test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vault of the Nine & fresh lvl 70 boosted characters..

ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
So my girlfriend has run into an issue after playing the game for 2-3 months now. She submitted a ticket regarding it but got absolutely no assistance out of it, despite being detailed and precise which somewhat annoy me as a veteran NW player.

So the core issue is with the quest Vault of the Nine, which you need to have one or two level 60 characters to unlock. And me as an older player had multiple lvl 60+ on the account when i came back to the game and could instantly pick it up. However, she leveled her first character to 40'ish and then invested in two lvl 70 boost packs for zen. And now she has 2 level 80 characters which none can access this quest being granted by Jarlaxle Baenre in Protector's Enclave via the Artifacts of Legend quest. Now, i refuse to believe that getting the lvl 70 boost pack somehow doesn't count towards "level progression" for earlier content, and that's why she cant pick it up. When contacting support she was just told "you have to level up x2 60 characters, we can't unlock that quest for you". She already has plenty of game progression on her level 80 characters, just not from the very beginning. Does this mean she has to make a new character and level that up to get access on other characters? That seems highly absurd. She has invested a decent chunk of money into the game, only to get limited by old content?

I'd love if someone could shed some light on this problem. We need to get her that paladin sigil!

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    @ifantomen#9905 I have helped many guild members completed V9 quest on their first lv60 character, you don't need two lv60s anymore, it was changed a while back. (Vault of the Nine: This quest chain now requires the accepting character to be at least level 60 as per Patch Notes: NW.55.20151206a.3).

Not sure if you have done so but try with this walkthrough; https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/The_Vault_of_the_Nine on any character that is lv60+.

If your girlfriend already have a lv40ish and it is currently 2x XP, it should be fast. I think it might be a design error if purchasing lv70 toon not unlock V9 quest.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2019

So my girlfriend

So your girlfriend can't write on forum ? Don't get me wrong. If it's a bug, she must do all that on her own way.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    @ifantomen#9905
    It's like nic1985 says above you don't need 2 level 60+ to do it. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what we had to do, but I was able to help someone do this who only had one level 60+ character. I can't remember if we had to speak with Neverember and then Jarlaxle or just Jarlaxle but I do remember that it did not work at first but we were able to get it done in the end.

You may also want to have her check her map to make sure that the "Dragon Bridge" isn't already there. If it is then all you need to do is go there to continue / start the quest.

She is in a unique situation since she bought the pack at level 40. That means that several events didn't "fire" like they normally do. Since this is the case you could try the following but it will be a pain. I once bought a Knox completion order pack and I needed the ampule (?) or whatever it was to open up FBI even though the campaign autocompletes when I bought the pack. I had to actually go to the quest area and run through the opening quest up to the point you are awarded the ampule (?) to finally open up FBI. (This was back before it was no longer needed for FBI.)

She may need to do something like that since she skipped all of the quests from 40-60. Have her pick up all of the quests that she skipped from Knox and Neverember and then try talking to Jarlaxle. Start with the quest that are right before the vault of the nine and work backwards until she is able to get the quest from Jarlaxle. You should be able to tell which ones she needs by looking at your quest log on one of your characters you leveled up to 60 normally and looking for the ones you completed from level 40-60. Since the quest used to be tied to IWD (?) it may require visiting that area to kick it off. She can drop all of the quests she had to pick up after if it works.

Let us know what happens, Good Luck!

@skingdev#1102
    This happens with most of the level boosting / campaign completion packs. The player gets all of the boons associated with the campaigns but if there are special items or conditions that the player needs for other quests / areas they often require workarounds like we talked about here. This is not documented and many people get confused, or angry because they bought a pack that is supposed to let you "skip" this content only to have to go back and do parts of it later anyway.

