test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[FEEDBACK] Mod 19 class balance requests and suggestions

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello. Seems like mod 18 class balance adjustments are only small part of fixes and more class changes will come in mod 19. So here is my wish list for future changes for tanks.

I. Introduction

I am tank player so I can give a lot of information about which instruments tank need for mass PvP. To shortly describe tank role in mass PvP (or in usual PvP domination) I would say that tank should have the following:
1) Tank is frontliner so he should have instrument of engage, disengage and survivability.
2) He need aoe control and pull effect to initiate fight and give opportunity for his dds to deal high aoe damage to pulled targets.
3) Also tank should have aoe push back effect and kind of wall to stop enemy's initiations.
4) Tank should be tanky (no matter how evident this is) because he usually take high damage staying in front line.

II. Concrete suggestions

I mostly will give feedback about my class (fighter) but I'm sure that developers will find ways how to add same mechanics and to other 2 tanks.

1) Feat [Staying power] of fighter's tanky paragon is relatively useless so you can add more interesting mechanics and replace it by the following feat:

[Shield wall] (let's call it so): "Changes effect of your encounter power [Shield slam]. [Shield slam] now 3 times wider and instead of knock down effect infront of fighter it now places wall infront of fighter for 5-10 seconds wich push back or stun all enemies who try to pass thru it."

Technically it can be not a wall (so don't be afraid about realisation). It is just area on the ground wich just push back or stun all enemies who try to pass thru it. It also should add stun or push back effect when for example wisard shift thru it (otherwise this wall just will be too useless).

!SPOILER ALERT!
Or in guide to upcoming dungeon in mod 18 I've found one very interesting thing. There were real walls with hp. At 1m 11s you can see texture with hp wich just perfectly fits for role of shield wall: "Changes effect of your encounter power [Shield slam]. [Shield slam] now 3 times wider and instead of knock down effect infront of fighter it now places wall infront of fighter for 5-10 seconds wich has 100-150% of fighter's health and can be broken".
https://youtu.be/VKfcCWE8gVk?t=71

So this is how barrier can be realised in neverwinter. It is one of classical instruments of disengage from many mmos.

2)
Before moving to other suggestions I would like to say that it would be good to change all aoe stuns of tanks from aplying stun for fixed time to aplying stun for like 1 second per every affected enemy up to 3 seconds. This just will balance aoe cc so tanks should not be able to abuse it in 1v1 PvP. I like this logic of developers when aoe powers are effective only against high number of enemies. It is just honest.

3) Feat [Cleaving bull] has almost same effect with his neighbour (it adds damage to your aoe attacks). What for we need 2 same feats?

I have idea how to rework it: "Your encounter power [Linebreaker] no longer generates threat. Instead it now stuns/dazes enemies for 1 second per every affected target up to 3 seconds".

All ingenious is simple: charge forward and stun enemies to initiate fight (but don't forget about enemy's barrier from point 1 because it can stop you ;D).

4) One more discussional feat [sharpened senses]: It is not effective because fighter's tab already gives you immune to combat advantage. So I have idea how to replace this feat:

"Now your daily power [Earthshaker] also pulls all affected targets to you"

Classical pull effect for folowing aoe damage of dds.

III. Conclusion

As you know raid in PvP does not need tank as melee dd with high burst damage (like [Into the fray]+[Bull charge]+[Anvil of doom] as it was in the past). Also tanks should not be just "battle stool" who seet on the point sometimes using team protection. Yes it works but only in PvP domination where fights usually are 1v1 or 2v2 (in mass PvP it does not work).

Raid need tank in mass PvP as frontliner who can stop enemy's initiation, who can initiate by himself and who can do real tanking zoning enemies.

And with these updates tank for mass PvP will have (other tanky classes will have something same):
1) Wall from p1 for disengage.
2) [Iron warrior] or [Knight's challenge] for self protection:

3) [Linebreaker] for initiation.
4) [Earthshaker] as follow up cc with pull effect for aoe damage and following cc of dds.

Everything is clear. Everything is logical and balanced.
Also there is need to say that all this can make smarter and classical PvP domination.

This is role of tank in mass PvP. I understand that developers have limited planned resources. But this is what I (and I am sure all other tanks too) would like to see in upcoming updates for PvP. There is nothing technically impossible in these requests but all written here will bring new life to mass PvP in this game.

So thank you for your attention and sorry for my english.
@asterdahl @terramak @noworries#8859 @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83
Post edited by dolrey on

Comments

• Options
    kevin#3443 kevin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    a dps would be great for a pally tank simple i want to tank not heal AHWOOOOO
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the suggestions! While the team is past the M19 planning stage and into active development, I'll make sure to share this :)
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Any balancing done for PVP must not affect PVE in any way, shape, or form.

As to anothers request for a dps path for pallys, I would much rather see us go back to a mod style feat tree and such. As I had a very effective hybrid tank/healer/dps paladin that I really enjoyed playing until mod 16. Once mod 16 hit I was forced into tank only, because the heal path for paladin is trash for MY playstyle (or at least it is without spending $200.00 to upgrade a 2nd set of comps). I would much prefer the ability to use all offense comps, or all defense, or all utility comps as we could pre mod 16.
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Once and for all, PLEASE! PLEASE! separate PVP and PVE in terms of balance and development. We have all (both PVP and PVE players) suffered long enough.

On another note it scares me to think that active development has already started on MOD 19 when MOD 18 is still on preview and in the shape that it is in. 15 days until release to live....
  • Options
    burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Class Balance Scourge Warlock; ready? ===>O<=== Eat this donut, gain 15% overall damage.
    Thank You.