test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Warlock healer is weak

bysy#1313 bysy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hi, i want to say that warlock healers are very weak, the sparks management is very hard and the only one useless daily heal power is...well...useless.
I really like to play warlock healer, but the healing overtime effect added by Warlock's Bargain and Pillar of Power is too weak (Clerics overtime heal is as good as Shatter Spark).
Soul Spark, the power that regenerate sparks is hard to use in combat ( Clerics only pray and get divinity ), because you should focus only one enemy to get sparks back. It will be a better idea if that change from single target to aoe. If the entire party is low and my sparks are 0, but the DPS are good enough to kill enemies fast, is hard for me to get sparks from enemies, and if i try to get them by looking other way, i will die. But if the Soul Spark power is aoe, it will be easy for me to get sparks from all the enemies (at the same rate as single target, of course), so i can keep easly party alive.
The daily power is very very very bad, it heal nothing ( clerics can use 2/3 healign dailies, one is overtime, one is instant, and the 3 rd one heal you only if you get damage for more than 50% of your hp), clerics overtime encounter healing is as good as warlock daily (or better).
Soul reconstruction At-Will is weak too, and is very hard to use it when 1 player is low, but the entire party is in the same place. i think it will be better if this at-will will auto choose the lower player.
If is possible, please balance this class because is very interesting to play it, add more daily powers for healer and change the healing effect of encoutner powers.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Is hard to play as off char. if they re 150k+ power with 60% outgoing healing, yeah, is easy, but as cleric ,at 80k power with 10% outgoing healing i was able to heal even in lomm. with my 105k SW and 10% outgoing healing is hard to heal even in Demogorgon. That s what i saw playing 2 months warlock healer. i just want to say Clerics are much easier to play with low power ( at 125k i heal 100-300k, with daily 400+).
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    i won't go into this again for the 10000th time in the last year BUT in the latest stream they said changes were coming to healing paths and they didn't want warlocks to do the same ammount of healing as a cleric or a paladin, so you can draw your conclusions from that
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    bysy#1313 said:

Is hard to play as off char. if they re 150k+ power with 60% outgoing healing, yeah, is easy, but as cleric ,at 80k power with 10% outgoing healing i was able to heal even in lomm. with my 105k SW and 10% outgoing healing is hard to heal even in Demogorgon. That s what i saw playing 2 months warlock healer. i just want to say Clerics are much easier to play with low power ( at 125k i heal 100-300k, with daily 400+).

Finally someone that actually know what he is talking about

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @cwhitesidedev#9752

Could we ask for some clarification on what the vision is for Soulweaver design, given the comments shared on the road map stream?

I'm not of the opinion that Warlock is anything close to unplayable or terrible either as a DPS or as a Healer, but it's also not in the best place in terms of being broadly competitive and intuitive to use. With Soulweaver we have a healing class with very few useful healing abilities and some pseudo-DPS fluff. It has its strong points and can be played for any content, but it should say something that the majority of feedback appears to be negative.

If Soulweaver is intended to be a high-difficulty/high-reward option for more geared and skilled players, it would be nice to see the potential reward increased and the junk abilities revamped or tossed. I would like to see this, actually.

If it's intended to be more accessible to the average player, it needs more or better tools to handle its basic responsibilities since this player is not performing at the level that cares, say, about Pillar of Power damage buff uptime and is not yet capable of paying attention to multiple resource pools and maintaining high actions-per-minute at all times; they are still learning how to prevent party members from dying to routine damage.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Don't get me wrong, the class is not unplayable, if you are end game you can run everything but you can't also put it on the discussion or say something like warlock is the best healing class, because it isn't, it's not even close

A year ago i started to create new chars every couple of patches just so i could comapare them and also see through the eyes of a new player.

A new player with around 80/90k will strugle to heal stuff compared to a 80k power cleric that can probably run LOMM, the difference between healing magnitudes and class feats with outgoing healing makes the difference too big to be overcome by skill

You don't need to aim Shatter spark!! nice.. but it still has 400 magnitude (the lowest of the 3 classes)

Arrowstorm is really good!! yeah if you haven't played the game for the last 4 years... the situations where this encounter is good are too few everything has an huge aoe now, normally it's only used to apply warding curse for the 5% dmg debuff.

