test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Citadel on Low Geared Characters

Comments

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    So.

In the time that new players are acquiring the AD to spend on the correct companions, the correct mounts, the correct artifacts, the correct 3pc set, they will likely be running Master Expeditions to finance all of this, and during the course of all those ME's, they will likely acquire the Ebonized rings. So my recommendation to them would be to use those Ebonized rings while obtaining all of the rest of the more LONG TERM gear that they will need for laying the foundation of future success.

If, after all that, they want to spend AD on TOMM rings, then that is on them.

But not before they have the bondings, mounts, companions, etc., already firmly in place.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    chemjeff said:

The "correct" way to progress in module 18 is to farm juma ad nausium, collect 100,000 AD each day and then buy or craft bondings + 2 rings. Farm the gear you need and get some random rank 8 or 9 enchantments. Unlock the necessary campaigns for the dungeons you want to run and if you wish to, sort out your boons (they add a very small amount to stats, they are optional, not mandatory). Mod 20, in case you were aware, is almost year away. A new player has plenty of time in between now and then to take advantage of having them.

Those artifacts you think are so important are worse than equipping a ToMM ring in terms of AD - Stats. Aside from ranking up a main artifact, you would want to buy ToMM rings first.

This is so short-sighted.

Bondings - we agree, very important, rank those up first.

But all the rest - you are neglecting all the other things that new players have to do to upgrade their character, that will help them in the LONG TERM.

Such as:

Upgrading their primary augment companion.
    Acquiring their five active companions, and upgrading them.
    Acquiring the mounts for the correct insignia bonuses - the ones with the good bonuses, aren't cheap (obviously).
    Getting an epic mount (not so useful for stats, but definitely useful for long-term QOL).
    Getting four actual artifacts, not just 1 artifact and 3 fake ones from the Undermountain starter pack, and refining them to at least epic.
    Getting the gear for the correct 3pc neck-waist-arti bonus that they will be using.
    Getting high-rank runestones for their companion gear.
    Getting enchantments for their gear - which, while not providing so much in stats, DO provide long-term WEALTH for their character should the meta change and they need to readjust their character.

These upgrades will help the player in the LONG TERM, way more than a single TOMM ring.

After all the devs have already said that they want to make it impossible for us to cap our stats for new content. So, I would rather have new characters invest in TRADE-ABLE versions of stats (enchants, runes) in order to swap around stats, rather than ones that are not.

• Legendary companion - Worth ~8k stats. Cost is greater than 200k AD.
    • 3 Secondary Artifacts - Worth ~8k stats. Cost is greater than 200k AD.
    • Epic Mount - Worth ~5k stats. Cost is 200k AD.
    • Runestones - Rank 9 gives 600 power, rank 14 gives 1116, so 560 difference on each. Assuming you had 5 offense slots, you would gain roughly (I am probably wrong, I am tired and too lazy to do the maths) 8000 stats going from 9 to 14. It would also cost you 5.4 million, not 200k AD.
    • 3 piece set - can make the same argument you made for rings, especially since this will probably be replaced every mod not in the long term. The bonus is also like a ~2-3% increase, so really not a big deal at all considering the price compared to the rings.
    You want some actual useful advice for a new player?
    1. Get an epic mount from juma bags, if you grind them for a week you will probably get more than 1, the others can be used to slot insignias into.
    2. Get pets from juma bags, grinding them should if you are lucky give the epic pets you need and if you are unlucky give decent enough substitutes to tide you over for a while. An epic pet with good (but not ideal) stats should be good enough. One of them will likely be an augment and that can fill the augment slot.
    3. Rank 9 enchantments and runestones are fine.
    4. Active artifact is the only one that matters a lot.
    The best part about this thread, by the way, is that those characters were not using any mounts or companions and their enchantments were lower than R9, so all of this is utterly irrelevant to my initial point, which was a character using the gear illustrated, which is reasonably obtainable, can complete Infernal Citadel. If they want to obtain that extra stuff, sure. It will just make the dungeon easier.
    Again. It's about LONG TERM character development.
    Your advice is analogous to cramming before a test. It might work to help pass a particular test, but it is not a good habit and it doesn't promote personal growth.
    edited March 2020
    chemjeff said:

Again. It's about LONG TERM character development.
    Your advice is analogous to cramming before a test. It might work to help pass a particular test, but it is not a good habit and it doesn't promote personal growth.