Post edited by oremonger#9999 on
  • ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User

So my girlfriend

So your girlfriend can't write on forum ? Don't get me wrong. If it's a bug, she must do all that on her own way.
    Oh I'm sure she could, but since she's a bit new still and not familiar how to go about things, i did it for her. Don't see how it would change who makes the post. The problem remains. :)

@ifantomen#9905
    It's like nic1985 says above you don't need 2 level 60+ to do it. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what we had to do, but I was able to help someone do this who only had one level 60+ character. I can't remember if we had to speak with Neverember and then Jarlaxle or just Jarlaxle but I do remember that it did not work at first but we were able to get it done in the end.

You may also want to have her check her map to make sure that the "Dragon Bridge" isn't already there. If it is then all you need to do is go there to continue / start the quest.

She is in a unique situation since she bought the pack at level 40. That means that several events didn't "fire" like they normally do. Since this is the case you could try the following but it will be a pain. I once bought a Knox completion order pack and I needed the ampule (?) or whatever it was to open up FBI even though the campaign autocompletes when I bought the pack. I had to actually go to the quest area and run through the opening quest up to the point you are awarded the ampule (?) to finally open up FBI. (This was back before it was no longer needed for FBI.)

She may need to do something like that since she skipped all of the quests from 40-60. Have her pick up all of the quests that she skipped from Knox and Neverember and then try talking to Jarlaxle. Start with the quest that are right before the vault of the nine and work backwards until she is able to get the quest from Jarlaxle. You should be able to tell which ones she needs by looking at your quest log on one of your characters you leveled up to 60 normally and looking for the ones you completed from level 40-60. Since the quest used to be tied to IWD (?) it may require visiting that area to kick it off. She can drop all of the quests she had to pick up after if it works.

Let us know what happens, Good Luck!

@skingdev#1102
    This happens with most of the level boosting / campaign completion packs. The player gets all of the boons associated with the campaigns but if there are special items or conditions that the player needs for other quests / areas they often require workarounds like we talked about here. This is not documented and many people get confused, or angry because they bought a pack that is supposed to let you "skip" this content only to have to go back and do parts of it later anyway.

Ahh so you are telling me that the support team's copy/paste is outdated? *smirks*
    But yes, we checked it all, covered possible scenarios and solutions. None resulted in it unlocking for her.. so last thing might be to just have level her closest character to 60 and see what happens. Hopefully that will trigger something in the backend! Thanks for taking the time and input, i'm just surprised something like this occurs after years of development and someone being faced with what imo is faulty game design when spending money on the game. You'd think they would have covered these scenarios when they add a pack like that.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

So my girlfriend

Oh I'm sure she could, but since she's a bit new still and not familiar how to go about things, i did it for her. Don't see how it would change who makes the post. The problem remains. :)
    The difference is, you are asking us to diagnose a problem second hand. For example, @oremonger couldn't remember if you had to talk to Neverember and then jarlaxle, or just Jarlaxle. Neither one is correct. You had to speak with Jarlaxle, who then sent you to talk to Neverember to trigger the quest. By you making the post, we are getting your interpretation of the problem she is experiencing. Remember the Telephone game? Sometimes there are little details that get lost in translation...
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Yeah, it is probably faster to just level another character to 60 at this point. Sorry none of that worked for you.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @ifantomen#9905! Could you please have your gf message me her account info if leveling a character to 60 doesn't work? We can try to look into any data anomalies.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    Nitocris83 is going to handle the leveling portion of this, I'm sending this over to another QA Tester to look into the campaign buyout issues.

- SKing

Hi @ifantomen#9905! Could you please have your gf message me her account info if leveling a character to 60 doesn't work? We can try to look into any data anomalies.

Nitocris83 is going to handle the leveling portion of this, I'm sending this over to another QA Tester to look into the campaign buyout issues.

- SKing

We looked through things further, and i personally looked at it through screen sharing.
    She decided to get help would take too long, so i boosted her on a new character to level 60 through questing. Once she hit 60 she was then able to pick the quest up on her "bought" level 70 paladin. So i still believe there is something there not working as intended if you buy the pack, pre-lvl 60.

I was also informed about looking if the "hide low level quests" was enabled, which wasn't the case. She's a quest hoarder and wants to do them all :) Regardless, i can have her DM nitocris with her info if there's something needing a fix, see if they can find something.