Pillar of power again... i see even end game players that know what it does completly ignore it mostly because, 1st area of effect is smal and if you stand in place to long you will get it by an aoe in the face ( and the buff only last 3 secs after you leave it)

And if i hear anyone say one more time that soul reconstruction is the best healing ability in the game i swear to god i will jump out of your screen and haunt for the rest of your life

After all this, accepting the fact that locks were made healers and always keeps getting HAMSTER on the dps path, you go on the stream and hear them say that they don't want to to heal as much as other classes, is just disheartning, like what the HAMSTER are we supposed to be good at? dps/hybrid? they removed killing flames from soulweaver, yeah you could run arrowstorm/curse bite to help in aoe.... buffer? they said they didn't want buffers in the game anymore like it used to be pre mod 16 so i'm realy expecting to hear what they want from the class
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    And also:

Warlock

Shatter spark - 400 magnitude heal
    Harrowstorm - 200 magnitude overtime heal
    Warlock's Bargain - 200 magnitude heal
    Soul Reconstruction - 200 magnitude heal
    Soul Pact (daily) - 500 magnitude heal + 10%dmg resistance and lose 2% of your hp for 10 secs

Cleric

Bastion of health - 700 magnite heal
    Healing word - 400 magnitude +250 over time
    Cleansing light - 400 magnitude heal
    Guardian of light (daily) - 600 magnitude heal+ 300 mag over time for 12 secs
    Intersection (encounter) - 1600 MAGNITUDE HEAL 23 secs cooldown (i think, i'm not in game to check it out)

And this just encounters between 2 classes, class features increase the disparity even more
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Comparing magnitudes doesn't show anything because Warlock can throw out heals and replenish Sparks far far faster than Cleric can replenish Divinity to throw another heal. If magnitudes were equal, Warlock spark replenishment would be completely broken.

From what devs have said, we can expect a rework or buffs next mod but the magnitude vs. magnitude thing isn't an actual argument. Devs have always flat out shot down straight comparisons since they are only part of the equation.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    pitshade said:

Comparing magnitudes doesn't show anything because Warlock can throw out heals and replenish Sparks far far faster than Cleric can replenish Divinity to throw another heal. If magnitudes were equal, Warlock spark replenishment would be completely broken.

yes you can replenish them somewhat faster but not as fast as you seem to think... you will also drain them faster compared to a cleric or even pladin that gets a free encounter cast every couple of at-wills.

You will need at least 2/3 shatter sparks to do the equivalent to 1 big crit of bastion of health and that takes away around 50%/60% of your sparks, if you already used essence drain(15 soulsparks regen, around 3 ''pips'' of our 5 combined with the feet) and have 15secs of cd that means you are HAMSTER because now you either wait for those 15 secs or have to use your at-wil to regen them and bare in mind ony the 3rd at-will restore an insignificant 2 soulsparks, meanwhile you have the cleric wich uses 1 bastion of health that consumes 100 divinity and the divinity it costs can be restored in 3 or 4 secs

It becomes hard to explain stuff in detail when english is not your mother tongue
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Just delete Soulweaver and make Warlock a pure DPS class. Being a hybrid class is wrong, not a full healer like the true healer in the game, and not a good DPS compared with pure DPS classes. Warlock starts the game as a DPS, Cleric is healer when you start it. They should be better healers, but Warlock is BIS healer for end game, because of Pillar of Power buff, and the damage mitigation tools. Cleric only can heal, Warlock have better party support, and Oathkeepers have the shield at cost of low healing. Healers are balanced.

For having a healer path, Warlock is condemned to be mediocre damage dealer.
  • Options
    giz#2086 said:

Just delete Soulweaver and make Warlock a pure DPS class. Being a hybrid class is wrong, not a full healer like the true healer in the game, and not a good DPS compared with pure DPS classes. Warlock starts the game as a DPS, Cleric is healer when you start it. They should be better healers, but Warlock is BIS healer for end game, because of Pillar of Power buff, and the damage mitigation tools. Cleric only can heal, Warlock have better party support, and Oathkeepers have the shield at cost of low healing. Healers are balanced.

For having a healer path, Warlock is condemned to be mediocre damage dealer.

Again.. true, as a support warlock is good but as a healer it isn't thats the whole point of the thread... and i agree 100% that we should have never been turned into a healer but it's their game and we just have to deal with it or move on, i personally chose the 2nd option for the last 2 months until ne next changes come through, they also said on the stream that should be changes this week on the preview (at least healer changes)

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I don't use the feat that adds a cooldown to Tab. That is probably why I don't seem to have issues throwing Shatterspark left and right to make up the difference in heal strength. Seriously, that feat is a handicap, adding a cooldown to powers that don't have one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

I don't use the feat that adds a cooldown to Tab. That is probably why I don't seem to have issues throwing Shatterspark left and right to make up the difference in heal strength. Seriously, that feat is a handicap, adding a cooldown to powers that don't have one.