My advice gets you a functional character that can farm most content aside from ToMM. After that point I would recommend a player sets aside 80-90% of all AD they earn to convert to zen, so that during the jubilee when it arrives they can buy VIP 12, buy a few pres wards, flip them immediately, farm ~1000 boxes of protectors bounty so they can flip marks and then during the event they would easily be able to rack up at minimum 20-30 million AD. If they also manage to get enough boxes so that they can wait for another mark discount outside the event, they could potentially end up with 70-80 million AD.

That advice would have them completely bis, in every single way including legendary mount of choice, within the next 6 months. If they are a bit more clever than that, they could end up finishing up their character quite a bit sooner. And that is the worst case scenario. But sure, they can "rank up artifacts" as if that gets them anywhere.
    Sorry but the math does not quite work out for your analysis.

A player has to first invest millions in order to make millions in profit by flipping marks, even during the Jubilee.
    Assuming a profit margin of 50%, which is high even by Neverwinter standards, in order to earn 20 million AD in profit, a player would have to invest 40 million AD.

If a new player earns 100k AD per day, and sets aside 80-90% of it for conversion to Zen as you recommend, and if that player saves up for an entire year for the Jubilee event without spending any of it, that player will then have have between 3.6 million AD and 7.3 million AD. Not 40 million. Sure this player might also get a few lucky drops from dungeons, and even considering flipping a few pres wards for AD, it's not going to be enough to fill the 30+ million AD shortfall.

In order to turn, say, 5 million AD into 20 million AD of profit, the profit margin would have to be 400%. The Jubilee discounts are big, but not THAT big.

So your strategy is a good one for making AD, I have used a similar strategy myself, but it isn't going to get a new player to BIS status in 6 months. It will definitely help towards progression though.
    chemjeff said:

Sorry but the math does not quite work out for your analysis.

A player has to first invest millions in order to make millions in profit by flipping marks, even during the Jubilee.
    Assuming a profit margin of 50%, which is high even by Neverwinter standards, in order to earn 20 million AD in profit, a player would have to invest 40 million AD.

If a new player earns 100k AD per day, and sets aside 80-90% of it for conversion to Zen as you recommend, and if that player saves up for an entire year for the Jubilee event without spending any of it, that player will then have have between 3.6 million AD and 7.3 million AD. Not 40 million. Sure this player might also get a few lucky drops from dungeons, and even considering flipping a few pres wards for AD, it's not going to be enough to fill the 30+ million AD shortfall.

In order to turn, say, 5 million AD into 20 million AD of profit, the profit margin would have to be 400%. The Jubilee discounts are big, but not THAT big.

So your strategy is a good one for making AD, I have used a similar strategy myself, but it isn't going to get a new player to BIS status in 6 months. It will definitely help towards progression though.

You did not read what I wrote.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/compoundinterest.asp

I meant this ^

Well, not quite this, but similar mechanic. You use the same formula to calculate the net result, just over a much shorter time period. You don't wait until after the event in order to sell, you sell DURING the event. Buy marks, list, sell almost immediately, buy more, sell those, repeat. You do this until the discount runs out. I have a friend who 2 years ago, had only 2 million AD before the event started, I told them to do this. At the end of the event they had 60 million AD. Now, I don't assume everyone has the entire week off like they did and devotes all that time to just farming vouchers and flipping marks, but 20-30 million is still reasonably achievable within that time span.

That player now by the way, has I think around 500 million AD and all they did was listen to my advice when I gave it.

It isn't very efficient if you have say, 3 billion AD and you want to flip it, because you cannot possibly process that volume of sales within that time period, but if you are still in the 10's of millions, its a great way to multiply your AD by a massive margin. I have told multiple people to do this before, every single one of the ones who did do it, has ended up with large quantities of AD.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

If a new player earns 100k AD per day, and sets aside 80-90% of it for conversion to Zen as you recommend, and if that player saves up for an entire year for the Jubilee event without spending any of it, that player will then have have between 3.6 million AD and 7.3 million AD. Not 40 million.

