Options

Alpha Compy

percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Merging all threads related to the Alpha Compy

Percemer
EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
----------
Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service

Comments

• Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    My legendary alpha compy once ported to preview stopped summoning her army of compies.... this is fundamentally broken as that army is her power.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I see people telling us about how bad this pet has been treated in the new module for a few months

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/search?Search=alpha+compy

please take a look at them

the additional compy were given names but their AI is totally broken they don't follow.. or they are unable to follow they just slide about the map with the purple question marks on their heads and take 2 minutes to spawn...

could someone that does videos please do a short clip and link it here on how bad they have got if the have one of these pets?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    I've switched back to my hunting hawk for the time being.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    1) Log into Neverwinter with any character
    2) Summon Alpha Compy as companion
    3) Head to any zone/map area with monsters
    4) Please read description of problem below

Previous to MOD16 if you had Compy summoned Compy and her followers would follow you anywhere.

Now, her followers do not follow us but in fact automatically go to different and remote spots in the map.

Once you enter an encounter/battle they will run from where they are on the map to you and therein lies the problem.

On their way to you they are drawing aggro from any critters that they pass and will often drag them into the current encounter thus sometimes causing an unyielding number of critters to deal with which makes the situation much worse especially now with the longer cool downs. In the Underground Campaign I have died a few times because of this. Last night at one point in Sharandar map they drew so many critters the entire screen with filled with nearly 75-100 critters all attacking at once.

Furthermore, other than Alpha Compy herself they no longer walk/run naturally. They slide across the map and usually they are not looking into the direction they are going and looks completely amateurish and silly.

I have included the video of the odd movement below.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    Sadly I had to stop using this lego companion today because it was preventing me from completely quests in the Vanrakdoom area particularly the one where you have to let people out of the prison. Because the wee dinos were running to different parts of the map they kept triggering combat even though they weren't anywhere near me I wasn't able to interact with the cells to let the prisoners out and they also kept triggering the big demon jailor to aggro on me even when I wasn't near it.

I wish one of you devs would at least acknowledge these bugs issues in the PS4. Your silence is insulting to your customers.
  • Options
    sakurapink7sakurapink7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Active Power Bonus from Alpha Compy companion is broken, this bonus decreases(3%) after changing the location or relog.
    It is necessary to remove and put it back to see bonus again.
  • Options
    I don't know who to thank but thank you so much! Compy is working again! I know it's something silly to get emotional about but I love using her sooooooo much and it just made my whole day! Thank you!
  • Options
    arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Every log in log out change or Enter in dungeon zone happen this:my power show 187,840 i remove and equip again alpha compy(+5%power buff utility slot ) then he go back to original value had t have 190.997. so i assume its a bug seem alpha compy reset without refresh itself , for have the buff yu need a manual refresh idk how post pics or vid.ive recorded on ps4 but idk how link sorry. but im sure some1 with alpha compy can help me doing this. tyvm.i wait yuor reply.
  • Options
    I see this problem any time I change any companion my stats wildly fluctuate just standing still in any zone even PE and the SH. I have noticed when I don't have a companion summoned they are fine and don't change.

I can only think that the companions have some type of passive powers that automatically switch on and off that cause this to happen.
  • Options
    arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    No its just compy 4 me and guild mates.its compy why lose only power base power 5%.and disequip equip compy from uti bonus fix all.
  • Options
    jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Is this being looked at? @nitocris83
  • Options
    ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    This has been reported on PC Bug subforum, Xbox subforum and this forum already.....yet not a single reply !

So once again...

Alpha Compy's active bonus (+5% power/+10% power in chult) drops off EVERY change of instance or loading screen. Doesn't matter if you switch zones, instances, or quest areas. The only way to reactivate it, is to unequip this bonus and then re-equip it....EACH TIME this happens. Frustrating for sure, though not as frustrating as getting ZERO replies from anyone about it. We bought the chult pack in good faith you understand....it is only fair we get some type of response about it.
  • Options
    caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Maybe this is why the Alpha Compy hasn't yet been reintroduced into the game even as a green companion?
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Can we please get a word from the devs about Alpha Compy's active bonus not working correctly. It loses approx 3/8 of the power it is supposed to give every time I zone or pass through a portal or anything similar. It is extremely frustrating to have to switch this active power out and back again just to get the appropriate bonus described in the tooltip.
  • Options
    ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Been reported for MONTHS now with zero replies from anyone....sadly I feel this is one of those low-priority things that will never get fixed. Sadly I also cannot say what I really want to....but I'm thinking it for sure.
  • Options
    d0ob41kd0ob41k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Bug still active, on PC too.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    The issue with the Alpha Compy 5% bonus power dropping off whenever character switches to a new load screen has been fixed internally - the fix is currently being tested to verify if it will be ready to ship in a future patch.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2019

The issue with the Alpha Compy 5% bonus power dropping off whenever character switches to a new load screen has been fixed internally - the fix is currently being tested to verify if it will be ready to ship in a future patch.

The patch notes released yesterday said the alpha compy fix was made live. However it did not fix the companion, as every time you change instances you still have to swap the bonuses to get the correct bonus %. Please fix this, as this just looks bad on Cryptic's end, and is definitely a failure.
  • Options
    d0ob41kd0ob41k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2019

The patch notes released yesterday said the alpha compy fix was made live. However it did not fix the companion, as every time you change instances you still have to swap the bonuses to get the correct bonus %. Please fix this, as this just looks bad on Cryptic's end, and is definitely a failure.
    Confurm. Still didn't work properley.
  • Options
    cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    d0ob41k said:

Confurm. Still didn't work properley.
    Sigh....why does this not surprise me in the least.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Alpha compy bugged
    waitting...
    We are aware
    waitting...
    Is fixed internally
    waitting...
    Doing last checks to ensure is working
    waitting...
    released in patch

Noting changed. Sigh
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I thought @nitocris83 stated that before the patch the issue was fixed internally and was in testing b4 patch release....

I don't know how much more of this I can take - either your programmers are horrible or the testing was never done.

Which is it @nitocris83 ?
  • Options
    mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2019

I thought @nitocris83 stated that before the patch the issue was fixed internally and was in testing b4 patch release....

I don't know how much more of this I can take - either your programmers are horrible or the testing was never done.

Which is it @nitocris83 ?

Sorry for this but, they said they fixed it and was testing it internally, then we get it on live and it's still broken... Can you please explain to me what testing was done then for this "fix" to be marked as complete and pushed to live?

On last nights Stream they also said they tested it and it was fixed and they see people still complaining about it and that it might be a different issue displaying on the compy, but if that's really the case why wasn't it discovered while testing?

Simple fix: If you can't test your content before it goes live, put it on preview, let us test it there, let us tell you if it's working or not and if it's NOT working, don't simply release it to live!
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    well at least we know the real answer to why, if they have all this stuff fixed on the back end, they don't ever make it to release.. it's because it isn't really fixed on the back end lol
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    i guess this is just like the runestone donation issue where it was "fixed internally" like 6 months ago but still doesn't work live.