come to think of i might go back for a couple of days and test it out
  • Options
    I don't recall having issues with using that particular feat. If anything it is sometimes easier to use since you don't need to spend so much time channeling and are free to continue casting and using Essence Defiler if nothing else to do. The important thing is not to let it sit on cooldown.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

i won't go into this again for the 10000th time in the last year BUT in the latest stream they said changes were coming to healing paths and they didn't want warlocks to do the same ammount of healing as a cleric or a paladin, so you can draw your conclusions from that

and that is just sad coming from someone on cryptic... i'm not english native myself, but the last part where he says "and being an OP, you know, it's hurtful to hear that" sounds to me as in 'because i main a paladin, i won't let them other classes like warlocks to heal as much as i can' - rather biased and unprofessional statement (but that must be just me!)

here's the clip:

https://www.twitch.tv/crypticstudios/clip/EphemeralSincereVanillaPJSugar

so there's been many posts out there talk about wanting different classes to be balanced, and they mostly refer to dps when they say that, but what about the healers? is this how we try to balance classes?

• Options
    Speaking of regen of divinity/ sparks, DC's can get them without being intrerrupted or hurt. if warlock's target die, he just stop from taking sparks, if that happen, i have to press again tab and hurt myself or just find another enemie to take sparks from him. i saw someone saying that is faster to get sparks... yes, is faster, but if i get a full bar, in the next second the bar is low because players can t avoid/block damage all the time. as cleric, if my bar is low, i just use a healing skill, pray for divinity ( because is faster after using a skill) and boom, heal again , party is full, after that i have all the time to regen full divinity.
    Yes, Warlocks may be "good end game" healers, but not all of us are end game healers. not all of us can get AD fast, not all of us have money to buy things from zen shop.
    I was in a party where tank got one shot (scorpions in lost mauth) and players just didn t avoided lava. guess what, healer s fault. Why? because i was not a cleric (that s what they said).
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    All those Warlocks comparing themselves with Cleric or Paladins heals is fun. They are the real healers in the game, they were healers before this stupid role change for Warlocks. They compare their heals with the original healer classes when DPS Cleric and even a BIS Paladin tank can outdps a Warlock ( a class that was presented as a striker heavy damage class XD ). But the saddest part is that Warlock is weak, no matter what they can do with it. It's a meme class, weak as healer and super weak as DPS.

As i said, healers are balanced, each class has their tools to support the party. And to be honest, a Warlock shouldn't never be better healer compared with Cleric or Paladin. But Soulweaver players should understand that their class is just a product of the devs laziness because they made Warlock a healer class instead of make a new healer class if they wanted holy trinity to be important again.
  • Options
    I compare my warlock with my cleric. They may be weak, but i m pretty good with it. I am better than 80% of paladin healers and 50% of clerics, in trials. The only probleme is: i Have to be prezent in battle 100% of time, watching my sparks and allies. As cleric i just presa 1 Button If someone is low, as warlock i Have to press all my abilities and even my daily to do the same. If in this game warlock is healer, please stop saying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about his healing. He should be as good as others. Ok, don t let him burst heal like DC, don t let him shield like Paladins, but let him heal more overtime pe something. I say here what i saw playing. Yes, a warlock have 2 HOT encounters, but they de useless, they re good only for 5% damage boost and 10%( i think) outgoing healing (both of them dor healing). Should i play 1 year without any fun to be a decent healer?
  • Options
    giz#2086 said:

when DPS Cleric and even a BIS Paladin tank can outdps a Warlock

#1 Arbiter is a legit DPS. We need to stop trying to shame this class by implying that it has no right to be decent at dealing damage. That being said, you are correct: Arbiter ST and AoE are currently superior. Arbiter is arguably a little overtuned at ST, but that doesn't mean everyone else is terrible.

#2 What?

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    vorphied said:

giz#2086 said:

when DPS Cleric and even a BIS Paladin tank can outdps a Warlock

#1 Arbiter is a legit DPS. We need to stop trying to shame this class by implying that it has no right to be decent at dealing damage. That being said, you are correct: Arbiter ST and AoE are currently superior. Arbiter is arguably a little overtuned at ST, but that doesn't mean everyone else is terrible.

#2 What?

The point is that ALL classes have their mod as META, optimal or top DPS except Hellbringer...Even a new DPS spec like Arbiter (i know they are legit DPS, i'm not trying to shame them, the only shame here is Warlock that is shunned for all content, only decent for support or healer but not as DPS ) . Warlock is trash, or bugged or super weak class. Never optimal as DPS. Mod 19... let's see what they have for us, i bet that some stupid buff that doesn't matter meanwhile other class is the favorite of the mod.