Hmm just to point out, 100k * 365 is 36.5mil
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I want to point out that whatever way you figure out to earn through AH, you better keep that as secret (as less people know or execute it the better). Otherwise, you will either lose your profit margin or get nerf'ed (directly or indirectly).
    How would a new player figure that out? No idea. Certain idea was good but could get burnt in next round(s).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I want to point out that whatever way you figure out to earn through AH, you better keep that as secret (as less people know or execute it the better). Otherwise, you will either lose your profit margin or get nerf'ed (directly or indirectly).

This particular method is an open secret, that of coarse would not work if everyone did it, but for some reason most people do not even though its not exactly a secret, so there is no point to "hide" it. It should also probably be fixed (in my opinion) because its not healthy for the game's economy to be ran by a single event, which it basically is at the moment.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited March 2020

This particular method is an open secret, that of coarse would not work if everyone did it, but for some reason most people do not even though its not exactly a secret, so there is no point to "hide" it. It should also probably be fixed (in my opinion) because its not healthy for the game's economy to be ran by a single event, which it basically is at the moment.
    My comment was not meant to point to this particular "method" or you but every not so obvious ways to earn AD in general. I should have opened my paragraph with: "There are many ways to earn AD. I wanted to point ....."
    I had that opening in my mind but somehow forgot to write that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Good stuff. I can hear it now.

"B...b...b..but if it's not the gear holding us back, what else could it be?!?"

Must be the internet connection.
    Or the keyboard/controller I'm using.
    Or the fact I didn't have a morning coffee.
    Or that the other DPS were stealing my lead epeen chart spot.
    Or that the healer wasn't solo healing me so I can stand in red areas.

... What do you mean the problem exists between keyboard and chair?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/compoundinterest.asp

I meant this ^

Well, not quite this, but similar mechanic.

*puts on a pair of stupid nerdy glasses*

*akshually*, This isn't actually interest because the Bank of Sharp™ doesn't lend money and charge a fee for the use of that money.

0/10, unsubscribed :trollface:

I could play the Auction House and finance game, using the AD I earn during events to get a profit, then flip that money to grow my business and/or store items to sell for later, and eventually have loads of AD floating around by doing smart business.

... Or I could be forced to earn income through running random queues and have to deal with people that like standing in red areas, scaredy cat tanks that refuse to engage enemies, and healers that don't know what to do when the game decides to forces a "sit and get healed" mechanic, then blame it on my class being weak and use it as grounds for begging for base damage increases.

Isn't this an obvious choice?
    Only one of these options allows me to have qq rights. :naughty:

• vitherborthvitherborth Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    @thefabricant
    In your opinion is IC doable with a cleric healer in place of the op in the second type of run you did?

@thefabricant
    In your opinion is IC doable with a cleric healer in place of the op in the second type of run you did?

I would guess probably not, purely because the GF doesn't have much HP and would be 1 shot.
    edited March 2020

@thefabricant

I would guess probably not, purely because the GF doesn't have much HP and would be 1 shot.
    I'd like to try it with my guild mates that are on par with me, using stone of health, and consumable.
    We are:
    Healer Dc 214 critical 150 power
    Tank Op 670hp
    For the dps they should be ok, because have attack stats capped and ~150 power

Still impossible? How many hp does the tank need for using a dc as a healer?

Thanks for the answer

@thefabricant

I'd like to try it with my guild mates that are on par with me, using stone of health, and consumable.
    We are:
    Tank Op 670hp

Thanks for the answer
    More than possible with those stats. You can also do ToMM with those.

Stones of health and consumables are nice, but once you learn the mechanics there and positioning, also can be skipped.
    Though the better the DPS the easier the whole process as it faster and less chance for mistakes, Healer (any type) runs out of divinity or sparks, and everyone run into fire because no room left. So some consumables for DPS are nice, use those that remain after death.

