even hard hitters. Just got to play smart and taunt right before it lands. That way dps can continue to melt him and hopefully skip phases. If low dps it doesn't really matter they can just keep attacking anyhow.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured