test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Masquerade of Liars Enchanted broom Mount

Does the Enchanted Broom mount actually cost AD? I've been playing for a couple of years now and this is the only event reward that has ever cost anything beside the loot from event itself. What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    It was that way last year too. I think it is 50K for a component.. But was a year ago, so my memory maybe fuzzy. :)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    yeah, same way.
    It costs AD as previous Halloween
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Thats not even the part I would worry about, since you really only have to pay if you got all parts, and that was heavy grinding/bad RNG if I remember correctly.
    But if you can, you should try to go for it. If its still the same, it has gladiators guile and power, that alone would cost you a lot of AD if you tried to buy a similar mount.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    rorrik#3186 rorrik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thanks for the info. I just don't like being charged for something that up until now has been free.
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User

Thats not even the part I would worry about, since you really only have to pay if you got all parts, and that was heavy grinding/bad RNG if I remember correctly.
    But if you can, you should try to go for it. If its still the same, it has gladiators guile and power, that alone would cost you a lot of AD if you tried to buy a similar mount.

Yes, RNG is always a pain... I got my last item to assemble it in the last day of the event, while there were some ppl flying with it around in the first days...

So, yes, prepare yourself for RNG and the grinding and go for it. It worth the effort.
  • Options
    lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I've gotten it both years on two toons. The first time was super easy. This year the enchanted sash didn't drop from a piñata until I had everything else needed
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I was telling players about this in chat throughout the event. This was my second broom. Last year, I felt the pinatas were a PITA (as many did) so I just collected tokens last year in 2018 to see what I could afford to buy at the end of the event. Lucky me, I had one character who collected enough tokens to get the broom.

This year, I did the same thing but knowing the broom, sash, etc. would be there. New players in chat were again upset about the pinatas. I told them to calm down the sash would be in the store at the end for tokens. The best of these players thanked me and replied they would still break the pinatas without worry hoping to get the broom early. That is the way to look at these pinatas, they are just early access to these broom mounts.

The worst of these players called me a liar, a conman, last year was glitch, and I was just "out to get them"... to them I say, I hope you enjoy your broom and next year all the new players with your attitude get to call you a liar and cheat. It was sad to read in chat last night, with less than 12 hours before update, people were throwing in the towel and cashing out their tokens on junk they didn't want. I tried my best to inform everyone. To them, I hope Cryptic's little secrets don't sour them against the whole game.

To Cryptic (you know who you are) I congratulate you on yet another grind fest. Keeping the new players locked into an event and preventing them from leaving on promise of an epic mount well worth 200K AD. I don't need or want the broom next year. My friend called at the beginning of this event -- around the 25th -- asked, "Hey Wendy, anything new or different in the Halloween event.". I told him about the werewolf replacement of the twig blight costume. "Sounds like I won't be there, I dropped in on the guild. My leadership should hold up until next month. See you on Black Friday." and that sums up why my friends who spend cash on your game no longer visit.

I really miss my whale friends, and you should miss feeding them. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I told them to calm down the sash would be in the store at the end for tokens.

I knew the sash would be up for sale but did not know the cost. Fell about 80 tokens short lol. Thanks Cryptic.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I knew the sash would be up for sale but did not know the cost. Fell about 80 tokens short lol. Thanks Cryptic.
    I sold some bristles, either not remembering or not paying attention to the fact that the sash would be for sale at the end, and that is what tripped me up. I have enough for the sash and broomstick, but not enough to also buy the necessary bristles.

Semi-related question: Does a character benefit from all mount abilities or just the active mount ability?

What about the bonus for insignias?

Because while the broom's benefits are pretty good, I have no interest in riding around on a broom.

Might go against many player's thinking, but that matters to me.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2019

I sold some bristles, either not remembering or not paying attention to the fact that the sash would be for sale at the end, and that is what tripped me up. I have enough for the sash and broomstick, but not enough to also buy the necessary bristles.

Semi-related question: Does a character benefit from all mount abilities or just the active mount ability?

What about the bonus for insignias?

Because while the broom's benefits are pretty good, I have no interest in riding around on a broom.

Might go against many player's thinking, but that matters to me.
    You choose your mount A for skin.
    You choose your mount B for speed.
    You choose your mount C for combat power.
    You choose your mount D for mount bonus.

You choose mount E1,E2,E3,E4,E5 mounts for insignia bonus.

A,B,C,D,E can all be different.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***