@thefabricant

We are:
    Tank Op 670hp

Thanks for the answer
    What janne said above, those stats are fine.
    Good to hear!
    For tomm we asked the big guys in the guild and they said we have low enchantment, specifically armor and weapon ones so never tried it, but we will surely try ic.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    In all the TiC runs I've done the most challanging job I've seen is for the tank. Finding a solid tank that doesn't panic during 2nd boss and can keep control of him is a challange. DPS can bob and weave in and out and live without issues provided they know the mechanics! When I steal aggro as DPS I can usually kite the boss around the outside till the tank grabs it again!

This dungeon can be run by many players who are not BiS but it needs to be controlled and the mechanics need to be learned. So many just want to jump into the run and be carried with no training, practice, and many who have not even watched a video. Should this be required for end game dungeons? I think yes, it's not meant to be a walk in the park. We train as an alliance for ToMM and for TiC. And I'm very sure if we tried, we could do TiC in a 4 person party without much issue. We have a solid flow that works after spending a few hours in there training.

As for comments on the 3rd boss, he's awesome but he sucks. The red circles are far from consistant and half the time bombs fall with no red circles on the ground. With a little planning ALL dps goes as if they had bombs weather they have them or not. Keeps from BUGS getting in the way of the run! Communication and planning is what did it for us.

It's been touched on a few times in here already but gear is not the end all be all for most content. Rotation, playstyle, and mechanics learned is a huge gap atm. ToMM is so hard because people can't keep up with the mechanics. Once you can stay on top of the mechanics the DPS will flow, the boss will die. Start getting debuffed, few stacks of res sickness, and have someone fall off the platform your group may as well wipe. It's so hard to get into a ToMM group to get weapons without being BiS for this very reason. The groups want to finish when people fail the mechanics and ensuring everyone is BiS helps with this.

And for the record, I don't have my Lionheart weapons. I have the mainhand and 11/20 scrolls but can't get into finisher groups without the weapons. I have to rely on my friends and those who've taught me the mechanics to get me into runs until I get my weapons. Catch 22 but I get it, this HAMSTER ain't easy!
    edited March 2020
    reg1981 said:

The red circles issue is always the first one which is not on the whole group. It appears on one person, but in practice it's on either 2 or more. So everyone should group up. But it always happens to the first "personal" and not after.

This usually happens after the second group circles - So you get circles x 5, circles x5, circles x1 bugged, and everyone need to treat it as x5.

I've reported it long ago.

Yes, the higher the gear the more margin you have for both mistakes and "lazyness". Lower gear forces to be more perfect on the mechanics, or even sometimes do some additional mechanics which otherwise skipped. But in many cases what other think of as too low gear is actually doable. And I don't talk about this thread, I mean in general, just takes more training and more hours of trying. Honestly with the right group, the trying and failing for very long time, and then getting it right can be more fun than succeeding. In some groups it is just frustration.

Disclaimer: The bugged thing happened to me in the sequence described over multiple runs, YMMV.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on

After that point I would recommend a player sets aside 80-90% of all AD they earn to convert to zen, so that during the jubilee when it arrives they can buy VIP 12, buy a few pres wards, flip them immediately, farm ~1000 boxes of protectors bounty so they can flip marks and then during the event they would easily be able to rack up at minimum 20-30 million AD. If they also manage to get enough boxes so that they can wait for another mark discount outside the event, they could potentially end up with 70-80 million AD.

That advice would have them completely bis, in every single way including legendary mount of choice, within the next 6 months. If they are a bit more clever than that, they could end up finishing up their character quite a bit sooner. And that is the worst case scenario. But sure, they can "rank up artifacts" as if that gets them anywhere.

1. That is the most sad thing I have read in many years, except the war, famine and epidemy Newspapers.
    Could this be in the official tutorial of Neverwinter? It seems fair because it is the only way to progress in any meaningful manner.
    -Adventurer, you start your journey that leads to many heroic deeds. To progress along the way you must flip something in AH. If you buy from AH, you are the low level plancton real heros feed upon.-
    2. How much zen at first for VIP 12?
    3. How much more zen for coals?
    =4. How much time need it to save as low level before being able to achieve point 2?=
    5. How come from the profit of few coals can flip marks for 30 mil AD?
    I lost the count of zen and months after that.
    You don't need much AD, as I pointed out to chemjeff in a response earlier in this thread, you are essentially taking a small amount and multiplying it by a lot in a short period of time. Say you sell everything you have once a minute, for 30 minutes, with a 10% profit on each sale. You initially have 2 million AD.

