test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MSVA chests

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
Msva shows up a lot in the random que. and that's fine but it's the only trial that has no free chest and no chest that has an easily earnable key and the rewards table is different and more pointless than the other ques. can something be done to fix this. can we earn the keys with normal skt currency instead of dead impossible to get currency? can we have a free chest. can you get rid of the marks that no one uses?

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    IIRC one of the chests doesn't accept reroll tokens and eats your AD as if you don't notice.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    @pitshade yuck. I had no idea. ty for pointing it out.

I like msva but sure would like to see this fixed. it makes it a very pointless trial to run.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I just abandon it when I get it anymore as getting the keys for it is too much like work.

I honestly would like the reroll tokens replaced with the epic dungeon chest keys that we had before. Or better yet, give us both reroll tokens and epic dungeon chest keys. No more potions of health, I dont' use em anyhow, I just sell em for gold. I also keep getting epic dungeons that require me to farm AI quests for keys. And now that my important toons have the boon points from AI, I am boycotting that content as it was the absolute worst campaign ever(I haven't beeninto any AI content since Nov). AI was even worse than Uprising, oh wait Uprising wasn't a campaign, or even a full mod. More of a mod 16b...
  • Options

I just abandon it when I get it anymore as getting the keys for it is too much like work.

I honestly would like the reroll tokens replaced with the epic dungeon chest keys that we had before. Or better yet, give us both reroll tokens and epic dungeon chest keys. No more potions of health, I dont' use em anyhow, I just sell em for gold. I also keep getting epic dungeons that require me to farm AI quests for keys. And now that my important toons have the boon points from AI, I am boycotting that content as it was the absolute worst campaign ever(I haven't beeninto any AI content since Nov). AI was even worse than Uprising, oh wait Uprising wasn't a campaign, or even a full mod. More of a mod 16b...

no keys have ever worked with these chests other than legendary keys and the currency made keys
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User

This kind of behavior is very disruptive to other players and demoralizes some from playing. Here is why:

Some players only have time to run one set of randoms per day and they need it for the AD. A DPS must wait 20 - 40 minutes just to get into a queue. Once there... they might fire up 5k worth of consumables. Then a player or disconnects and forces the rest of the team to wait and cross their fingers that everyone doesn't start quitting. Once in... if more peeps quit, they find themselves dying because the few remaining players have to absorb all the hits. They might burn a few Mass Life pots.

At the end of the day.. a string of peeps quitting for 'convenience' makes a mission take twice as long for the remaining players and they get half the reward... or burn 10k in consumables to get a "fail" .
  • Options

This kind of behavior is very disruptive to other players and demoralizes some from playing. Here is why:

Some players only have time to run one set of randoms per day and they need it for the AD. A DPS must wait 20 - 40 minutes just to get into a queue. Once there... they might fire up 5k worth of consumables. Then a player or disconnects and forces the rest of the team to wait and cross their fingers that everyone doesn't start quitting. Once in... if more peeps quit, they find themselves dying because the few remaining players have to absorb all the hits. They might burn a few Mass Life pots.

At the end of the day.. a string of peeps quitting for 'convenience' makes a mission take twice as long for the remaining players and they get half the reward... or burn 10k in consumables to get a "fail" .
    and if I'm not mistaken the best thing from msva doesn't drop from a chest anyway, isn't the frozen polar bear directly to inventory? I don't drop if I get msva even if I don't get a chest. it's only 8 minutes. might as well get it overwith.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Aah, a familiar topic. Never did get a response. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1245621/why-no-free-chest-in-msva

Tiamat could use a free chest too, alone with Throne, Prophecy, and anything else that doesn't have one.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    @froger#9967 jan last year, it's the yearly question as to why. :)@nitocris83
  • Options
    *starts to compile list of annual questions*

• Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

and if I'm not mistaken the best thing from msva doesn't drop from a chest anyway, isn't the frozen polar bear directly to inventory? I don't drop if I get msva even if I don't get a chest. it's only 8 minutes. might as well get it overwith.
    I understand it can be disruptive to others if my tank or healer drop when they get MSVA, but it's not worth my time if I can't open all the chests. And since I refuse to spend ad to zen on Legendary dragon keys anymore it'll never be worth it since farming for the 3 keys takes forever. Everytime I have run it it takes at least 15-20 min. I don't think I've ever been in one that has been over in under 10.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

Tiamat could use a free chest too, alone with Throne, Prophecy, and anything else that doesn't have one.

Tiamat gives stuff directly to inventory that would be in that free chest.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    it may give stuff directly, so does msva, but I'd still rather it was a free chest. at least that way you could re roll it.
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2020

it may give stuff directly, so does msva, but I'd still rather it was a free chest. at least that way you could re roll it.

I second that, as it makes it much more obvious that you gained the reward from that activity.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    krailov said:

I second that, as it makes it much more obvious that you gained the reward from that activity.
    really wishing the hellpit had a free chest too with some rewards from the event. even if it sucked most of the time it would give it a little farm value that is lacking due to one toon a day. as it is hell pit is a non event imo
  • Options
    I find opening chests exciting and at times demoralizing (still waiting for that sudden precision +5). But I still get my hopes up everytime I open a chest there will be something cool inside. Loot dropping directly to inventory just doesn't have the same feel to it.

• Options
    loot dropping directly into inventory feels more like the boss drop than whole dungeon rewards. especially in the instances where you couldn't really expect there to be a boss drop
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Once a campaign is considered "legacy", it would be great if the associated dungeon / trial chests required a generic key which could be "bought" with any legacy campaign currency.