test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ticket #177258: Stamina Meter is not visible on the HUD, for my Paladin

helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
Logged a ticket with ARC help desk for Neverwinter, but was referred to the forum to post the issue here as a bug. It's weird, as the title of this thread states my stamina meter is no longer visible. Tried the HUD reset and nothing. Advice/help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,291 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Do you mean Guard meter and/or Divinity meter?
    I don't think there is stamina for Paladin. What is that supposed to do with Paladin who can't dodge or sprint?
    By the way, Fighter also does not have stamina meter because Fighter also can't dodge or sprint. He has a guard meter like Paladin.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey @leonidas#6308 Can you share a screenshot of your meters? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Here's a link to imgur

https://imgur.com/a/0qQMjDo

I don't know how to embed images in this forum
  • Options
    I think Palidins do have Stamina meters because when they reinforce, take the shield stance to block direct damage infront of them, it's metered by stamina.
  • Options

Hey @leonidas#6308 Can you share a screenshot of your meters? Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/0qQMjDo

Thanks for asking!
  • Options

I don't think there is stamina for Paladin. What is that supposed to do with Paladin who can't dodge or sprint?
    By the way, Fighter also does not have stamina meter because Fighter also can't dodge or sprint. He has a guard meter like Paladin.

Your comment threw me for a loop so I had to check and this is what I found:

Although Oathbound Paladins' shield work in a similar fashion, they do not have a Guard Meter mechanic, instead, they use stamina.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Stamina

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,291 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Your comment threw me for a loop so I had to check and this is what I found:

Although Oathbound Paladins' shield work in a similar fashion, they do not have a Guard Meter mechanic, instead, they use stamina.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Stamina
    That page is out-dated for a long time. last edited on 14 April 2019.

Before the re-work of Paladin (mod 16), it used to have stamina meter (above AP hexagon) and had no Guard meter. Now, it has a Guard meter and no stamina meter (above the AP hexagon) like Fighter. That web page still uses "Guardian Fighter" instead of Fighter, "Oathbound Paladin" instead of Paladin.

If you have a character which has stamina meter (above AP hexagon), move the mouse to it. You will see:
    "Your Stamina. This is use to perform Dodge and Sprint maneuvers"

Fighter and Paladin cannot dodge or sprint.

In your picture, the blue arc in the left side of your character is the guard meter.
    The yellow arc in the right side of your character is divinity meter.
    If you move the mouse cursor to them, you will see: "Guard: 100/100" and "Divinity: 1,000/1,000".
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Paladin has it on the left side near middle of screen. Tanks cant use stamina to dodge, they use it to block, so the meter is in a different location.