2,000,000(1+0.1)^30=34898804 ~~ 34.8 million. Assuming you have 5 months before the Jubilee, that is enough time to earn 9m ad, and convert it to zen (I am assuming it takes 2 months to convert), which is enough to buy VIP 12 and get this ball rolling.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

You don't need much AD, as I pointed out to chemjeff in a response earlier in this thread, you are essentially taking a small amount and multiplying it by a lot in a short period of time. Say you sell everything you have once a minute, for 30 minutes, with a 10% profit on each sale. You initially have 2 million AD.

2,000,000(1+0.1)^30=34898804 ~~ 34.8 million. Assuming you have 5 months before the Jubilee, that is enough time to earn 9m ad, and convert it to zen (I am assuming it takes 2 months to convert), which is enough to buy VIP 12 and get this ball rolling.

You missed the point edgelord. The point was, that in a game themed around being the plucky hero that saves discount Middle Earth(:trollface:) the world, the best way to gear up is to ... play the entrepreneurship minigame, rather than slaying the big bad end person/dragon/monster/etc and finding your favorite loot from their hoard.

But, otherwise, yes, I do love how the one thing stopping everyone from gearing up in this game is a lack of patience/boredom from doing the farm events (maybe because profit margins and grinding out day by day remind people of the real world?).

edited March 2020

Ty.It makes sense. It is the best advice I have ever seen.
    Too bad that I have an ethical problem, but for others is the best advice ever.

This doesn't come at "the expense of the small people".

That process lowers the price of marks, and comes of at the expense of the AD sink of the WB. People always free to buy from there directly, at the nominal prices.

Wards are a choice, anyone who buys on the AH is free to do the same conversion to ZEN, wait 6 weeks, and buy at the ZEN store. It's a choice to wait or not to wait, and "fast shipping" costs premium.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    rjc9000 said:

You missed the point edgelord. The point was, that in a game themed around being the plucky hero that saves discount Middle Earth(:trollface:) the world, the best way to gear up is to ... play the entrepreneurship minigame, rather than slaying the big bad end person/dragon/monster/etc and finding your favorite loot from their hoard.

Plenty of players I know don't play the entrepreneurship minigame, and are doing reasonnably fine AD-wise.
    Took them more time (much more) than with a real economic plan to get an equipement comfortable enough to do easily all the content (except ToMM maybe), but some of the casual guildies (playtime 1h/day on average) who started the game 1 or 2 years ago are TiC able today.
    rjc9000 said:

But, otherwise, yes, I do love how the one thing stopping everyone from gearing up in this game is a lack of patience/boredom from doing the farm events (maybe because profit margins and grinding out day by day remind people of the real world?).

That's much true and not only for NWO but for most of the MMORPGs, especially the free-to-play ones : the game tests your patience, boredom and addiction in order to trigger a compulsive desire to buy things with real money in the cash shop (because devs, them, are living in the real world and need to be paid).

These discussions are sometimes schizophrenic (edit : or more a kind of a dissociative identity disorder on the community scale ^^ [not individually :P not personnal ^^]).
    Everyone has his own pace, the problem is the mindset :
    people want to feel a real progression in the game, but at the same time are refusing to spend time (6months-1year-2years) to grow, progress, learn and reach a good spot. Because it's like "working".
    And if they rush to the endgame in 3 months then they will say some weeks later that the game is boring and there is nothing interesting or challenging to do......
    edited March 2020

@thefabricant Ty.It makes sense. It is the best advice I have ever seen.
    Too bad that I have an ethical problem, but for others is the best advice ever.

@magdalena#1708 I won't try to change your mind. Whilst I personally do not share that particular philosophy, I do at least understand it. Instead I will offer you an alternative, that will maybe satisfy you.

In the 9th month of this year, there will be a new professions update to masterwork. For a brief period of time, this means professions will be a viable method to generate income. Now, I know you have no interest in crafting items, but there are 2 aspects to masterwork. The first is crafting, but the second is resource gathering. Buying charts and collecting resources then selling them to crafters is a method to generate a fair amount of AD. It is not as lucrative as what I outlined above, or any method that involves market manipulation, but it is still a way to potentially earn ~20,000 refined AD per minute farming charts.

The people who are buying those materials, are not new players. They are old players with a lot of AD, 100's of millions if not billions of AD. They can more than afford to buy those materials and their growth is not harmed by doing so. This poses a different "ethical dilemma," I am not sure if it is one that is also abhorrent to you, but it is closer to "going out and farming ones AD," than market manipulation is.

It is a brief window of time in which it is profitable, before market saturation sets in and the value bites the dust and its not something a new player can really go in and plan to do. But if you personally are looking for a way to accelerate your progression without touching the market, I guess that will help.

Also, I will guess most of this is not news to you anyhow but I will like it regardless:
    https://guides.jannenw.info/2020/02/18/neverwinter-basics-intro-to-basic-agriculture-and-commerce/
    Maybe it helps you, maybe it doesn't. No harm in sharing the link. Its a good guide on different ways to make AD by Janne.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

That's much true and not only for NWO but for most of the MMORPGs, especially the free-to-play ones : the game tests your patience, boredom and addiction in order to trigger a compulsive desire to buy things with real money in the cash shop (because devs, them, are living in the real world and need to be paid).

These discussions are sometimes schizophrenic. Everyone has his own pace, the problem is the mindset : people want to feel a real progression in the game, but at the same time are refusing to spend time (6months-1year-2years) to grow, progress, learn and reach a good spot. Because it's like "working". And if they rush to the endgame in 3 months then they will say some weeks later that the game is boring and there is nothing interesting or challenging to do......

The problem is not that people refuses to spend time. The problem is that people refuses to spend time in something that will be obsolete in 3 months. Specially the casual players. I hope this is going to change in future mots watching the latest rewards CDP (crossing fingers).

Everyone wants to progress. Everyone wants to progress in the most efficient way. In this game spending 30 mins in AH reports you more income than spending 30 mins playing. Is a core problem.

So people who doesnt spend money, tends to balance their time, spending part of the gaming time in the AH minigame and the rest in the content that is fun for them.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2020

In this game spending 30 mins in AH reports you more income than spending 30 mins playing. Is a core problem.

I am yet to see a MMORPG with an AH system where it's not the case :P (and i play MMORPGs since Ultima Online, but maybe i have missed some were it was not the case, i can admit that easily ^^). As soon as you have the knowledge and the observational ability, and can manipulate a bit the market, or can ride on its waves, or store/profit during low/high peaks, you can make tons of the local virtual currency.
    Smart invests/AH & events play has always been my most efficient way to make myself quickly wealthy on a MMORPG (with sometimes combinations like "killing two birds with one stone" ideas to prepare my "AH operations").

It's wild capitalism everywhere bro :P (not that I think it is an absolute good thing though ;) )

30 min on the AH is for me 30 minutes playing the game, as it is part of the game too, and even though i'm only looking at a window and prices and not bashing any monsters.
    By the way, sitting on a chair in the hall of my guild, role-playing a virtual political issue during 2hours with some guildmates, or organizing and animating for my ally a Miss & Mister election, is also playing the game for me, even though i'm just typing or "discording" and making no AD doing that (and even give millions of AD in AH equivalent as rewards for the ones who are elected miss & mister :P).

Edit : and i was very happy about players needing so much srolls of healing during the first week TiC was available. rising the usual prices. I made millions selling my accumulated huge stock I never needed :P [because i don't consume my scrolls in fact, i prefer a wipe rather than scrolling my way through a dungeon ^^. And by the way, thanks with the current tamarlune off prices, i just remade all my stock and am prepared for the incoming new trial obivous rising prices on AH :D
    Maybe i should buy some on AH today as they are kind of on a low peak ? :P]
    edited March 2020
    Huh. I did not know about this "open secret". Thanks for sharing.

I also agree with magdalena that it seems too much like ripping people off. When I have bought marks for "flipping" it was always after the event had ended, when the market price of the marks had returned back to its original level. Not trying to take advantage of an obvious market failure.